Quantcast
General Election 2019 - Page 203 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

General Election 2019

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

  1. 1. Who are you voting for?



Recommended Posts

The North East still clearly terrified of a monkey jumping out of a crate. The most deprived area of the country as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking Blyth Valley...a former mining town goes Tory...

 

Fucking brexit has a lot to answer for...

 

An 8,000 majority turned over.

 

Staggering.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fortunate enough that I'll probably end up a few quid a month better off in my pay packet in the medium term under the Tories, as I have been over the last few years. Long term who knows.

 

I'm deeply concerned about the wider affects on society but on a personal level I'm petrified of what happens to the NHS. I cost them £8k+ a year in medication alone for a chronic, lifelong disease. If it goes down the route we fear, opening up the market to the US and raising the price of medicines, then what happens? Does it stop? Do I have to have major surgery with no guarantee that'll be effective or cure my illness? Do I take out expensive private medical insurance? Would insurance even cover an existing condition? I know it's scare mongering but it's feasible and it's scary.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Never in modern history has an opposition party faced a government as inept and riddled with infighting as this Conservative government. And never in modern history has such a farcical, timid attempt been made to displace it. History will show this to have been the lamest-duck Labour Party in the history of the UK to have made such an absolute pigs ear fuck up of combatting this Conservative government.

1997 Tony Blair would have lost this election tonight. There is nobody in the current Labour party that would have won.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Turnouts seem pretty low for the first results, so much for first time voters surge so far.

I read a few days ago that there were very low amounts of registrations in the north. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fucking Blyth Valley...a former mining town goes Tory...

 

Fucking brexit has a lot to answer for...

 

An 8,000 majority turned over.

 

Staggering.

 

2 minutes ago, Qwikage said:

Blythe Valley. Have you forgotten Margaret Thatcher? Really!!

 

Something that is going to have to change is the future is Labour taking these seats for granted just because a hundred years ago they used to dig coal out of the ground there.

 

Ancient history is not going to be enough to keep these places in the red column.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I think his most costly mistake is not standing up to the pro-remainers in the Labour Party. He should’ve been much more firm in backing Lexit. The focus should’ve always been in minimising the damage of Brexit.

I think his natural character underpinned the Brexit policy. A nice bloke, who doesn't like a ruckus and who tries to keep everybody happy. In hindsight, that might not have worked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

1997 Tony Blair would have lost this election tonight. There is nobody in the current Labour party that would have won.

 

Maybe not won, but not utterly fucking tonked everywhere like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

 

Something that is going to have to change is the future is Labour taking these seats for granted just because a hundred years ago they used to dig coal out of the ground there.

 

Ancient history is not going to be enough to keep these places in the red column.

Agreed. However i do not think that is the real issue here Stronts. You would have thought that given how these mining areas were treated by the tories, voting for them would have been beyond the pale. Surely any right thinking individual, be they labour , liberal or other would have voted with a conscience? No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

1997 Tony Blair would have lost this election tonight. There is nobody in the current Labour party that would have won.

1997 Blair would have won an absolute massive Labour majority.  

2019 Blair wouldn't, but 97 Blair and New Labour would have smashed the Tories to bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

That the fucker from Perth? Full of wrong uns over in the wild west.

No idea, it just says address in Australia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Blythe result may be surprising historically, but if you base it's really not that surprising if you look at the results of the last two elections.

 

Its exactly as I said earlier, in 2017 the Ukip vote went back to labour. Now its gone to the Tories and the Brexit Party.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

1997 Blair would have won an absolute massive Labour majority.  

2019 Blair wouldn't, but 97 Blair and New Labour would have smashed the Tories to bits.

Not with Brexit in the picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

I'm fortunate enough that I'll probably end up a few quid a month better off in my pay packet in the medium term under the Tories, as I have been over the last few years. Long term who knows.

 

I'm deeply concerned about the wider affects on society but on a personal level I'm petrified of what happens to the NHS. I cost them £8k+ a year in medication alone for a chronic, lifelong disease. If it goes down the route we fear, opening up the market to the US and raising the price of medicines, then what happens? Does it stop? Do I have to have major surgery with no guarantee that'll be effective or cure my illness? Do I take out expensive private medical insurance? Would insurance even cover an existing condition? I know it's scare mongering but it's feasible and it's scary.

 

 


Im genuinely sorry about what you’re about to experience. I mean that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

1997 Blair would have won an absolute massive Labour majority.  

2019 Blair wouldn't, but 97 Blair and New Labour would have smashed the Tories to bits.

Blair would have battered Johnson. But Momentum want him in The Hague. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris said:

 

Maybe not won, but not utterly fucking tonked everywhere like this.

I actually think it would have been worse because Blair would have gone much stronger on remain. 

 

A remain voting Blair with all the main media against him would have lost heavier tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×