You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Whether you read them or not is not the issue. It doesn't mean that anything that they, or any other source, says, can be dismissed out of hand merely because it comes from them.

If a statement or opinion has validity, then it is immaterial whether the person saying it is chief economist at EvilCorp or Head Fluffer for Vivid Entertainment.

It does I think. Wikipedia have practically banned users from using the Daily Mail as a source.

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

It does I think. Wikipedia have practically banned users from using the Daily Mail as a source.

And of course, plenty of places ban the use of Wikipedia as a source. But the point is, none of this means that everything the Daily Mail or Wikipedia says is automatically untrue or dodgy.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

And of course, plenty of places ban the use of Wikipedia as a source. But the point is, none of this means that everything the Daily Mail or Wikipedia says is automatically untrue or dodgy.

Of course but I don’t think it’s ‘mad’ for me to wait for a more impartial source than a Tory volunteer.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

More lies and snideness Daniel-son..... I thought you were really trying to cut that nonsense out. 

I can honestly say that I haven't encountered any (real) person who has told me that a Lib Dem PR rep allegedly faking the timestamp on an email is going to be a factor in how they vote. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, it means trusting it without doing your own research and verification is less likely to result in credible information. Let's not mistake the veracity of a claim not being dependant on the source with all sources being equally likely to offer credible information. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, it means trusting it without doing your own research and verification is less likely to result in credible information. Let's not mistake the veracity of a claim not being dependant on the source with all sources being equally likely to offer credible information. 

I'm pretty sure none of this is at odds with what I've been saying. The issue I have is dismissing claims solely based on the source, and not even bothering with the research bit in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I can honestly say that I haven't encountered any (real) person who has told me that a Lib Dem PR rep allegedly faking the timestamp on an email is going to be a factor in how they vote. 

Sub-human, lying cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm pretty sure none of this is at odds with what I've been saying. The issue I have is dismissing claims solely based on the source, and not even bothering with the research bit in the first place.

I don't think he was dismissing them as false, just saying he didn't want to read anything by that source. Same as I would with Daily Mail, Sun, Star, etc. 

Either way, the figures are dodgy. 

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You've dismissed purely because RT has been linked in the past, sure of it. I agree with what you're saying to an extent, you've not always done the same though. Or maybe RT is a special case because it's "Russian propaganda." And we can't have those commies altering our thoughts because it's state backed, unlike the BBC which is also state backed but fine.

Guest Pistonbroke
6 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

How many of the the spongers actually was arch it themselves? Bet yer auld Betty swerves the fucking thing.

It was down by a million viewers last year to about 6,1 million, despite being broadcast on the two most popular free to air channels. Plus how many just left their TV on whilst they went to make a cup of tea or have a dump.