You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Kuntssberg wasn't happy about what happened yesterday. Miserable Tory. It was the best day of the election so far. She at least had a little honesty about her fave party though I suppose.

In conjunction with the licence fee in danger of being scrapped. Have the BBC changed tact all of a sudden and told her to get in line? 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

In conjunction with the licence fee in danger of being scrapped. Have the BBC changed tact all of a sudden and told her to get in line? 

She might've been in shock a bit, she had a really rough time on twitter once she retracted the punch lie and loads called her out on it (including quite a few journos I think.) I guess she was upset worrying about the Tories too though.

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Perhaps the BBC backing the establishment wasn't such a smart move after all? Shitting themselves at the idea of having to battle for subscription fees alongside Amazon and Netflix?

Guest Pistonbroke

All good points lads. I get the feeling that the BBC are indeed flapping, plus the final two days of an election is what can change things big time, let's see what kind of stance they take with their reporting over this period. 

I liked the fact that yesterday wasn't just the phone thing and they had several other issues too, like Johnson getting stick for going on about EU migrants, Patel and her figures that the guy on LBC said were made up and "project fear" early in the day. Then the fake punch thing that got Kuntssberg and Peston caught up in it, and right at the end Corbyn called out the media with the image of the tweets from several journos.

It was like all the boring crap, lies and media propaganda against Labour over the course of the election campaign was balanced out with a total shitstorm for the Tories in the space of less than 24 hours. And on top of that we got a poll result showing a 6% difference too, haha. Served all the bastards right for what they've done over the course of this, probably the most propaganised election we've ever seen and finally it started falling apart.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I liked the fact that yesterday wasn't just the phone thing and they had several other issues too, like Johnson getting stick for going on about EU migrants, Patel and her figures that the guy on LBC said were made up and "project fear" early in the day. Then the fake punch thing that got Kuntssberg and Peston caught up in it, and right at the end Corbyn called out the media with the image of the tweets from several journos.

It was like all the boring crap, lies and media propaganda against Labour over the course of the election campaign was balanced out with a total shitstorm for the Tories in the space of less than 24 hours. And on top of that we got a poll result showing a 6% difference too, haha. Served all the bastards right for what they've done over the course of this, probably the most propaganised election we've ever seen and finally it started falling apart.

I've read loads this morning from people flapping about having a hung Parliament again without a working majority for the Tories. 

27 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

With two days to go until the election,  the BBC damage is done. Any change of tact now is to little to late. 

Watching Politics Live yesterday and Jo Coburn was actually giving the Tory a touch time, questioning his figures on the NHS. 

The cynic in me immediately thought the same, the damage has already been done, but they can show this interview as a "how can you say we are bias, look at this" defence.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'll do it, again. It's quite cathartic.

It is isn't it. I've always been sceptical of a deliberate bias in media coverage attempting to influence election outcomes (newspapers excepted). Clearly I was wrong. The BBC has been as obvious as it has been breathtaking.

11 minutes ago, clangers said:

It is isn't it. I've always been sceptical of a deliberate bias in media coverage attempting to influence election outcomes (newspapers excepted). Clearly I was wrong. The BBC has been as obvious as it has been breathtaking.

They've gone through the gears for this campaign. They've basically mirrored everything detestable about the Tory party.

Shameless lying cunts.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

They've gone through the gears for this campaign. They've basically mirrored everything detestable about the Tory party.

Shameless lying cunts.

Which leaves me asking why. Why have they felt the need to go turbo? I can only presume they have genuine concerns about the outcome of the election. If the media can be bought, then I'm sure the polls can.