You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I have not seen a single time when she has said she would not support Johnson in an alliance. 

She has Stig. Its was on a TV debate about 3 weeks ago on that BBC one where all the leaders got 30 minutes each. Might have been the Questiotime one. I'm in work so cant look for it on I Player.

She said she would never back a Johnson led Tory party or words to that effect. It was the 'Johnson led' bit that stood out for me. What happens if there's a hung parliament and the tories fuck the buffoon off ? 

She might not be in a position to make the call anyway. What if they end up with a new leader ?

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

She has Stig. Its was on a TV debate about 3 weeks ago on that BBC one where all the leaders got 30 minutes each. Might have been the Questiotime one. I'm in work so cant look for it on I Player.

She said she would never back a Johnson led Tory party or words to that effect. It was the 'Johnson led' bit that stood out for me. What happens if there's a hung parliament and the tories fuck the buffoon off ? 

She might not be in a position to make the call anyway. What if they end up with a new leader ?

I must have missed it. I definitely saw a few times where she was adamant about Labour but squirmed and danced round it when asked about the Tories. 

45 minutes ago, SasaS said:

But Tories are doing the way they are doing, if you look at graphs extending back to the summer and further, you can see some trends and event influencing that trends. Polls were showing they were doing horribly a couple of months ago, than they were showing Labour were doing terribly  for a while, than the Lib Dems had a bid dip and so on. 

Have got no real idea of polls outside of election time because I switch off from it mostly once it's done, just tend to get a bit obsessed with them (and the errors in them) during elections. The main point though was that there's a media impression that Tories are doing better than they might be doing, which is a reason not to feel like shit until the exit polls tomorrow night. We can still have a shock the other way but it does seem like Labour are catching them up quicky now.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I must have missed it. I definitely saw a few times where she was adamant about Labour but squirmed and danced round it when asked about the Tories. 

I'll have a look for it when I get home but i just remember thinking that she'd left herself a get out by saying Johnson and not the Tories as a whole.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Have got no real idea of polls outside of election time because I switch off from it mostly once it's done, just tend to get a bit obsessed with them (and the errors in them) during elections. The main point though was that there's a media impression that Tories are doing better than they might be doing, which is a reason not to feel like shit until the exit polls tomorrow night. We can still have a shock the other way but it does seem like Labour are catching them up quicky now.

Guardian have a graph for the whole year, many others do too

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2019/dec/11/election-opinion-polls-uk-2019-latest-poll-tracker-tories-labour

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Ah I see those regularly, I think I meant that I don't really pay much attention to them/to the area in them outside of when the election was called, or remember what's caused previous changes usually.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just been to a friends house to fit a safe and on the way back I was listening to BFBS2 radio for forces Germany. They had an election special taking calls and reading posts/e-mails out. Bare in mind this was a few Squaddies and mainly dependants of them and all from in the UK. Must have been 5 calls and 20 posts read out during my car journey and every single one said they can't/won't vote for the Tories as Johnson is a buffoon and not trustworthy, most said they wouldn't vote for labour either purely based on their leader Corbyn. The majority said they would not vote at all and a few said they would be spoiling their ballot paper. 

Evole Politics is saying it's this part, which she could be done for by the looks of it but it's not as if anyone's going to actually enforce it on her.

Prohibition on publication of exit polls.

(1) No person shall, in the case of an election to which this section applies, publish before the poll is closed—

(a) any statement relating to the way in which voters have voted at the election where that statement is (or might reasonably be taken to be) based on information given by voters after they have voted, or
(b) any forecast as to the result of the election which is (or might reasonably be taken to be) based on information so given.

(2) This section applies to—

(a) any parliamentary election; and
(b) any local government election in England or Wales.

(3) If a person acts in contravention of subsection (1) above, he shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months.

(4) In this section—

“forecast” includes estimate;
“publish” means make available to the public at large, or any section of the public, in whatever form and by whatever means;

and any reference to the result of an election is a reference to the result of the election either as a whole or so far as any particular candidate or candidates at the election is or are concerned.

7 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The postal votes get counted with all the others don’t they?

I believe so. But candidates or their representatives can attend opening sessions. I believe this is done to see that procedure is followed correctly, but they mustn't attempt to see how the ballot papers have been marked or attempt to make a tally of how ballots have been marked.