You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

2 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

People voted for the party who promised to leave the single market and the customs union said party who won the election with a huge majority provided limited costings of the future. Not sure how you can make a case for voters pursuing fiscal prudence as the conclusion of this election. 

Spending more on public services and keeping taxation low... Low being vague itself. If any Labour leader said that they would be asked to identify where the money was coming from.

When I say keeping taxation low I really mean not increasing it dramatically. The taxation increase proposed for those over £80k was good, spend that revenue on services etc. A lot of the taxation and borrowing Labour wanted to do was to fund nationalisation, something that, as I alluded to earlier, really isnt a priority for many voters. 

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I wonder if the EU will revisit their idea of offering British people the chance to individually opt-in and remain EU citizens as a proposal in Brexit negotiations. It would be one way of pissing off the Government, who would do everything in their power to stop it, but if it was part of any negotiations their hands would be tied. Imagine the amount of people who would take up this option and in doing so plan their escape to pastures new. 

If I could swap British for EU (without UK) passport I’d do it in a heartbeat.

i’ve always said we were lucky to get over here when we did at the arse end of 2007. We were lucky in that we got gazumped on a house 12 months before. The way the place has changed in the last 12 years, it frightens me how much it can change in the next 5. The far right are now far too confident.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

If I could swap British for EU (without UK) passport I’d do it in a heartbeat.

i’ve always said we were lucky to get over here when we did at the arse end of 2007. We were lucky in that we got gazumped on a house 12 months before. The way the place has changed in the last 12 years, it frightens me how much it can change in the next 5. The far right are now far too confident.

Yeah, confident because a large majority of people can't see the wood for the trees. I've never regretted deciding to settle in Germany and my visits to the Uk just got less and less over the years. My family and friends in the UK prefer to visit us, that in itself tells a story. 

14 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, confident because a large majority of people can't see the wood for the trees. I've never regretted deciding to settle in Germany and my visits to the Uk just got less and less over the years. My family and friends in the UK prefer to visit us, that in itself tells a story. 

I’ve had me father in law twice send the same fucking idiotic image of Corbyn with the caption along the lines of “they said I could be prime minister, blah grandad” On the family whatsapp channel, me missus is well pissed off, but we’re not biting. Tomorrow, I’ll post the fascist twat having a go at first and second generation British, and just leave a this is what you have enabled message.

her ma is sick, so we are planning to go home in March to see them, at this rate I’ll be staying round at me mates and avoiding them.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, arthur friedenreich said:

I’ve had me father in law twice send the same fucking idiotic image of Corbyn with the caption along the lines of “they said I could be prime minister, blah grandad” On the family whatsapp channel, me missus is well pissed off, but we’re not biting. Tomorrow, I’ll post the fascist twat having a go at first and second generation British, and just leave a this is what you have enabled message.

her ma is sick, so we are planning to go home in March to see them, at this rate I’ll be staying round at me mates and avoiding them.

Family mate. You can't choose them, mates are far better. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, SasaS said:

Is there such a thing as being an EU citizen? Where do you apply for that?

You don't have to apply, it is part of the current EU set up for members. Even after that finishes for the UK (if that is what happens) people can still emigrate to other countries within the EU if they pass the rules/regs for the country of choice. Brexit won't prevent emigration, it just makes it harder. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Family mate. You can't choose them, mates are far better. 

yeah, what he fails to realise is that he has 2 kids who are immigrants over here, who now have much less thought of ever moving back to the UK now he and his missus are getting into their mid to late 70's. We'd talked about heading to Spain for a year, but that looks to be much more difficult due to being a transplant patient and needing drugs and ongoing healthcare. me brother in law speak Germanics fluently, lived in Hamburg as student, loves Europe but appears to have very little view of returning to UK. And for what? What is the benefit, sweet FA, just the chance to sit with the other golf wankers and talk about immigrants.

This was at one of those protests last night. 

Less than 24 hours after the election and people like this already feel emboldened. What was usually only seen online now appears to be moving to the streets. Where are the anti-racists who talked about a hyped up threat to Jewish people under Corbyn? What are they doing to stamp out this kind of rhetoric, which seems to be similar to Johnson's negative comment about EU nationals treating the UK as their home, before it grows in frequency and becomes more aggressive? 

We're fucked, you know! 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Less than 24 hours after the election and people like this already feel emboldened. What was usually only seen online now appears to be moving to the streets. Where are the anti-racists who talked about a hyped up threat to Jewish people under Corbyn? What are they doing to stamp out this kind of rhetoric, which seems to be similar to Johnson's negative comment about EU nationals treating the UK as their home, before it grows in frequency and becomes more aggressive? 

We're fucked, you know! 

that's the fcuker that's getting whatsapped when her auld fella has his brekky tomorrow, fucking terrible shit

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

We're fucked, you know! 

'Five generations'? Evolution has been slow in his fucking family. I hope he's not the 'brains' of his brood. As you say, "We're fucked....."

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Is there such a thing as being an EU citizen? Where do you apply for that?

Yeah there is, you apply by getting your Irish passport through parents or grandparents. Now this shits gone through that's my plan. Was just holding on to see if Brexit was stopped. 

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

We're fucked, you know! 

You just know he's the kind of guy who bangs on about us winning the war while at the same time spouting his why should we help anyone else bullshit.

12 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

You don't have to apply, it is part of the current EU set up for members. Even after that finishes for the UK (if that is what happens) people can still emigrate to other countries within the EU if they pass the rules/regs for the country of choice. Brexit won't prevent emigration, it just makes it harder. 

10 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Ex_EU.jpg

Thanks, but I was thinking something like - can just fuck off your country and be only an EU citizen.