Quantcast
General Election 2019 - Page 122 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

General Election 2019

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

I’m glad more people are beginning to see the nakedly opportunistic nature of the antisemitism smear. It’s an absolute disgrace 

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Be interesting to see if Neil calls on Johnson to apologise for calling gay people "bum boys" and  his numerous racist remarks about Muslim's and  black people

I'm sure Laura will be tweeting this later.....Or probably not

EKXf_Q_X0AAnFNk.jpg

He managed to survey all those people pretty bloody quickly.  Although as he ‘represents’ 13% of British Jews even if he’s right it doesn’t change the claim. 

• Downvote 3

Anyone seen a single piece of media speculation yet on the timing of Corbyn only having access to this the day after voter registration closed?

Closed at midnight, he’s out at 10am for his press conference. I’d want to know who made this unredacted version available to him and when if I were a journalist.

I’m going to wildly speculate that a man for whom saving the NHS has formed most of his campaign and who has been urging people to register to vote on a daily basis, wouldn’t have sat on something which would inevitably inspire many people who hadn’t already to register to vote.

I am just a big tinfoil hat wearing naive cult member, mind.

• Upvote 1

Barry Gardiner on Politics Live (BBC).

50% about Corbyn interview last night

35% about losing tax allowance for married couples

15% about NHS, which is the reason he came on. 

The level of journalism basically

"Have the Tories signed any deals with the USA yet ?"

"They have not signed any deals because they are not allowed to sign deals until we actually leave the EU"

"So what you are saying is no deals have been signed, isn't this just scare mongering"

40 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

He managed to survey all those people pretty bloody quickly.  Although as he ‘represents’ 13% of British Jews even if he’s right it doesn’t change the claim. 

But the claims of another Rabbi seem to be accepted pretty much unreservedly.

At the very least something helpful has come from this election; the exposure of the media/journalist/pundit class as being completely and utterly unfit for purpose. Almost universally.

It’s nothing new but still quite amazing

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Just as the other fella managed to survey the people he is supposed to represent?

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Anyone seen a single piece of media speculation yet on the timing of Corbyn only having access to this the day after voter registration closed?

Closed at midnight, he’s out at 10am for his press conference. I’d want to know who made this unredacted version available to him and when if I were a journalist.

I’m going to wildly speculate that a man for whom saving the NHS has formed most of his campaign and who has been urging people to register to vote on a daily basis, wouldn’t have sat on something which would inevitably inspire many people who hadn’t already to register to vote.

I am just a big tinfoil hat wearing naive cult member, mind.

Apparently its been available on Reddit for the past month. 

I hope the nhs staff he got to hand them documents out are actually nhs staff and not actors or that is just a ridiculous mistake. 

Boris Johnson calling this NHS stuff a "clear deflection tactic" the cheeky hypocritical cheeky sexist racist albino wanky bastard. 

The BBC says he just did.

Boris Johnson has apologised for incidents of Islamophobia in the Conservative Party.

Speaking on the campaign trail in Cornwall, the PM told reporters there is a "zero tolerance approach" to Islamophobia and all other kinds of prejudice in the party, and promises to begin an independent inquiry into such incidents by December.

Asked whether he apologised for the Islamophobia that had taken place, Mr Johnson said: "Of course, and for all the hurt and offence that has been caused - of course we do.

"And all that is intolerable, and it's so important as a country that we don't allow that kind of thing and that's why we're going to have the independent inquiry."

So, if there is zero tolerance of racism in the party, presumably he is acting to expel himself immediately?

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Apparently its been available on Reddit for the past month. 

What is the source for that, I saw somewhere (the Guardian?) Conservatives are claiming you could find them on the Internet for the past two months.

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What is the source for that, I saw somewhere (the Guardian?) Conservatives are claiming you could find them on the Internet for the past two months.

Yeah this is from their press officer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just as the other fella managed to survey the people he is supposed to represent?

There’s data already out there.  

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I saw it on Twitter, but I can't access Twitter on my work PC and not allowed to check my phone at my desk...

Yes, just downloaded it myself via her account. Bizarre, how people are busy scrutinizing Twitter accounts for 10 year old improprieties but no one stumbles across this.