You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Also, for anyone thats laying in to Momentum, without them energizing young people so much over the last 3 years I think things would have been much much worse for Labour. 

I genuinely feel so sorry for all those young people that have worked so hard to get such a crushing defeat. The problem is now I think a lot of them will just lose interest all together. 

Agreed.  If Scotland (and NI) goes there will not be another meaningful vote in The UK of England and Wales for a very, very long time, I don't think in my lifetime. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

People shouldn’t think differently to you. That’s bad. How dare they have some things the same, and some things different. It must all be the same. Fucking hell. 

What the fuck are you waffling on about now? 

That's not the point I'm making. They're cheering for a party who has cut funding to THEIR city to the tune of £500m. Have a different view. That's fine, but fucking gloating on an article about how tonight's election could cause even more suffering for people who walk down the same streets as you? Nah, that's not for me. It's a cunt's trick. That's probably why you haven't got a problem with it.

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

I'm fortunate enough that I'll probably end up a few quid a month better off in my pay packet in the medium term under the Tories, as I have been over the last few years. Long term who knows.

I'm deeply concerned about the wider affects on society but on a personal level I'm petrified of what happens to the NHS. I cost them £8k+ a year in medication alone for a chronic, lifelong disease. If it goes down the route we fear, opening up the market to the US and raising the price of medicines, then what happens? Does it stop? Do I have to have major surgery with no guarantee that'll be effective or cure my illness? Do I take out expensive private medical insurance? Would insurance even cover an existing condition? I know it's scare mongering but it's feasible and it's scary.

Depends whether you get Australian or American system. American, you are fucked, Australian you should be ok, they have pretty much flats fees but ranked service, e you can get top hospital and basic extras, and the fees are set according to age rather than medical history. 

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

You do realise that you've been massively proven wrong and won't get to Remain in the EU now? 

I asked you ages ago how Labour or any party could have won on a remain platform.

How’ve I been proven wrong? I voted for the only party able to stop Leave. 

Labour could have had a coherent policy. Are you watching the BBC? They’ve just said Brexit policy fucked them 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

How’ve I been proven wrong? I voted for the only party able to stop Leave. 

Labour could have had a coherent policy. Are you watching the BBC? They’ve just said Brexit policy fucked them 

Oh well if the BBC said it, it must be true. The party that promised to revoke article 50 are on course to win about 13 seats!

Look at the results coming in. They all indicate leave voters moving from Labour to the Tories/Brexit Party.

If Labour only cared about winning this election, their best policy would have been to offer leave with no deal in January! Think about that! In this scenario, they wouldn't lose any leave voting seats and then, what do the the big remain seats do? Who do the Liverpool and London seats vote for? 

Even the likes of the s*n would be confused, who would they support in this election? This would also have been better for the Lib Dems as well as they would win a lot more seats in heavy remain areas.

The underlying trend in this election is that the party with the clearest leave strategy is going to win.  

• Upvote 1

Nuneaton. Cunts. 

Had an ex whose Dad is from there. The day we beat Utd 2:1 in the cup when Kuyt got the winner we had gone up for his 50th. The word cunt had one of them hummer limo things turn up for a fancy dress party at Warwick castle. I bummed his daughter in his house that night. 

The big fear is that this will disillusion the young voters on the left, little chance of pushing the case for 16 year old voters. And it could kill the true side of Labour and give Blair and his cronies the result they wanted to return control of Labour to them. If it goes the same way in the US with Clinton, Biden or Warren getting the nomination you could lose any hope of real change for a long long time. 

Not even sure why I'm commenting. 

The US style health care system will be crippling for me and no fucking fault of my own. I need lifelong medication of blood pressure tablets and 2 types of insulin from issue of being sick before. That means health insurance is either unaffordable or impossible. 

14 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Oh well if the BBC said it, it must be true. The party that promised to revoke article 50 are on course to win about 13 seats!

Look at the results coming in. They all indicate leave voters moving from Labour to the Tories/Brexit Party.

If Labour only cared about winning this election, their best policy would have been to offer leave with no deal in January! Think about that! In this scenario, they wouldn't lose any leave voting seats and then, what do the the big remain seats do? Who do the Liverpool and London seats vote for? 

Even the likes of the s*n would be confused, who would they support in this election? This would also have been better for the Lib Dems as well as they would win a lot more seats in heavy remain areas.

The underlying trend in this election is that the party with the clearest leave strategy is going to win.  

Some people need to acknowledge there was no perfect Brexit strategy for Labour that worked with their voting base across the country. Secondly a lot of people in this country want Brexit or don't want another referendum at this moment.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fucking hell Workington 97 out of 100 years a Lab seat set to fall.

Bleak, fucking bleak

So far the losses, or impending ones, seem to be those expected.  It's the Labour gains, or lack of, that's the killer.