You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Exactly this when will the masses understand we are worse off in real terms

Debt up despite a decade of austerity, and an uncertain future with false promises of rebuilding public services, public services which they stripped to the bone. 5 further years of Tory rule post Brexit will make those ten years of Austerity look like gentle foreplay, as they fuck you in every orifice. 

19 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

No mate it won't, it's a few cunts, you can't blame every British Jew for Rabbi Mirvis being a bit of a cunt, no more than you can blame every British Muslim for Isis, or every British Catholic for the IRA. Rise above mate, we're better than the right wing wankers!

Yes, ISIS and the IRA. These seem like reasonable comparisons...

That Andrew Neil interview was all a bit silly. Absolutely nobody can come out well from an interview that is looking for a devastating 5 second soundbite, with the interviewer interrupting after every 5 seconds when he doesn't get that soundbite. The style of "interview" is dishonest. There's nothing wrong with asking difficult questions. But, constantly interrupting and not giving the interviewee a chance to answer serves nobody well. 

The antisemitism and risk to national security stuff won't be damaging. It's been done to death and people have made their minds up on those subjects ages ago. I'm glad that Corbyn didn't personally apologise, as requested, for Labour having a level of antisemitism that is equivalent to that in society. Why should he apologise when he's done nothing wrong, personally, and has overseen vast improvements to the Labour disciplinary process and adopted the IHRA definition etc? 

In my opinion, the bits that he came off worst on were the claim by Neil that certain people earning £14k will actually pay £400 more tax a year under a Labour government. Although Corbyn did dispute the figures/the accuracy of the claim. And the who would campaign for Corbyn's deal if he was being neutral question wasn't answered well either. 

But, a few decent bits for Corbyn. He didn't allow Neil to bully him. He got out the bits that he wanted to on poverty, how the current economic strategy isn't working. Plus, despite Neil blatantly lying that Corbyn hadn't answered how it would be funded, the WASPI stuff and Corbyn's insistence that it was the right thing to do after they'd been sold out by the Tories and Lib Dems could be a vote winner. 

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That's fine, Johnson's (hopeful) clusterfuck will linger more in the memory when people come to vote.

Neil will make mincemeat of Johnson but by the time the BBC editing team have finished with it he'll look like some sort of tory Martin Luther King.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yes, ISIS and the IRA. These seem like reasonable comparisons...

Hang on, who's looking for reasonable comparisons, I'm drawing comparisons reasonable or not to make a point. We can't have people giving Jews a slap just because Labour haven't won, you're stepping in to overt anti-Semitism on the streets and that's unacceptable, the same as it was 80 frigging years ago.

I apologise for not having the intelligence or eloquence to make reasonable comparisons!

23 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

No mate it won't, it's a few cunts, you can't blame every British Jew for Rabbi Mirvis being a bit of a cunt, no more than you can blame every British Muslim for Isis, or every British Catholic for the IRA. Rise above mate, we're better than the right wing wankers!

You're right. Yet the thought that somebody would condemn us to another five years of this Tory butchery through the means of lies, lies covered by the insurance of the unearned respect a leading cleric is afforded, makes it difficult to maintain a rational tone in response.

But, as I have stated, you're correct. Thanks for your reasoned view.

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Neil will make mincemeat of Johnson but by the time the BBC editing team have finished with it he'll look like some sort of tory Martin Luther King.

They will probably just show Andrew Neil asking a question then Winston Churchill answering it then apologise for "accidentally" showing some archive footage a few days later.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, torahboy said:

You're right. Yet the thought that somebody would condemn us to another five years of this Tory butchery through the means of lies, lies covered by the insurance of the unearned respect a leading cleric is afforded, makes it difficult to maintain a rational tone in response.

But, as I have stated, you're correct. Thanks for your reasoned view.

You're welcome, anger takes us to places we wouldn't normally go, I've thought the same way myself before now.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Whats that? 

Rabbi's Labour intervention is 'of a different order'

04d3cc86-574e-49b6-ac33-4ffbe07a9ce2.jpg

Laura Kuenssberg

BBC political editor

There’s genuine concern among some members of the Muslim community about elements within the Tory party.

And some of the other political parties have also had to get rid of some of the candidates they were hoping to stand in this election because of offensive remarks they’ve made in the past that have been uncovered.

But this does feel like it is of a different order.

First of all, religious leaders try extremely hard to stay beyond the political fray.

For the chief rabbi to feel that he had no choice but to intervene in such a dramatic way is something that we simply can’t find another example of in recent political history.

Second, whatever you make of the concerns that are being expressed, this is a problem that the Labour Party has been dealing with for a long time now since Jeremy Corbyn has been in charge.

Although he always says he takes this extremely seriously and he’s doing as much as he possibly can to stamp it out in the party, he just has not been able to close it down.

For many voters, that may well raise a question mark about his ability to take a firm grip of issues that are tricky and challenging.

Now, I might be being harsh, but isn't she basically saying ignore those people's concerns and focus on what the old fella has to say.

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Hang on, who's looking for reasonable comparisons, I'm drawing comparisons reasonable or not to make a point. We can't have people giving Jews a slap just because Labour haven't won, you're stepping in to overt anti-Semitism on the streets and that's unacceptable, the same as it was 80 frigging years ago.

I apologise for not having the intelligence or eloquence to make reasonable comparisons!

Fair enough, was prob a bit hasty there.

43 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Now, I might be being harsh, but isn't she basically saying ignore those people's concerns and focus on what the old fella has to say.

No, she is saying that Corbyn may not be capable of taking "a firm grip of issues that are tricky and challenging". That he will say he will, but this shows he is just talk. 

Which may be taking her outside of her political editor of the impartial public broadcaster remit.

If I was Jewish I'd be feeling fucking ashamed of my elders right now.  

People are using food banks and freezing to death on our streets and these so called men of God cunts use bogus bullshit to maintain the status quo. If Johnson gets a majority government a lot of high level Jews should have serious questions to answer.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

If I was Jewish I'd be feeling fucking ashamed of my elders right now.  

People are using food banks and freezing to death on our streets and these so called men of God cunts use bogus bullshit to maintain the status quo. If Johnson gets a majority government a lot of high level Jews should have serious questions to answer.

Like they give a fuck