You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

So, big YouGov polls were correctly predicting result, some Mr Moderate guy on Twitter and Woolster were wrong, turnout was lower than in 2017, there was no young people surge, reports of many traditional working class Labour voters in the North turning to Conservatives because they want to leave the EU were not exaggerated by the media and Remain-Leave lines are more or less where they were in 2016.

• Upvote 1

I see that that cunt who thinks that people with learning disabilities should be paid less got in with a four figure majority. 

Also, there was a comment on the tele last night that showed that Labour would've lost even more seats if the Brexit party would have stood down in certain constituencies. 

An absolute cunt of a night. 

Have we started rioting yet? 

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If this is as accurate as all your other predictions, then I look forward to the Lib Dem landslide in 2024.

Well my main prediction was if Labour pivoted to a referendum they would be in big trouble and there was zero chance of a referendum. I hoped people would buy Labours offer on a referendum but they needed a lot to go right for them and you know i am opposed to a referendum and would have preferred parliament to organise a soft brexit instead. 

I will be the first to admit Labour are in big big trouble and so are the Lib Dems you might want to acknowledge being a presssure group like UKIP has not been good for the Lib Dems or the country. Anyway even worse than the state of Labour and the Lib Dems is the people who are on the end of this vile Tory government. 

All those Lib Dem wankers have been made to look like the idiots they are.

They should have it tatooed on their foreheads. 

Take a look at your leader, take a good hard look at her now, and enjoy realising how little you understand of anything. 

Labour should focus on utterly destroying the Lib Dems over the next 2 years, get that stupid idea out of people's heads completely. Only then, start to ramp up the attacks on the Tories ahead of the next GE. 

It's a beachhead pincer movement I perfected in Guatamala in 69.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Moo said:

I don't think it's about the party, it's about the people and how they've allowed themselves to be manipulated into this position.  Corbyn was not perfect, far from it, and Labour messed certain things up.  But there was nothing wrong with their policies, not everyone agreed with them no, but they were well intentioned towards the vast, vast majority of this country. 

People voted for the wrong reasons (we shouldn't shy away from saying racism, xenophobia, nationalism, and callousness are wrong) and when the shit hits the fan I hope they take a long hard look at themselves. 

Come on mate, most of them will conveniently be ignorant to the fact they voted for them. Those who will be currently comfortable in life due to their actions will be true Tories from here on in, unless of course their circumstances change for the worse. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I see Trump is straight in with his congratulations and promised a massive bumper trade deal between the US/UK post Brexit. Claiming it has the 'Potential' to be more lucrative than any deal with the EU...(hahahaha, fucking bell end) Well, he'll more than likely be gone by then, either impeached or voted out, maybe's the Republicans will fuck him off themselves, or even better he has a massive heart attack on the golf course and dies in a bunker whilst his so called golf mates laugh at him. Seriously though, I'll say it again, the next POTUS may not be so anti EU. 

Been speaking to a good mate today, who has lived in LA for 3-4 years, he reckons the cunt will get another term. Says it doesn’t affect him much as LA and Cali is pretty much out of all the shit. 

• Upvote 1

All this, 'The people are fucking morons' stuff is just embarrassing 

We lost and we lost badly... it's counter productive and stupid to blame the electorate . Labour are to blame for losing. We need to face up to this, accept it and then work out how we can do better next time.

I'm fucking gutted... thought it'd be a hung Parliament but, no, we got mullered

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, mattyq said:

All this, 'The people are fucking morons' stuff is just embarrassing 

We lost and we lost badly... it's counter productive and stupid to blame the electorate . Labour are to blame for losing. We need to face up to this, accept it and then work out how we can do better next time.

I'm fucking gutted... thought it'd be a hung Parliament but, no, we got mullered

The people are morons is out of order, but you cannot argue gay people have been deliberately misled by politicians and ill informed and ill served by the media the last 4 years.

Edited by arthur friedenreich
Morons not mornings

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Come on mate, most of them will conveniently be ignorant to the fact they voted for them. Those who will be currently comfortable in life due to their actions will be true Tories from here on in, unless of course their circumstances change for the worse. 

But must of them aren't and won't be comfortable, but you're probably right that they'll still blame immigration. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Been speaking to a good mate today, who has lived in LA for 3-4 years, he reckons the cunt will get another term. Says it doesn’t affect him much as LA and Cali is pretty much out of all the shit. 

He might not survive this one, plus regardless of the outcome it will turn a lot of people off the Republicans as details become public. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Moo said:

But must of them aren't and won't be comfortable, but you're probably right that they'll still blame immigration. 

This transition period coming up after January is going to be a shit fair. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

He might not survive this one, plus regardless of the outcome it will turn a lot of people off the Republicans as details become public. 

Just assume the worst mate. It's the hope that kills as last night proves. The world is going to hell in a handcart. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Just assume the worst mate. It's the hope that kills as last night proves. The world is going to hell in a handcart. 

Fuck it mate, at 55 I'm still not giving up hope that the more fair minded people with empathy towards the vulnerable will win through in the end. Plus if it doesn't I'll be fucking dead sooner or later. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fuck it mate, at 55 I'm still not giving up hope that the more fair minded people with empathy towards the vulnerable will win through in the end. Plus if it doesn't I'll be fucking dead sooner or later. 

I admire your resilience mate.  Right now the millions of turkeys that voted for Christmas, many of them poor, ill educated and about to be shafted on healthcare can go fuck themselves. 

Feeling more Mudface than Pb at the moment in relation to the electorate.

With reference to Pb's comments about people becoming more empathetic , I'm not sure it will happen. 

For one reason and another I ended up working in 2017 in an environment for six months where the rest of the intake were younger than my daughter. They were really good company in general but if ever the discussions went towards homelessness , immigration or social deprivation etc the general tone of the debate made my hair curl and I was actually glad when they got back to talking about Love Island. Small sample obviously , but still worrying.