You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

20 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Also, before the IFS moved the goalposts  - from income groups to "expenditure groups" - their data shows that VAT is clearly regressive.

That's because some people with low incomes are actually quite wealthy, such as quite a lot of pensioners sitting on big piles of savings.

39 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's because some people with low incomes are actually quite wealthy, such as quite a lot of pensioners sitting on big piles of savings.

A significant number?

How many people have low incomes but huge wealth?  I'd be surprised if we're talking more than tens of thousands.

How many have low incomes because they're skint? Millions.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Moo said:

I have heard of her and indeed seen her on Countdown, and as I've never found her the least bit attractive I have no qualms in expressing my absolute disdain for her now.  Even before this Corbyn business I could barely stand the sight and sound of her. 

Well I'm going off one picture and I'd think she'd get it based off that, she looks cracking to me,  I realise she's a cunt, but that doesn't make much difference to me. Maybe I'm wrong and she stinks. As for countdown, I thought that finished years ago when vorderman got famous and the fella who fronted it died/retired/both ? I'm assuming knowing her would be like knowing who does one of those antique boot sale shows on the BBC. You need a lot of daytime time on your hands and little happening in your life. Or be on twitter or one of the other noise machines. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Well I'm going off one picture and I'd think she'd get it based off that, she looks cracking to me,  I realise she's a cunt, but that doesn't make much difference to me. Maybe I'm wrong and she stinks. As for countdown, I thought that finished years ago when vorderman got famous and the fella who fronted it died/retired/both ? I'm assuming knowing her would be like knowing who does one of those antique boot sale shows on the BBC. You need a lot of daytime time on your hands and little happening in your life. Or be on twitter or one of the other noise machines. 

You have never watched Cats Does Countdown or perved into the now 10 years old thread on here dedicated to Riley?

Guest Pistonbroke

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/city-centre-bar-allows-homeless-people-to-use-their-address-so-they-can-vote-in-general-election/?fbclid=IwAR2pYT9hBY-cXznbfLZG6X_KsVuHE_6DA7smPMTfhbXFkGvHPcmX9WkM3Ps

CITY CENTRE BAR ALLOWS HOMELESS PEOPLE TO USE THEIR ADDRESS SO THEY CAN VOTE IN

GENERAL ELECTION

Homeless people in Bristol are being helped to register to vote by staff at a city centre bar.

To help rough sleepers, workers at Bristol Beer Factory bar at the Arnolfini will print off forms, send them off and let people use their address if necessary.

They will even give them a free hot drink while their register.

“Don’t lose your vote,” the team wrote on Facebook.

“If you know any homeless people that would like to vote but don’t have an address they can use ours.

“Just let them know to pop to the Arnolfini Café Bar. We’ll give them a form and a hot drink.”

EJuZkvkWoAATidF.jpg

12 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yeah he said it yesterday. What do you find so surprising btw? That neither Barry nor myself watches Countdown?

No, that in 10 years since she started appearing on TV you've never seen her or heard of her. I've never watched regular countdown either and I must have seen her hundreds of times. Now you're going to tell me you don't know who Susie Dent is?

I thought Barry said he has seen her for the first time in that t-shirt.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I’ve lived in the UK for four years and have never seen one episode of countdown. It’s entirely believable @Barry Wom. I was actually quite surprised by the shock expressed by some when I said it back then. 

Ever get the feeling you aren’t really an expert on the UK despite living here for 4 years? 

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ever get the feeling you aren’t really an expert on the UK despite living here for 4 years? 

It’s just maths tho. In four years I’ve seen 0 episode of Countdown. If you use that run-rate, and apply that to... say 40 years for simplicity sake, it’d still give you 0 (0x10=0). Fair chance Barry (and Jeremy) are busier men than me, with families etc.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

It’s just maths tho. In four years I’ve seen 0 episode of Countdown. If you use that run-rate, and apply that to... say 40 years for simplicity sake, it’d still give you 0 (0x10=0) 

If you never had the pain and enjoyment of seeing Richard Whitely wear an even shitter tie day after day then don't ever class yourself as British.