You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Gutted but goes to show the media get's the Govt they want. They made sure 2017 when they went easy on Corbyn was never going to happen again .

Off topic but please Liverpool give us something for us to celebrate come May and to piss these fucking selfish knuckle draggers off  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

Enjoy tomorrow morning as you meet your fellow braindead colleagues for your burger king motorway breakfast  in your works Audi .  Lovely little sales pep talk to your minions , gloat as you tell them about how you wound a few scousers up on the internet . 

Sad pathetic man with delusions of grandeur  

Jesus. Everything about that is about as far from my job as you can get. Honestly, a million miles away. Apart from the last sentence obviously.  

shout at me when you should be shouting at momentum and JC. 

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

Gutted but goes to show the media get's the Govt they want. They made sure 2017 when they went easy on Corbyn was never going to happen again .

Off topic but please Liverpool give us something for us to celebrate come May and to piss these fucking selfish knuckle draggers off  

The cunts learn from their mistakes. Didn't take him seriously in 2017, all out attack this time.

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Don't really have the words for this. I'm generally pessimistic but even I didn't expect this.

It’s fucking tragic mate. Absolutely tragic. I’m so dejected. As you know, I’ve been critical of Corbyn. The Labour Party just don’t look like they are anywhere near to being able to win an election. I’m not a Labour member, I’m an anti Tory. But this will make it 15 years. The left need to learn how to win. 

I think you can blame many things for Labour's disaster tonight. 

The fact it was a Brexit election. Corbyn. I think he's sound. Sadly, it's clear now that others don't hold that view. Be that based on their own genuine fears and dislikes, or because of the smears and untruths which have created a false impression of him. 

Tonight doesn't seem the time for an autopsy. But, I'm a remain voter and might not see what others do, but what is your average person, a worker, not a business owner, going to get from Brexit? It seems like they've not actually voted for anything tangible, other than the ability to say "we've left the EU!" 

What else is there for them to gain? I don't get it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The fact it was a Brexit election. Corbyn. I think he's sound. Sadly, it's clear now that others don't hold that view. Be that based on their own genuine fears and dislikes, or because of the smears and untruths which have created a false impression of him. 

Tonight doesn't seem the time for an autopsy. But, I'm a remain voter and might not see what others do, but what is your average person, a worker, not a business owner, going to get from Brexit? It seems like they've not actually voted for anything tangible, other than the ability to say "we've left the EU!" 

Racism plays a big part. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Do these results suggest that people who voted remain have now voted Tory in this election?

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The make Britain Great again bullshit what they believe. 

20 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

One of the most striking features of political life here for me (having lived in the southwest for the past couple of years): The number of actual right-wingers who present themselves as or even imagine themselves to be enlightened liberals. Folk who talk a good, progressive game, but exhibit incredibly narrow, dogmatic, superior, ultimately xenophobic attitudes, especially to foreigners such as myself and my family.

Nothing about tonight surprises me.

Seriously man, you and your family should get off this sinking ship. Joke of a country. We lose good people like you, but you have a chance of a better life.

It used to be a running joke in the 80s about an independent Merseyside. I would vote for it in the morning and that's no joke. 

Think of all the opposition fans with their Victorian attitudes towards Liverpudlians passed down from generation to generation because we were the original immigrant town. Fucking dickheads.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DimReaper said:

Do these results suggest that people who voted remain have now voted Tory in this election?

Tory vote share is predicted at 46% I think? I'd guess that'll be from picking up the overwhelming majority of the Leave vote, especially if they do as well as predicted in Leave-voting northern towns.