You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

20 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The fella in Twitter who got the result right in 2017, based on analysis of the polling data, has adjusted his predictions.

He has the Tories 4.45% ahead in the polls, which he says means a hung parliament.

Nice one, I'll stick 50 quid on that.

7 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Think anything around 6% or so is hung parliament territory. But we all know there's plenty of shy cunts who will tick "Tory" at the ballot box. Most voters can't remember or haven't experienced a decent Tory majority, they're about to get a taste of what it's all about in 3 days time.

Well if that happens Corbyn has to go.

I think the best guy to replace him is easily Jonathan Ashworth. Seems like a decent enough and genuine bloke too.

43 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Think anything around 6% or so is hung parliament territory. But we all know there's plenty of shy cunts who will tick "Tory" at the ballot box. Most voters can't remember or haven't experienced a decent Tory majority, they're about to get a taste of what it's all about in 3 days time.

I agree with this.

I always take my predictions from personal experiences, people I speak to etc. In 2017 things felt much better to me than the polls were suggesting and that was proven to be accurate. I also felt Leave would win.

My anecdotal experience this time tells me the Tories will get a majority.

This won't get the coverage that yesterday's "punch" got. 

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson due to appear at Bolton Market. It's in a marginal seat. Labour had canvassers out and about. They heard about Johnson's visit and went to attend as there was a rumour that the market hall had been filled with Tory stooges and voters. They try to enter the market, a public place, and are prevented from doing so by a gang of bootlickers blocking the door, who then proceed to physically assault the Labour canvassers. 

WTO appeals panel effectively neutered, as of today.

So if Johnson decides to take you out without a deal, there is not even the underlying framework of the WTO.

Or at least the power of the WTO to enforce binding decisions is gone.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-seals-demise-wto-s-appeals-bench-1.5389276

30 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This won't get the coverage that yesterday's "punch" got. 

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson due to appear at Bolton Market. It's in a marginal seat. Labour had canvassers out and about. They heard about Johnson's visit and went to attend as there was a rumour that the market hall had been filled with Tory stooges and voters. They try to enter the market, a public place, and are prevented from doing so by a gang of bootlickers blocking the door, who then proceed to physically assault the Labour canvassers. 

Has that been tweeted to Laura Kuenssberg ? Would have thought she'd have been all over that given the way she leapt into action yesterday.

I've just had a quick look at Labours manifesto detailing all the expenditure thats going to be made and then the funding page to see how it will be covered. 

As far as I can see its all being paid by -

We will pay for this by creating a fairer taxation system, asking for a little more from those with the broadest shoulders, and making sure that everyone pays what they owe. We will reverse some of the Tories’ cuts to corporation tax while keeping rates lower than in 2010. We’ll ask those who earn more than £80,000 a year to pay a little more income tax, while freezing National Insurance and income tax rates for everyone else.

I guess there will be loads of borrowing but the phrase "create a fairer tax system" could cover a multitude of things. It doesnt exactly help the cause, unless I'm missing something?

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

I agree with this.

I always take my predictions from personal experiences, people I speak to etc. In 2017 things felt much better to me than the polls were suggesting and that was proven to be accurate. I also felt Leave would win.

My anecdotal experience this time tells me the Tories will get a majority.

People I know who were anti Tory are voting for Tory this time. I've been shocked by how many. I know it's an insignificant number in the grand scheme of things but makes me want to puke anyway. Turkeys Christmas and all that bollocks.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, skend04 said:

That works both ways mate. Plenty of people will vote for other parties instead of the one they claim to be supporting in front of family and mates.