You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

10 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

She's definitely one of the better politicians and speaks excellently with both passion and honesty. I also liked that Leanne Wood when she was the leader of Plaid, but mainly for the way she handled herself on those podiums, her and Lucas where by far the most competent speakers. 

Ever read her book "Honourable Friends"?

Excellent read about how dysfunctional and wilfully arcane the UK's parliamentary system is.

Guest Pistonbroke
54 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Ever read her book "Honourable Friends"?

Excellent read about how dysfunctional and wilfully arcane the UK's parliamentary system is.

I haven't mate. Not on Amazon Germany, I shall have to check the local book store I use in the city. 

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I expect that right up until Election Day and even then a bit of a bump. I still think it’ll be a case that the Tories will be the biggest party. I’m just hoping Labour have enough to try to get a coalition of some kind. 

Labour have got no chance of winning an election until the situation in Scotland changes.

I was only ever hoping for a confidence and supply deal. I still think the Tories will get a majority.

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Labour have got no chance of winning an election until the situation in Scotland changes.

I was only ever hoping for a confidence and supply deal. I still think the Tories will get a majority.

Will it be a big enough majority to push through their shit though? 

5 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The Scottish constituencies will be an interesting one. It was originally my expectation that the Tories would be practically wiped out by the SNP but I hear , horrifically , that they may be strengthening by using the Unionist theme as the SNP gets more hell-bent on Indyref2. 

My limited interaction with Scots suggest they tend to be sensible people so I am assuming they will see right through Johnson.

8 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Sadly true. If Scotland gain independence we’re stuck with the Tories for a long, long time. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Sadly true. If Scotland gain independence we’re stuck with the Tories for a long, long time. 

Without Scotland the Union would fall to pieces, I can't see England doing too well on their own with only the Yanks to hold onto for massive favours in return. Politics would definitely change and I doubt the Tory party in its current guise would last too long. When there is nobody left to blame even the gullible will realise they've been had. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Raab is trending on Twitter. In real danger of having his 23,000 majority wiped out by people tactically voting for the Lib Dem candidate. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/30/tactical-voting-dominic-raab-faces-portillo-moment

Today has been a good day. 

Hope Labour supporters in his constituency vote Lib Dem. Get the cunt out.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I thought you’d watched The Sopranos and knew what Stronts was referring to. 

It was a very good pun. 

Oh I know what it is, it’s why my name is always capitalised on my phone.  Just hadn’t seen the post as I’ve got Moof on ignore.  

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Johnson getting absolutely slaughtered by Marr here. 

The difference between him and Shabi Chakrabarti is amazing, she remained totally neutral on the terrorist attacks.

He is a disgrace, totally politicising the attack. 

Completely ignoring/disowning the previous 9 years they have been in power. 

His entire strategy is to talk over/ignore and slag Labour not matter the question. 

How anyone can trust/respect this man is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The difference between him and Shabi Chakrabarti is amazing, she remained totally neutral on the terrorist attacks.

He is a disgrace, totally politicising the attack. 

Completely ignoring/disowning the previous 9 years they have been in power. 

His entire strategy is to talk over/ignore and slag Labour not matter the question. 

How anyone can trust/respect this man is beyond me.

Marr just isn't having it though. He is proper laying into him. It's easy to see why the cunt won't do Andrew Neil. Shame this isn't prime time.