You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well, Labour are going to finish third in Chelsea and Fulham in 2019, so, you know.

Yeah thanks to some OFFICIAL bullshit campaigning if so! Holy shit some Lib Dems have gone full crazy this election. Jo Swindle influence must be strong inside the party.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

With Lib-Dem lies and under-hand tactics like that who would be surprised eh?

Is Wirral West your constituency SD? 

I'm in Wallasey.

If you want to know what real shithouse tactics is, it's putting a leaflet out on the morning of the election saying LIB DEM CANDIDATE RESIGNS, and it turns out it's a candidate at the other end of the country. That's the leaflet Labour put out against my dad one time.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No I wouldn't, this is absolutely standard stuff from any party. If your opponents are diverting activists away from a seat because they have given up on it, then you put a leaflet out about it. That way you get the anti-Tory vote to coalesce around the candidate who has the best chance of beating them.

It's BS.

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm in Wallasey.

If you want to know what real shithouse tactics is, it's putting a leaflet out on the morning of the election saying LIB DEM CANDIDATE RESIGNS, and it turns out it's a candidate at the other end of the country. That's the leaflet Labour put out against my dad one time.

That is shithouse tactics agreed if true. Doesn't make what's going on here any better though.

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm in Wallasey.

Ok so based on what you have said about voting for the party with the best chance of beating the Tories I assume we can count on your Labour vote today. Cheers SD. You aren't all that bad. 

Oh really? Do you have any evidence of this? Who was at the other end of the country? Your dad or the leaflet? Your Dad was a Tory MP? I'm confused here. I am not calling you a liar. Just needs a bit more explaining. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Diane Abbott sporting odd shoes and it looks like the left one os on the wrong foot as well. Seriously what in the fuck. Stupid cow giving them more ammunition. Should have been fucked off ages ago. 

ELk-5JHXYAEWhDZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Bahahahaha

She is clearly not well mentally, bless her. She needs to be put out to pasture.

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Diane Abbott sporting odd shoes and it looks like the left one os on the wrong foot as well. Seriously what in the fuck. Stupid cow giving them more ammunition. Should have been fucked off ages ago. 

If the shoe was on the other foot, though...

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Bahahahaha

She is clearly not well mentally, bless her. She needs to be put out to pasture.

Its actually properly pissed me off. Clearly not arsed and giving it no extra care and thought. Complacent, negligent and fucking stupid. 

I have never bothered voting before because I live in a very safe Labour seat, so feel my vote simply doesnt count.

However, I sent my postal vote for the 1st time and so did my partner, who also vote for the first time. Even though its remain area in Merseyside given the volatile nature of politics atm we couldnt risk not voting

I am so stressed out about what will happen to me under a conservative government, due to various health problems I have and the meds I have to take. We also have a small buisness making VR perfierals, a high proportion of which go to the EU. Nothing good is on the horizon for us if Johnson and the Gamon brigade are elected, infact it is quite terrifying.

Also, I took the opportunity to write Johnson is a lying cunt under the conservative candidate name.

Edit: vote wasnot spoiled as it was 100% ear who the vote was for. I checked rules before hand.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, i5x said:

I have never bothered voting before because I like in a very safe Labour seat so feel my vote simply doesnt count.

However, I sent my postal vote for the 1st time and so did my partner, who also vote for the first time. Even though its remain area in Merseyside given the volatile nature of politics atm we couldnt risk not voting

I am so stressed out about what will happen to me under a conservative government due to various health problems I have and the meds I have to take. We also have a small buisness making VR perfierals, a high proportion of which go to the EU. Nothing good is on the horizon for us if Johnson and the Gamon brigade are elected, infact it is quite terrifying.

Also, I took the opportunity to write Johnson is a lying cunt under the conservative candidate name.

Fingers firmly crossed for you fella. 

2 minutes ago, i5x said:

I have never bothered voting before because I like in a very safe Labour seat so feel my vote simply doesnt count.

I am so stressed out about what will happen to me under a conservative government due to various health problems I have and the meds I have to take. We also have a small buisness making VR perfierals, a high proportion of which go to the EU. Nothing good is on the horizon for us if Johnson and the Gamon brigade are elected, infact it is quite terrifying.

Think you wasted your vote.

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok so based on what you have said about voting for the party with the best chance of beating the Tories I assume we can count on your Labour vote today. Cheers SD. You aren't all that bad. 

Oh really? Do you have any evidence of this? Who was at the other end of the country? Your dad or the leaflet? Your Dad was a Tory MP? I'm confused here. I am not calling you a liar. Just needs a bit more explaining. 

My constituency is solid Labour, so I can vote with my conscience rather than a peg on my nose, cheers.

As if I would say something like that if it wasn't true? We should still have a copy of the leaflet at my mum and dad's. No, my dad was a Lib Dem councillor. (Tory MP, in Liverpool? Really?)

18 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Think you wasted your vote.

Nope checked rules before I it, was 100% clear who I was voting for and had nothing to identify me. Those were only rules I could find.

One recent election I remember someone wrote "wank" in every box and "not wank" next to the Green Party. This was taken as a clear preferance for tge greens and vote was given to them.

Edit: was on Guardian Live page at time, so here is the reddit where they were discussing it. Link to original source in thread too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

My constituency is solid Labour, so I can vote with my conscience rather than a peg on my nose, cheers.

As if I would say something like that if it wasn't true? We should still have a copy of the leaflet at my mum and dad's. No, my dad was a Lib Dem councillor. (Tory MP, in Liverpool? Really?)

So you are still voting Labour then if you have a conscience. Good on you sport. 

Did I say it wasn't true? His name was Eddie wasn't it? 

8 minutes ago, i5x said:

Nope checked rules before I it, was 100% clear who I was voting for and had nothing to identify me. Those were only rules I could find.

One recent election I remember someone wrote "wank" in every box and "not wank" next to the Green Party. This was taken as a clear prederance for tge greens and vote was given to them.

Hahahahahaha 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

So you are still voting Labour then if you have a conscience. Good on you sport. 

Did I say it wasn't true? His name was Eddie wasn't it? 

Haha. No. But if Labour don't win in Wallasey, I'll get a life-size tattoo of NV's face on my face.

Eddie is my uncle.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Haha. No. But if Labour don't win in Wallasey, I'll get a life-size tattoo of NV's face on my face.

Eddie is my uncle.

Haha oh god no please don't. One of his boat cutting about is too much as it is. 

Aah my mistake. Sorry. 

41 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

There's nothing odd about that. She's got an identical pair of those shoes at home. 

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Hearing lots of stories of polling stations in Tory seats insisting on ID being shown to vote. Please spread the word to ALL voters they do NOT need to show ID and should insist on voting without it. It is their right to vote. You do NOT need ID!

#GE2019 #VoteLabour

Christ that would not surprise me at all. The depths these scum will go to. 

I've just voted in west derby village there. No queue, 4 little happy old women at the desks. Pleasant experience I felt like I'd just been in an episode of Darling Buds of May. Resisted the temptation to write "sniffs badgers arses" under Johnson's name on the ballot paper. I'm soaked wet through now though.