You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

His quote about the Quran is astonishing, imagine if Corbyn had said the same and the Torah. 

In 2005, Johnson wrote in the Spectator that he believed it was only "natural" for the public to be scared of Islam.

"To any non-Muslim reader of the Koran, Islamophobia — fear of Islam — seems a natural reaction, and, indeed, exactly what that text is intended to provoke," he wrote.

"Judged purely on its scripture — to say nothing of what is preached in the mosques — it is the most viciously sectarian of all religions in its heartlessness towards unbelievers."

In the wake of the London bombings, he also questioned the loyalty of British Muslims and insisted that the country must accept that "Islam is the problem."

"It will take a huge effort of courage and skill to win round the many thousands of British Muslims who are in a similar state of alienation, and to make them see that their faith must be compatible with British values and with loyalty to Britain," he wrote.

"That means disposing of the first taboo, and accepting that the problem is Islam. Islam is the problem."

He added: "What is going on in these mosques and madrasas? When is someone going to get 18th century on Islam's medieval ass?"

No doubt no other media outlet will use this quote and constantly repeat it when he goes on about anyway saying anything Islamophobic will be thrown out of the party. 

Also the irony of deflecting by saying something like "you can drag up quotes from people made years ago and nobody is interested in that"

A snippet from the article. 

Google would not disclose the content of the Tory adverts that were pulled nor the exact reasons that they were taken down. The company’s guidelines however say “we value honesty and fairness, so we don’t allow the promotion of products or services that are designed to enable dishonest behaviour”. 

None of the election’s other major parties had adverts pulled in recent months, according to the records. Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party, however, had five adverts pulled at the end of October for policy violations

56 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Johnson getting absolutely slaughtered by Marr here. 

Haven’t seen it, but presumably Marr’s remaining sliver of professional pride was pricked by the widespread anger at that aristocratic haystack of curdled spunk getting him instead of Neil as an inquisitor.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Good on Marr. Still think Neill should have turned up so that they could spit roast him.

And I’ll just leave you with that image while I go and get a cuppa...

Trying to eat a carefully prepared brunch here . Thanks for that . You will never get a spot on Thought for the day .

I see that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has done a 16 Tweet thread about how the London Bridge attacker ended up being released. 

He doesn't mention that it's a copy and paste of the secret barrister's analysis, which he's deleted all the bits that were critical of the Tories and added bits that are critical of Labour. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I see that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has done a 16 Tweet thread about how the London Bridge attacker ended up being released. 

He doesn't mention that it's a copy and paste of the secret barrister's analysis, which he's deleted all the bits that were critical of the Tories and added bits that are critical of Labour. 

You have to laugh at the fact he's marketing his campaign as a new Government despite the Tories being in power for the last decade. The first election campaign where the ruling party are effectively campaigning against itself.

Watching him just makes me angry. People on twitter calling Marr rude for talking over Johnson. Christ the hypocrisy. 

Johnson is making up figures as well, you can just tell that instead of saying "I don't know" he just bumbles a figure then before ending the sentence goes onto something completely different. 

The one thing Johnson hasn't been properly pulled on is this blaming everything on the last labour government and he's only had 120 days to fix it. Marr started to today by telling him many times he can't discount 10 years of Tory rule, but someone needs to tell him if he's not prepared to own what successive Tory governments have done since 2010, then they won't let him mention any previous labour administration. 

On 29/11/2019 at 22:21, Captain Turdseye said:

Not long back from the Hancock hustings. Great fun. The audience was properly hostile to him which I was not expecting at all. He was jeered and laughed at pretty much every time he spoke because he was talking bollocks. He mentioned nurses and as he got to the numbers people were going “oooh” and “how many?” and a lone frail cry came from the back saying “get it right, Matt...” 

Almost every answer he gave ended with the “Get Brexit Done” shite and there was only about 10 people in the room applauding, drowned out by everyone else groaning. And this is a Leave town. 

The last question was about bringing more honesty into politics and he was last to go. He finished his answer by shouting something like “AND NOTHING ANGERS ME MORE IN THIS COUNTRY THAN THE ANTI-SEMITISM IN THE LABOUR PARTY!” knowing that it would cause a kick off. It ended up with Matty boy physically pushing away the bloke that was chairing the meeting so he could carry on shouting about Corbyn, all while people were shouting at him. Then he just sat back with a smug grin on his face as the chair was pleading for calm and people were making dramatic exits left, right and centre.

My favourite was amongst all the chaos when some fella with one of the poshest accents I’ve ever heard stood up and rather politely boomed louder than anyone in the room “YOU’RE A LIAR, MR HANCOCK!” Then he swung his Tim Sherwood style gilet over his shoulder and marched out. 

Tremendous. I’ve heard they’re meant to be doing another one in Newmarket next week. I need a ticket. 

Appears the saucepan-faced, pitiful little weasel Hancock may have misled people with regards to a coming, refined and significantly more life-changing CF drug having been included in the recent deal done for two older iterations of the same class.

In fairness, it’s only being reported in the Mail currently and with sketchy details, so I’ll not suddenly be using them as a legitimate source just because it suits my position to do so. However, when the deal was done, I read around it, and saw it stated in several places, unsourced, that a “triple therapy combination drug currently in pipeline” WAS included in the deal. That drug is called Trikafta and is one we’re all holding out for.

I was shocked and thought it game-changing if true, because part of the reason the drug company and NICE couldn’t come to a deal before on the drugs available now (Orkambi and Symkevi) is that NICE wanted all future pipeline drugs included and Vertex obviously didn’t. I know all about Trikafta and how incredibly it’s performing in clinical trials; I’ve been working to a plan for over a year to try and still be around/well enough to benefit from it in 2-4 years. Then I’m suddenly reading it will be available as soon as it gets it’s licence approved. EU license request was submitted in the past month, so theoretically I could be getting the drugs by next summer. Can’t lie; immediate semi, despite my lifelong default mentality of never consider such things will be here til they’re in your hand.

Then I started to notice clear indications in the past few weeks, and my clinical team have since confirmed this to me explicitly, that the new drug known as Trikafta is NOT included in the deal. So I’d already been thinking a lot about it when I saw this Mail story being shared online today and started getting sent it. If he has allowed people to build false hope over the timescale of availability for the newest and best to date drug (the others are largely considered life-saving while this one is considered life-changing) and I don’t mean people like me, I mean kids with CF and their parents...it won’t surprise anyone, like, but it’s another order again of their total inadequacy for the offices they hold.

And this is without the fact the new pipeline drug I’m mentioning got approved for use in the US days before the deal for the older 2 was done over here. I.e. once the pharma company involved could no longer sell the two old drugs over there because they’d been rendered obsolete by the new one. Myself and a few other lads I know were onto the timing of that deal immediately, but frankly didn’t want to be cheap enough to start pointing that out too much publicly given it was still a major positive milestone for treatment of UK patients and cause for celebration, and because the new drug doesn’t have a license here quite yet.

TLDR:

Not just an issue of morality but of basic competence. From Johnson down; Cleverly, Javid, Raab, Hancock, Patel, Truss, Barclay, Villiers, Morgan, Sunak, McVey and others. Has there ever been anything even approaching as painfully mediocre a group of people in one cabinet? Michael Gove is probably the most credible minister among them. Michael. Fucking. Gove. The UK shouldn’t just be voting them out on their appalling attitude towards people, fairness, justice, the environment etc and what they’re attempting to do. We should be voting them out on their basic incompetence for the roles they hold and their inability to even carry out what they intend to, properly.

TLDR for the TLDR:

They are the baked beans on top of a pile of dogshit.

TLDR for the TLDR TLDR:

Cunts.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is actually a pretty good strategy.

You might think so, it just stinks of desperation imo and won't fool any of those voters still making their mind up. The idiots however will vote how they decided ages ago regardless of what happens in the run up to a GE. 

Been sharing this about as well.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, a Tory voter and a person claiming benefits are sat at a table with a plate of 10 biscuits in front of them.

Johnson eats 9 of the biscuits, points at the benefits recipient and says to the Tory voter “Look out old chap, that scrounging bastard wants to steal your biscuit”.