You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

35 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

A lot of that might be balanced out by people sick of the thought of strawhead being PM. We've seen what Trump has been like for the US and this cunt is similarly stupid, so getting him out should boost turnout too.

I hope so - but the sad reality i feel is that more than enough of the people be has targeted with his brexit centric campaign will come out and vote to 'get brexit done'

I hope i am wrong.

• Upvote 1

Devon, a county with 11 constituencies, and usually most of them Tory, with Labour in Plymouth and Exeter and Lib Dems in Totnes, looks to have been shaken up quite a lot over the last couple of years. There is an independent (who seems somewhere between Lib Dem and Labour) who is likely to run the Tory (majority of 8k) very close. She's the one who Hugh Grant has been supporting on the campaign. Mel Stride in my old constituency has a majority of about 15k, and whilst Lisa Webb probably won't beat him it looks like it'll be much, much closer. I was speaking to my old man yesterday who said everyone he's spoken to on his road is voting Labour. And these people usually vote Lib Dem or Tory. 

In North Devon and the other Plymouth constituency (the one not held by Labour) the majorities are about 5k. Not beyond the realms of possibly that it could be surmounted.

I've got mates in most of the constituencies who are saying it feels very different. Labour, Lib Dem, and Independent in the case of Claire Wright in East Devon, campaigns are far more visible. The number of people helping has increased ten fold. Tories are finding selling the idea of Boris Johnson very difficult.

Maybe Pidge could tell you more, as he still lives there, but I'm starting to think this could be a hung parliament. 

Please, please be a fucking hung parliament.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I hope so - but the sad reality i feel is that more than enough of the people be has targeted with his brexit centric campaign will come out and vote to 'get brexit done'

I hope i am wrong.

There'll be a lot of them I think, am optimistic that it'll be balanced out quite well though. It's going to suck waiting 12 hours for the exit poll though.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

My constituency includes the Scilly Isles so is usually the last result in, only 300 betwen lib dem and tories. Seeing as it could be the one to tip the balance i'm going up the polling station in a bit with a "vote for sale" badge on. 

Mind your step. 

Unfortunately I still think there will be enough older pro-Brexit supporters to get the Tories over the line. I'm still hoping for a hung parliament, the swing Labour would require to win is more than 6%. We'd be into '97 landslide territory shift of vote for that to happen.

The only consolation I can see tonight is that we may see a string of high-profile Brexit supporting Tories lose their seats?

Just now, clangers said:

Unfortunately I still think there will be enough older pro-Brexit supporters to get the Tories over the line. I'm still hoping for a hung parliament, the swing Labour would require to win is more than 6%. We'd be into '97 landslide shift of vote for that to happen.

The only consolation I can see tonight is that we may see a string of high-profile Brexit supporting Tories lose their seats.

There's no way Labour can win without Scotland and they're dead here. A hung parliament with Labour and SNP having enough seats to form a government is the best we can hope for, and to be honest even that's a bit of a pipedream.

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There's no way Labour can win without Scotland and they're dead here. A hung parliament with Labour and SNP having enough seats to form a government is the best we can hope for, and to be honest even that's a bit of a pipedream.

Too true, without Scotland Labour would need something like a 9.5% swing.

56 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Best of luck to all those desperate to see the back of the Vile Tory bastards and a conclusion to Brexit which benefits your country in full. A Tory working majority doesn't bear thinking about, they'll cosy up to Trump and his cronies which will alienate the UK from many others, then if you get a US President/Party who are less anti EU you'll end up all by yourselves. During this period they'll also be responsible for a load more deaths as poverty rises and no doubt it will lead to severe cracks in your own Union. Huge day, hopefully the masses will react accordingly and vote for their future and not the lies of the rich. 

No chance I fear , the Brexit plebs will deliver a Tory majority and half the country will get what it deserves . Fucking grim day ahead

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, clangers said:

Too true, without Scotland Labour would need something like a 9.5% swing.

If the turnout is large then you never know. You only need marginal seats changing hands and it's game on. That is realistically where the large turn outs will have the biggest say. 

34 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Devon, a county with 11 constituencies, and usually most of them Tory, with Labour in Plymouth and Exeter and Lib Dems in Totnes, looks to have been shaken up quite a lot over the last couple of years. There is an independent (who seems somewhere between Lib Dem and Labour) who is likely to run the Tory (majority of 8k) very close. She's the one who Hugh Grant has been supporting on the campaign. Mel Stride in my old constituency has a majority of about 15k, and whilst Lisa Webb probably won't beat him it looks like it'll be much, much closer. I was speaking to my old man yesterday who said everyone he's spoken to on his road is voting Labour. And these people usually vote Lib Dem or Tory. 

In North Devon and the other Plymouth constituency (the one not held by Labour) the majorities are about 5k. Not beyond the realms of possibly that it could be surmounted.

I've got mates in most of the constituencies who are saying it feels very different. Labour, Lib Dem, and Independent in the case of Claire Wright in East Devon, campaigns are far more visible. The number of people helping has increased ten fold. Tories are finding selling the idea of Boris Johnson very difficult.

Maybe Pidge could tell you more, as he still lives there, but I'm starting to think this could be a hung parliament. 

Please, please be a fucking hung parliament.

The birds MP is Johnny Mercer, he’ll piss it unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

The birds MP is Johnny Mercer, he’ll piss it unfortunately. 

Majority of 5k. The other half of Plymouth is Labour.

Last election all the UKIP supporters went to Mercer. Basically, I don't see how he can increase his vote whilst, although not likely, Labour could increase theirs.

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Majority of 5k. The other half of Plymouth is Labour.

Last election all the UKIP supporters went to Mercer. Basically, I don't see how he can increase his vote whilst, although not likely, Labour could increase theirs.

I’m living 50/50 between Bristol and Plymouth at the moment, from anecdotal evidence I’d say he doubles his majority. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Hopefully the outcome and probably the most likely one if the early large turnouts continue throughout the day will be a hung parliament like it was the last time a December GE took place in 1923. 

8 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

All I’ve heard is how great he is for Plymouth. 

I'm not sure how. Probably by being in the army and dead brave and all that shit? That's pretty much all he ever comes out with.

Horrible, patronising, self-satisfied fucking cunt.

9 minutes ago, Manny said:

I'm not sure how. Probably by being in the army and dead brave and all that shit? That's pretty much all he ever comes out with.

Horrible, patronising, self-satisfied fucking cunt.

I’ve only been coming down here since the summer and had never really heard of him before. 

As you say he’s the ex forces card to play and in a Naval city that’s going to sow up a large proportion of the vote before you even start. 

How anyone ex military could vote for a cunt who happily financially profited from fucking over ex service personnel I don’t know. 

• Upvote 1