You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

The big fear is that this will disillusion the young voters on the left, little chance of pushing the case for 16 year old voters. And it could kill the true side of Labour and give Blair and his cronies the result they wanted to return control of Labour to them. If it goes the same way in the US with Clinton, Biden or Warren getting the nomination you could lose any hope of real change for a long long time. 

Not even sure why I'm commenting. 

The US style health care system will be crippling for me and no fucking fault of my own. I need lifelong medication of blood pressure tablets and 2 types of insulin from issue of being sick before. That means health insurance is either unaffordable or impossible. 

Cunts

1 minute ago, Moo said:

So far the losses, or impending ones, seem to be those expected.  It's the Labour gains, or lack of, that's the killer. 

Lab will gain a few in London but not much more.

It is as simple as loads of the leave seats in the north and midlands going tory that is going to win these cunts the election.

Labour will just go into civil war now. The Blairites will be out on full force looking for a coup. I don't see Corbyn surviving. I agree with his politics but how can he lead after losing two elections. 

They need someone willing to go for the jugular at every thing the tories try

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yep. The Tories have literally copied the Trump campaign. Appoint a populist idiot and convince the idiots that he will give them what they want. Lie and Smear the opposition as much as possible. 

The only difference being Trump pretended he knew what he was doing and Johnson pretended he didn't.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Lab will gain a few in London but not much more.

It is as simple as loads of the leave seats in the north and midlands going tory that is going to win these cunts the election.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Bleak is definitely a word I think of when I think of Workington. Absolute fucking shithole.

I go and Runcorn Linnets with a few mates when the reds aren’t playing. We saw them play Workington earlier in the season and they brought about 50 fans, which is a lot when the average attendance is just over 300. They were the only set of fans there’s ever been a complaint about over racist behaviour. 

Workington man did exist then... 

I think Labour could be fucked for a long time here. 

Sadly, people don't appear to like Corbyn much. People in this election went on about Brown and Blair's Labour when giving reasons for not voting for Labour in this election. Will people in future elections stick to the parties they've switched to and use Corbyn's legacy as a reason for not going back? While it's bollocks, will the press now label every future Labour leader and party as "the far left?" They've done it with Corbyn. They did it with Miliband. Is that the new stick to beat the party with? Does the party have to go back to the centre like under Blair to stop getting a raw deal from the press? If so, what's the point really? Where's the alternative politics? The catalyst for change? 

Then factor in the attempts to brand the party as a racist party. The stigma of that may stick, irrespective of the truth or not of the accusation. Even with people who don't really give a shit about racism anyway. 

Then, there's just people in general. And social media. We're all largely guilty of it. But, people love to gloat and indulge in one-upmanship. They like to think that they've backed the winner. Will those who aren't really that invested in politics, who've shifted from other parties to Tory, really be that arsed about switching back if they've backed a winner and can get the gratification of a few likes on social media? Owning the Libs and all that? 

I'm predicting dark days ahead. The country appears to have shifted dramatically to the right since Brexit and it might take a long time to get some normality back.