Quantcast
General Election 2019 - Page 197 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

General Election 2019

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Imagine choosing now to troll.

A vote which will almost certainly lead to thousands more preventable deaths.

Imagine being so fucking wrong about everything for so long. 

I am genuinely torn.

Part of me thinks that the gullible and intelectualy challenged who have elected the Village Idiot will get what they deserve and there is fuck all they can do about it for 5 years.

On the other hand these imbeciles will be taking a sizeable amount of the poulation down the tiolet with them.

Nothing good will come of this.

I’m not sure what you are getting into Labour for SD, your party fought an absolutely pathetic campaign and are mired in sheer nothingness, surely your recriminations should start closer to home.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Clinging to the fact it’s just 20,000 voters from 140 seats, but the obvious worry is how accurate the exit poll has been in the last few elections, so the method seems sound.

Yeah that's the worry. The only time it got it wrong and called a hung parliament, the actual outcome ended with the conservatives getting more seats than predicted !

Just now, Red Shift said:

Yeah that's the worry. The only time it got it wrong and called a hung parliament, the actual outcome ended with the conservatives getting more seats than predicted !

They also got it wrong in 92 when they said Labour had won, but Major and the Tories snuck back in. That was a long time ago though.

3 minutes ago, Qwikage said:

I am genuinely torn.

Part of me thinks that the gullible and intelectualy challenged who have elected the Village Idiot will get what they deserve and there is fuck all they can do about it for 5 years.

On the other hand these imbeciles will be taking a sizeable amount of the poulation down the tiolet with them.

Nothing good will come of this.

I’m 3% richer now because of Sterling (emigrating soon) than I was half an hour ago, may just spend that on mountains of beak this weekend to cheer me up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well the Tories won. Not my type of politics but it shows a flat rejection by the UK population of the type of politics I prefer.

Strangely the Tory voters won't enjoy post-election Britain but they'll blame immigrants and benefit cheats. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I’m not sure what you are getting into Labour for SD, your party fought an absolutely pathetic campaign and are mired in sheer nothingness, surely your recriminations should start closer to home.

I know yeah. 13 seats. The irrelevance. 

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Lib Dem remainers are now gloating?!?! Wild scenes. 

Being proved right, that you lot were all in a personality cult that would fuck up the country is not a good feeling. 

Massive problems in the polling stations in Liverpool, every time a cross goes into a box Virgil clears it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

They got ridiculously giddy after the European elections result.

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Imagine being so fucking wrong about everything for so long. 

I wasn't wrong, not about the result of the election and not about you being an absolute wind up shithouse.

As a final point on this, I am in no doubt how utterly tragic and devastating what has just happened is. It has governed all my thoughts, fears and comments in this election. This country, as a whole, all of us, have either played our part in getting to this place or not been effective enough in avoiding it.

The way out now is not for people to point at everyone else and say “This is your fucking fault” and for us all to divide further.

The way out is for people to point at themselves, say “This is all of our fault”, or at the very least “We are all in this together”, and work together to fix it. However, whenever and through whatever compromise. It’s all relative.

I have no idea how that will look, no answers as to what form or tactics it will take on this bleakest of all nights. But we have been had off, divided, dissembled and set against one another in the service of Johnson, Trump, Putin, Farage, etc. The results of that division could not be any clearer, we will all suffer to some degree or other. 

More of the same isn’t going to work.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Being proved right, that you lot were all in a personality cult that would fuck up the country is not a good feeling. 

It’s the worst result possible for remainers. I don’t get why you’re celebrating.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

They are the Everton of politics

1 minute ago, Thoth said:

Massive problems in the polling stations in Liverpool, every time a cross goes into a box Virgil clears it

I've just laughed more than I should at that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’m 3% richer now because of Sterling (emigrating soon) than I was half an hour ago, may just spend that on mountains of beak this weekend to cheer me up.

I made £50 on the footy tonight. We’re the real winners here. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

What a desperate little man you are , I pity you 

Why? I’m genuinely curious. What do you pity?  Take it to PM. 

• Downvote 1