You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

The City fan who did the monkey gestures...his name has been splashed all over twitter along with his FB page. 

I don't agree with this type of vigilante-ism. I did have a quick nose on his FB ...first thing to see "Squaddies against Corbyn".

There's a sort of logical continuity to all this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

The City fan who did the monkey gestures...his name has been splashed all over twitter along with his FB page. 

I don't agree with this type of vigilante-ism. I did have a quick nose on his FB ...first thing to see "Squaddies against Corbyn".

Lets see if the media pick up on that.

If he was pro-corbyn tomorrows Mail headline would be "Corbyn in racist scandal at Manchester Derby" 

3 hours ago, Jennings said:

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Watching Marr... people seem to be confused as to why Labour is going to lose the ‘Red Wall’ seats. It’s not too confusing... it’s Brexit.

They desperately want it to be something else so they can anoint a centrist-Blairite as the next leader. They need someone to take the reigns when people wake up to how shit the Tories are, but the idea of meaningful, ideological change that doesn’t disproportionately benefit the wealthy and their business interests is anathema to these people. Look, Blair did help, I don’t subscribe to the idea that nothing got better for those of us on low-incomes because it did, but he also carried on with Thatcherite privatisations and much of the positive change was, ultimately, ephemeral. Not much really sought to redress the balance in a way that could last.

I'm not exactly the biggest Corbynite and think his lengthy record of service makes him an even easier target than usual for a media establishment that lives for smearing even the most milquetoast of Labour leaders as radical Marxists, but make no mistake that it’s piled on to an almost comic effect with him because the status-quo is threatened. 

I thought McDonnell did a decent job on Marr this morning. What is infuriating though is that Tory twat, he was pulled on everything and was allowed a reply of "I don't agree" when Marr called him for being a lying cunt on a range of things. It's quite incredible the complete trumpisms that surround the Tories and how they get away with it even more than trump does in America. It's like this shite from Johnson being able to perpetuate this "great" deal shit. When 1 it's not a deal. And 2 aside from chucking Northern Ireland under a bus it's worse than the one he wouldn't vote for. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Watching Marr... people seem to be confused as to why Labour is going to lose the ‘Red Wall’ seats. It’s not too confusing... it’s Brexit.

Also some speculative maths this morning on bbc but it seems logical based purely on the number of “viable options” for each scenario

conservatives currently have 70% of Brexit supporters on side little competition

labour have 50 % of remainders on side due to more choice of candidates for this option 

even if we say the referendum was 50/50 that’s a serious advantage.

really hammers home the need for tactical voting and not wasting your vote. As little as 40000 votes could make a big difference IF cast for the correct candidate.  Big blitz from Major , Blair , Heseltine on this yesterday however not sure if there is voter clarity about what they should do at constituent level. This is not all about not voting conservative. 

Need to accept a Tory win all about making that majority minimal now. Public need clarity and definitive direction next week. With the weather so bad think social media platforms will be vital in pushing the correct message

Interesting , would be gutting to see Tories creep home by Labour/Lib Dems shooting themselves in the foot. Despite it being an ex-You Gov-er most of his takes seemed reasonable and need to be shared as widely as possible. I also think Labour needs to turn the guns on the thick cunts in Northern leave constituencies thinking of voting Tory saying they are betraying their heritage and the future of the their children and families for magic beans. Subtlety doesn't work on anyone with an iq in low double figures.

• Upvote 1

I think there is fault on both sides , with Swinson deciding to attack Corbyn more than Johnson from the get-go and Labour not wanting to legitimise the Lib Dems as a worthy party to vote for. I think it is safe to say that if they had a crystal ball three or four months ago to see where we are four days before an election, things would have panned out differently.

36 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I'm in Hazel Grove, hopefully kicking out our useless Tory MP by voting Lib Dem’s. 

My constituency is no 9 on the list. We're all already voting SNP and the last Labour email said it would be best to help in the Kirkcaldy seat, they're not actively campaigning here. Hopefully similar  stuff is happening elsewhere. 

Marr brought mcdonnel to task about the NHS and current waiting list numbers as a reason to not change current privatised sections of the NHS ignoring why there is such high numbers right now. The party in power faces less scrutiny over the current mess and how they will fix it.

Wears thin interviewers just seeking to trip politicians up to trick them into  soundbite headlines, rather than ask the question and allow for an answer and then deciding if the question was answered instead of expecting the answer to a complex situation in the first 10 words spoken and if it isn't talk over the top of them. Why is being obnoxious and rude considered the right way to do the job it's not about the interviewer winning. I get theres time constraints. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why did they not create a remain party, call it a remain party and only fight for seats in Tory areas that largely voted for remain.

The leave identity is much stronger than remain. One of the few things Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and the rest all agreed on unanimously is No Deal is a disaster and must be avoided. In hindsight I think a pact to target MPs who had supported No Deal would have been better on the basis they are unfit to be MPs. Rather than making it about leave or remain. If the Lib Dems had stood down in IDS and Boris Johnsons seat, maybe Raab etc. Hopefully some of these cunts get taken out anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Marr brought mcdonnel to task about the NHS and current waiting list numbers as a reason to not change current privatised sections of the NHS ignoring why there is such high numbers right now. The party in power faces less scrutiny over the current mess and how they will fix it.

Wears thin interviewers just seeking to trip politicians up to trick them into  soundbite headlines, rather than ask the question and allow for an answer and then deciding if the question was answered instead of expecting the answer to a complex situation in the first 10 words spoken and if it isn't talk over the top of them. Why is being obnoxious and rude considered the right way to do the job it's not about the interviewer winning. I get theres time constraints. 

I didn't think Marr's questions were unreasonable actually and it's the one part of the interview McDonnell seemed to struggle with. It is a really valid point to be made, how we withdraw from the sections of the NHS that are currently privatised, it's not just as simple as saying "we'll just do it ourselves". There will need to be massive capital investment to do that. 

Having said that, to your point, the Tories will just be allowed to say "50000 new nurses" and it's just an accepted fact that that will cure the whole of the nhs. 

The issue here isn't the scrutiny of labours policy, it's the complete lack of scrutiny of the Tory ones and when they lie, call them out properly on it. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The Tories want this to be a Brexit election and that is all the talk about. The interviewers should question them repeatedly on their 9 years in power, such as NHS waiting lists, yet as you say, they question Labour about NHS waiting lists.

When the Tories do mention investing in NHS, Schools and 20000 more police I have not once heard them properly questioned about why they have let the country they have run for 9 years get to this state. 

Even the retaining 19000 nurses, who "if we did nothing would leave", the obvious question should be, "how have your party let it get to such a poor state that 4000 nurses a year want to leave the NHS ?", but it is just deflect about numbers and getting it done.

Labour questioned about NHS waiting lists and yet Tories are not, that is the bias people complain rightly about. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I bet there's people out there who'll vote Tory on because of their hatred for all thigs Liverpool FC or Sousers.

Look at the comments.

"typical scousers wanting something for nothing, etc, etc"

Not all along this line thankfully.