You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So when the Tories win the election and don't turn us into a dictatorship by repealing a law that has only existed since 2011, will you admit you were wrong?

I don't think anyone's particularly bothered about the fixed terms act, it's a stupid law that was brought in to try and protect that Godforsaken coalition. It's been got round twice by the Tories wanting an election anyway. Amending laws to prevent courts from stopping the government doing what the fuck it wants is deeply worrying though.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I didn’t mind it, but I’m pretty sure you called me a “weasel” unprovoked the other day? Hmmmm…

Definitely not, I accused you of using weasel words.

Please let this not lead to another long-running saga of applied literalism.

13 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

38D35FE9-9402-4B9E-88C8-A92471725DE3.jpeg

Strange thing about this is that I’m not somebody who is particularly ‘Green’. I’m not that environmentally aware or friendly, I’m not beating down anyone’s door over climate change, animal welfare isn’t something I’ve really stuck up for - all to my shame - so in almost every poll I’m strongly Green. I wish they were a viable option. They’ve got some quality policies. 

40 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Seems I should vote labour. I am a little surprised I didn't get more green or lib dem. 

Screenshot_20191206-171410.jpg

There's not much to choose between a lot of the policies, in fairness. You'll often find there's two or three which are quite palatable, and picking a favourite is a bit eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

And of course, you're only judging a policy on how superficially attractive it is - there's nothing about how viable it is, or whether it's been fully costed, or whether the party in question can be trusted to follow through with it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

There's not much to choose between a lot of the policies, in fairness. You'll often find there's two or three which are quite palatable, and picking a favourite is a bit eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

And of course, you're only judging a policy on how superficially attractive it is - there's nothing about how viable it is, or whether it's been fully costed, or whether the party in question can be trusted to follow through with it.

I found that I binned the Tory and Brexit Party policies and was left with the other three parties for almost every section.

Think I ended up with four for Green, three for Labour, and two for Lib Dem (only chose nine subjects/sectors).

Agree with your second paragraph as well. The Greens have the advantage of knowing they'll get one seat whatever happens. They can therefore put forward stuff that Labour, and possibly the Lib Dems, would want to but know it currently isn't politically viable.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

And of course how truthful it is. So on NHS I saw 40 new hospitals or whatever it is and if I didn't know that was a lie, I might have been drawn by that. And I knew on another I was choosing labour and didn't like a key part, but then I studied the alternatives and realising it fitted me most despite that one thing.