Quantcast
General Election 2019 - Page 207 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

General Election 2019

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What coverage is everyone watching? Ive got Sky News on. 

Novara has a live stream on YouTube. No better time to support and build up new institutions, independent media 

Also, for anyone thats laying in to Momentum, without them energizing young people so much over the last 3 years I think things would have been much much worse for Labour. 

I genuinely feel so sorry for all those young people that have worked so hard to get such a crushing defeat. The problem is now I think a lot of them will just lose interest all together. 

Just looking at Labour 'holds' in Sunderland it appears that the Brexit crew are stopping the Tories from taking the seats that have been declared. So much for Farage's fuckpigs going to mortally damage Labour. It will be interesting to see if the exits polls have overestimated or not the scale of the projected result. 

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

Also, for anyone thats laying in to Momentum, without them energizing young people so much over the last 3 years I think things would have been much much worse for Labour. 

I genuinely feel so sorry for all those young people that have worked so hard to get such a crushing defeat. The problem is now I think a lot of them will just lose interest all together. 

Or given false hope to a populist leader with songs and T-shirt’s. 

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

Hopefully it will galvanise them and give them a taste of it. I was passive for years. I was too busy shagging, drinking and defending this country when I was 18 to give a shit. 

1 minute ago, moof said:

Novara has a live stream on YouTube. No better time to support and build up new institutions, independent media 

Has Adrienne Buller on as a guest, which is cheering me right up

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Agreed.  If Scotland (and NI) goes there will not be another meaningful vote in The UK of England and Wales for a very, very long time, I don't think in my lifetime. 

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Or given false hope to a populist leader with songs and T-shirt’s. 

You do realise that you've been massively proven wrong and won't get to Remain in the EU now? 

I asked you ages ago how Labour or any party could have won on a remain platform.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

People shouldn’t think differently to you. That’s bad. How dare they have some things the same, and some things different. It must all be the same. Fucking hell. 

What the fuck are you waffling on about now? 

That's not the point I'm making. They're cheering for a party who has cut funding to THEIR city to the tune of £500m. Have a different view. That's fine, but fucking gloating on an article about how tonight's election could cause even more suffering for people who walk down the same streets as you? Nah, that's not for me. It's a cunt's trick. That's probably why you haven't got a problem with it.

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

I'm fortunate enough that I'll probably end up a few quid a month better off in my pay packet in the medium term under the Tories, as I have been over the last few years. Long term who knows.

I'm deeply concerned about the wider affects on society but on a personal level I'm petrified of what happens to the NHS. I cost them £8k+ a year in medication alone for a chronic, lifelong disease. If it goes down the route we fear, opening up the market to the US and raising the price of medicines, then what happens? Does it stop? Do I have to have major surgery with no guarantee that'll be effective or cure my illness? Do I take out expensive private medical insurance? Would insurance even cover an existing condition? I know it's scare mongering but it's feasible and it's scary.

Depends whether you get Australian or American system. American, you are fucked, Australian you should be ok, they have pretty much flats fees but ranked service, e you can get top hospital and basic extras, and the fees are set according to age rather than medical history. 

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

You do realise that you've been massively proven wrong and won't get to Remain in the EU now? 

I asked you ages ago how Labour or any party could have won on a remain platform.

How’ve I been proven wrong? I voted for the only party able to stop Leave. 

Labour could have had a coherent policy. Are you watching the BBC? They’ve just said Brexit policy fucked them 

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

I actually think it would have been worse because Blair would have gone much stronger on remain. 

A remain voting Blair with all the main media against him would have lost heavier tonight. 

Delusional.

Cant believe Labour have held Halton. I lived in Widnes for a year and a bit and they all seemed to be racist brexit cunts. 

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

How’ve I been proven wrong? I voted for the only party able to stop Leave. 

Labour could have had a coherent policy. Are you watching the BBC? They’ve just said Brexit policy fucked them 

Get to bed you blert

42 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

UKTV Play - watching Bergerac and Dempsey & Makepeace repeats.

ITV.

Glynis barber, fuck me I nearly went blind watching her on my little black n white portable

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Delusional.

He’s right. The people want the country to leave the EU. We knew that from the referendum and the European election result confirmed that.