You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

Well that poll has sucked any hope out of me. Praying for the fella on Twitter to be right but the equivalent Survation poll in 2017 had the gap at 1%.

Thursday is going to be heartbreaking isn’t it?

Had lost hope too but have got some back now that we can at least get a hung parliament. The lack of variation from polls doesn't have to mean that they've all found the right area, it could be that they're all converging in the wrong place instead. And maybe Survation got lucky last time and this election it'll be someone else that's a lot closer due to having better methods.

At least we're almost there anyway, a few more antisemitism smears and maybe some more ravings about where the NHS/Brexit leaks came from so they can rant about Russia for the 10,000th time and we can finally wait for the exit polls.

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

Well that poll has sucked any hope out of me. Praying for the fella on Twitter to be right but the equivalent Survation poll in 2017 had the gap at 1%.

Thursday is going to be heartbreaking isn’t it?

I think so, yes. Not as bad as 1992 or 2015 as we're expecting it to be shite, but pretty crushing all the same. It's not just the poll leads- even when polls are wrong, enough of them generally capture the movement in voter intention, but they've largely been either stagnant or showing an increased Tory lead rather than the momentum we saw in 2017.

8 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Gutted truly gutted ….A guy who speaks so eloquently on the issue of racism can stand there and help get elected an actual racist and after Windrush and who's party has a hatred for the city which you claim to love and especially after what he helped write with Simon Heffer about Hillsborough ...

I know who you vote for is a personal choice and I kind of knew John is a Tory like a fair few ex-reds (Smith, Hughes) but at least keep it to yourself you thick cunt.

Comes to something when Gary Neville has gone up in my estimation while John has hit rock bottom

ELSOGzBWsAAK4IE.jpg

Get how you feel and as you say everyone has personal choice 

Away from the football we are looking at a man who has consistently been pilloried by blacks and whites on his views on racism in football. Basically his view is fix societies racist  tendancies or you will never eradicate racism in sport (simplistic view from me) . He has taken a lot of flak from all sides wanting football to be blamed for the rise of/continuing racism he having none of it. 

So he bucking the trend with racism narrative and I tend to agree with him. For example he believes taking a team of the pitch is giving in to the racists and should not be considered an option. 

So he is a thinker and "sees" issues differently we need to respect that. I would be disappointed if this forum and fans start expressing opinions on him based on how he votes. Time and again he has proven himself to Liverpool and LFC . 

10 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Get how you feel and as you say everyone has personal choice 

Away from the football we are looking at a man who has consistently been pilloried by blacks and whites on his views on racism in football. Basically his view is fix societies racist  tendancies or you will never eradicate racism in sport (simplistic view from me) . He has taken a lot of flak from all sides wanting football to be blamed for the rise of/continuing racism he having none of it. 

So he bucking the trend with racism narrative and I tend to agree with him. For example he believes taking a team of the pitch is giving in to the racists and should not be considered an option. 

So he is a thinker and "sees" issues differently we need to respect that. I would be disappointed if this forum and fans start expressing opinions on him based on how he votes. Time and again he has proven himself to Liverpool and LFC . 

But how can he talk about resolving racism in society while, allegedly, supporting a man who encourages racism in society?  There's going against the grain, and then there's total hypocrisy. 

I say allegedly by the way as a photo is not evidence he supports Johnson or the Tories and I'm hoping he's just there to support grassroots f**tb*ll. 

16 minutes ago, Moo said:

But how can he talk about resolving racism in society while, allegedly, supporting a man who encourages racism in society?  There's going against the grain, and then there's total hypocrisy. 

I say allegedly by the way as a photo is not evidence he supports Johnson or the Tories and I'm hoping he's just there to support grassroots f**tb*ll. 

Look I am with you in all you are saying. Again we need to know context of picture bit what I am saying is that regardless John has a track record of having and arguing for want of a better word controversial or against flavour of the month views. Perhaps he is a Tory perhaps not I am not interested in his political leaning I know how he represented the club and community. 

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Gutted truly gutted ….A guy who speaks so eloquently on the issue of racism can stand there and help get elected an actual racist and after Windrush and who's party has a hatred for the city which you claim to love and especially after what he helped write with Simon Heffer about Hillsborough ...

I know who you vote for is a personal choice and I kind of knew John is a Tory like a fair few ex-reds (Smith, Hughes) but at least keep it to yourself you thick cunt.

Comes to something when Gary Neville has gone up in my estimation while John has hit rock bottom

ELSOGzBWsAAK4IE.jpg

Surely John Barnes is not a Tory voter, right? There has to be a rational explanation for that picture 

9 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Why has Southport always been anti Labour?

If you mention Labour to a lot of older Southport people they say Derek Hatton, Militant and benefit cheats. Then the Lib Dems for sometime had a strong presence locally. There is also a bit of the Hycienth bucket about some of the people. To sum up some of their mentality my dads neighbour says we need a referendum to get Southport out of Sefton. Definitely changing though due to demographics and the cuts to local authority budgets. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, moof said:

No, apparently it was at a Tory campaign event. That’s really shite

Really really shite. Especially when he must know what these twats have done in terms of council funding cuts to this city...

And when Johnson does frightening rallying cries like this to the knuckle draggers and how they lap it up

Peter Kellner Former President of Yougov has just said that his current prediction going into the last week of the campaign is a Conservative majority of 40, but to bare in mind that going into the last week of the campaign of 2017 he predicted a Conservative majority of 40. 

This is a depressing take from Sky News' Lewis Goodall (the bit in bold is definitely true as I've heard similar stuff from various people).

General election: Corbyn's greatest failure is not providing a left-wing alternative to Brexit

Jeremy Corbyn has no convincing Labour version of diagnosing the malaise Brexit has wrought in its stead, Lewis Goodall writes.

11 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This is a depressing take from Sky News' Lewis Goodall (the bit in bold is definitely true as I've heard similar stuff from various people).

General election: Corbyn's greatest failure is not providing a left-wing alternative to Brexit

Jeremy Corbyn has no convincing Labour version of diagnosing the malaise Brexit has wrought in its stead, Lewis Goodall writes.

It’s pretty much what I’ve been saying all along. Labour should’ve backed Brexit here, with the promise of 2nd referendum to attract the remainers.

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

John Barnes is cancelled?  Interesting turn of events. Goes to show how fucking mental it is.  

Nope, he's joined them as an agent of the left to boost their election chances. Then once they drag us out of the EU he can support Labour and talk about the complete fucking mess the Tories have made of everything. Then when loads of the left call him a hypocrite for being with Boris he can just say : "Was only having a game of footie." It's 5-d chess.

• Upvote 1