You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

10 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Got this reply from the Beeb in response to my complaint. I've replied asking them for an explanation about LKs comments on the postal votes.

Dear  Mr Do'ins

Thank you for contacting us.

As the BBC’s Political Editor, a significant part of Laura Kuenssberg’s role is to keep our audience up to date with political events and stories as they happen. A key tool for doing this is social media, which allows her to report on breaking stories quickly. As is common journalistic practice, Laura often gains information from off the record sources, as was the case in this instance.

Once the video footage of this incident was available, Laura shared it on her Twitter so that people could see for themselves what had actually happened. She also reflected the Labour Party’s response to this story. Once it became apparent that the information she had been briefed was inaccurate, Laura deleted the initial tweet, clarified what had happened and apologised, as you can see below:
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1204110491242643457

Thank you again for contacting us.

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

I had, word for word, the same response.

The BBC is now akin to something straight out a George Orwell novel, were you expecting bespoke responses?

The only hope for the organisation is to get Labour or some sort of coalition in power on Friday & they can rip the tory cancer out of it with a fucking chainsaw.

Failing that I think we should start a massive online campaign to boycott the licence fee starting on Monday.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

The BBC is now akin to something straight out a George Orwell novel, were you expecting bespoke responses?

The only hope for the organisation is to get Labour or some sort of coalition in power on Friday & they can rip the tory cancer out of it with a fucking chainsaw.

Failing that I think we should start a massive online campaign to boycott the licence fee starting on Monday.

This. A thousand fucking times this.

I wasn't expecting a bespoke response. TBH, I'm surprised the didn't send me a photo of Kuenssberg rimming Johnson.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Ah, this is such a heartfelt thank you from Rosie Duffield to the local activists who've campaigned for her in the wind, rain and cold...

I believe she was once lauded by the non-Labour voters on here as one of the good uns?...

Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Thats my point, it never was or has been close! 

Despite what your propaganda claimed...

E52377B7-A741-4A20-9BF3-F5916E88ACFE.jpeg

Great, except for the fact I just gave an MRP which showed that in October it was close. 

Do you expect parties to ignore the best available data or something?

You wot mate? 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/brexit-party-candidates-have-been-hounded-says-nigel-farage

Nigel Farage has claimed that Brexit partycandidates have been “hounded and bombarded in the most extraordinary way”, complaining that “the tone of politics has deteriorated hugely” over the course of the election campaign.