You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Can I ask you an honest question then Stig? How many votes/elections would it take for you accept that the people of the country actually want to leave the EU? We’ve had three now including the referendum and each time the party/side backing Brexit won. 

Unless I sat in-front of every single person who wanted to vote leave and showed them the actual reality of leaving the EU and making it clear that it isn't some sort of 'banish johnny foreigner' exercise then no amount of polls, referendums or elections will ever make me accept that outcome. Speak to 10 brexiteers and I guarantee at least 8 of them will fluff their bollocks and bring it back to ridding the country of other races. 

Show me a brexiteer and I see a katie hopkins/tommy robinson fusion of blind hate. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Unless I sat in-front of every single person who wanted to vote leave and showed them the actual reality of leaving the EU and making it clear that it isn't some sort of 'banish johnny foreigner' exercise then no amount of polls, referendums or elections will ever make me accept that outcome. Speak to 10 brexiteers and I guarantee at least 8 of them will fluff their bollocks and bring it back to ridding the country of other races. 

Show me a brexiteer and I see a katie hopkins/tommy robinson fusion of blind hate. 

That's a problem because there's 17 million of them. If you can't/won't see people who disagree with you in anything less than demonic terms its going to be hard to gain success in politics. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

That's a problem because there's 17 million of them. If you can't/won't see people who disagree with you in anything less than demonic terms its going to be hard to gain success in politics. 

Thankfully I didn't choose politics. I chose prostitution. 

Guest Pistonbroke
20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Thought it couldn't get any worse and now the Mrs has just got one of those Tesco '3-courses for a tenner' deals and I am having gammon for tea. 

I've just got back from shopping and whilst pushing the trolley around the supermarket I caught my thumb in a part of it and sprained the fucker. Hurts like fuck. Plus the missus is working until 7pm today due to a Christmas party for the kids she gives speech therapy to. So I'll have to struggle with the dog and an umbrella because it's pissing it down and the kids are going to whinge when they find out I can't be arsed cooking and they are having shitty Oetker pizza for dinner. Although to be fair, they'll probably be happy about the Pizza. Thankfully I didn't crash the car on the way back driving like a learner due to my thumb, that would have just topped off Friday the 13th. 

6 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I've just got back from shopping and whilst pushing the trolley around the supermarket I caught my thumb in a part of it and sprained the fucker. Hurts like fuck. Plus the missus is working until 7pm today due to a Christmas party for the kids she gives speech therapy to. So I'll have to struggle with the dog and an umbrella because it's pissing it down and the kids are going to whinge when they find out I can't be arsed cooking and they are having shitty Oetker pizza for dinner. Although to be fair, they'll probably be happy about the Pizza. Thankfully I didn't crash the car on the way back driving like a learner due to my thumb, that would have just topped off Friday the 13th. 

Haha had to rep for Oetker pizza.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Haha had to rep for Oetker pizza.

Hahaha, normally make our own but now I can't be arsed today. Not had a drink in quite a while so tempted to dig into my Christmas Jim Beam stash early, for medicinal purposes of course, but I have to be up early as the missus is working early tomorrow as well so tea or coffee it is. On a side note, one of the women on the check out who knows me asked why the British public are so gullible, I could only manage a wry smile. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Lib Dems must be in turmoil. If 2017 was a disaster then the outcome of this GE, which let's be honest favoured them due to their stance on remain, can only be seen as a massive failure. Forget the fact they shared more of the vote, it is seats what count and they suffered badly. Plus in the next GE they can't use Brexit as their main weapon of choice. Although they'll probably bang on about rejoining the EU to try and win over voters. Labour are in the shit with loads to sort out but the Lib Dems are in the same boat, meanwhile the Tories can power ahead with their vision of fucking up the country unless you are wealthy. 

25 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hahaha, normally make our own but now I can't be arsed today. Not had a drink in quite a while so tempted to dig into my Christmas Jim Beam stash early, for medicinal purposes of course, but I have to be up early as the missus is working early tomorrow as well so tea or coffee it is. On a side note, one of the women on the check out who knows me asked why the British public are so gullible, I could only manage a wry smile. 

Have only tried a couple of types of Oetker pizzas but really like them. Might have to finish what's left of the Baileys later too, last one I had was last night during the exit poll so could really do with drinking another soon in a less depressing situation.

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Have only tried a couple of types of Oetker pizzas but really like them. Might have to finish what's left of the Baileys later too, last one I had was last night during the exit poll so could really do with drinking another soon in a less depressing situation.

They used to do a spicy veggie Oetker pizza which was the bomb (vegetale piccante?) but I haven't seen it in years. I'm tempted to blame the Tories.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

They used to do a spicy veggie Oetker pizza which was the bomb (vegetale piccante?) but I haven't seen it in years. I'm tempted to blame the Tories.

The only ones I've had have been cheese type ones I think, thought one had garlic butter on too but it might've been a different make. Still think they taste awesome though and prefer thin crust pizzas like that way more than ones with tons of crust. Saves eating 3 tons of carbs and less dry.

Im prob going to make a rambeling post here. I dont post much but Iam alone today and just need to vent some frustration.

Always remember when I was a kid seeing my father striking in the opening credits to news at ten, shouting Maggie out. I have no idea where it was but know it was not local so he and his colleagues had to travel. A scouser and manual labourer with no real qualifications.

Guess who he always voted for... Yep the consevatives - every single time.

I educated parents about Brexit and how the EU worked with independent sources. My mum went from not knowing what she would vote for to remain, she always has political interest though and always critical thinking. He would always parrot back strong and stable or whatever over simplified bs that was put out there.

Him, he voted leave, he believed everything he heared in the pub and the msm everytime. Example he brought BNP literature in to the house. My poor mum devistated and I had to ask him how someone brought up in the aftermath of ww2 could even contenplate the far right dick heads?

He became really sick last year and recieved amazing care, all free of charge including 4 visits from carers to his home per day and up to 7+ district nurse visits per week as he neared the end of his life. He put so much strain on my 80 year old mother it was unreal, he was never a nice person to his family. To the point where neither my brothers or myself felt we could do the eulogy and they didnt want to carry the coffin. In truth I honestly didn't feel any loss and still dont nearly 6 months later, which is kind  if shocking that I am able to be so cold about it.

He wanted his funeral in a bloody conservative club, my mum fortunately decided against this without persuasion as tbh I wouldnt have gone in there.

My life has been saved numerous times by the NHS and so had his, I am prob going to be on meds for my whole life and have been told eventually its a wheel chair for me.  This is now in danger if the usa trade deal includes pharma - lets face it it will include that and agri products, as thats what a big part of Brexit is about, and the billions that will be made for the most well off.

My husband has a small buisness selling vr periferals that tops up our income, most go to the EU. So thats that now in danger.

I know people of all ages vote in all sorts of ways but I find it mind blowing so many people of that generation and similar background to his dont see whats happening. I cant get my head around it, I kind of can with younger gens due to media influence and lack of critical thinking taught in schools. History just repeats I guess, all of its happened before and all of it will again.

He only cared about himself, beat us up as kids literally and now he is again figuratively, even though he is not around. This is something that would apeal to his enormous amount of narsassism I believe.

To say I feel dejected now is an understatement.

Sorry about the rant, I dont have anywhere else right now to get this offf ny chest.

• Upvote 6

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The only ones I've had have been cheese type ones I think, thought one had garlic butter on too but it might've been a different make. Still think they taste awesome though and prefer thin crust pizzas like that way more than ones with tons of crust. Saves eating 3 tons of carbs and less dry.

They still do the veggie ones over here. The main Oetker factory and HQ are in Bielefeld where I live, being as that is where the famous Dr Oetker was born. 

6 minutes ago, i5x said:

Im prob going to make a rambeling post here. I dont post much but Iam alone today and just need to vent some frustration.

Always remember when I was a kid seeing my father striking in the opening credits to news at ten, shouting Maggie out. I have no idea where it was but know it was not local so he and his colleagues had to travel. A scouser and manual labourer with no real qualifications.

Guess who he always voted for... Yep the consevatives - every single time.

I educated parents about Brexit and how the EU worked with independent sources. My mum went from not knowing what she would vote for to remain, she always has political interest though and always critical thinking. He would always parrot back strong and stable or whatever over simplified bs that was put out there.

Him, he voted leave, he believed everything he heared in the pub and the msm everytime. Example he brought BNP literature in to the house. My poor mum devistated and I had to ask him how someone brought up in the aftermath of ww2 could even contenplate the far right dick heads?

He became really sick last year and recieved amazing care, all free of charge including 4 visits from carers to his home per day and up to 7+ district nurse visits per week as he neared the end of his life. He put so much strain on my 80 year old mother it was unreal, he was never a nice person to his family. To the point where neither my brothers or myself felt we could do the eulogy and they didnt want to carry the coffin. In truth I honestly didn't feel any loss and still dont nearly 6 months later, which is kind  if shocking that I am able to be so cold about it.

He wanted his funeral in a bloody conservative club, my mum fortunately decided against this without persuasion as tbh I wouldnt have gone in there.

My life has been saved numerous times by the NHS and so had his, I am prob going to be on meds for my whole life and have been told eventually its a wheel chair for me.  This is now in danger if the usa trade deal includes pharma - lets face it it will include that and agri products, as thats what a big part of Brexit is about, and the billions that will be made for the most well off.

My husband has a small buisness selling vr periferals that tops up our income, most go to the EU. So thats that now in danger.

I know people of all ages vote in all sorts of ways but I find it mind blowing so many people of that generation dont see whats happening. I cant get my head around it. History just repeats I guess, all of its happened before and all of it will again.

He only cared about himself, beat us up as kids literally and now he is again figuratively, even though he is not around. This is something that would apeal to his enormous amount of narsassism I believe.

To say I feel dejected now is an understatement.

Sorry about the rant, I dont have anywhere else right now to get this offf ny chest.

I had to make a joke because I felt so uncomfortable reading this post. 

Sorry about your Dad. x 

You are spot on. It goes on and on and on. I hope so much that the business makes it through. I still can't see brexit properly happening. Stay strong, have a boss christmas. 

4 minutes ago, i5x said:

Removed quote as you changed dw about it as it made me smile.

Sorry about making you or anyone else uncomfortable. It was not my intention.

Don't you dare apologise. This place is filled with great people who will do their best or at least lend an ear in need. 

Then there is Alan Sex and Lifetime Fan who I'm sure will have already PM'd you. 

6 minutes ago, i5x said:

Removed quote as you changed dw about it as it made me smile.

Sorry about making you or anyone else uncomfortable. It was not my intention.

You didn’t. One of the benefits of this place is relative anonymity for most of us, and an opportunity to share what you want in a (mostly) sympathetic environment.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

You didn’t. One of the benefits of this place is relative anonymity for most of us, and an opportunity to share what you want in a (mostly) sympathetic environment.

Have you washed them nets yet David you scruffy twat?