You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

By that token Corbyn shouldn’t promote the Labour manifesto as he’s biased for labour. No? 

Oh, that seems to be okay, because his bias is the "right" one. So we can swallow stuff from that source unquestioningly.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'd prefer to see money funnelled to the neediest in society, which I suppose is why the Lib Dem manifesto is more generous to low-income groups, but each to their own.

Got to love manifesto promises that you know you won’t ever have to put into action, because when you did you just have to say ‘we are the junior partner in a coalition’. 

@viRdjil because he wants an unbiased source

https://fullfact.org/election-2019/labour-claims-about-savings-under-their-policies-are-not-credible/

Labour today released figures that they said showed that costs to the average family had risen by almost £6,000 since 2010, while Labour policies would save the average family £6,700.

Very few of these figures represent what “average families” will save under Labour’s policies, or how much more those families have had to pay under the Conservatives.

More than three quarters of the supposed “savings” come from just two large costs, rail season tickets and childcare, neither of which comes close to reflecting what an average family actually pays. In England, two fifths of families don’t pay anything for childcare; only 5% of people use a train more than three times a week.

Some of the smaller figures seem fair estimates of savings that might come about if Labour’s policies were implemented, but they overstate the extra costs families have faced since 2010.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Thanks, will read that one. Not going to waste my time on CCHQ stuff sorry SD.

It wasn't CCHQ, and he says practically the same things as FullFact. Seems a bit mad to dismiss one source and accept another when they're saying the same thing, but okay.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It wasn't CCHQ, and he says practically the same things as FullFact. Seems a bit mad to dismiss one source and accept another when they're saying the same thing, but okay.

Is it really? I think it’s quite normal that you pick and choose your info source. I don’t read the daily mail (or the sun for that matter) for example. Is that mad?

6 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Is it really? I think it’s quite normal that you pick and choose your info source. I don’t read the daily mail (or the sun for that matter) for example. Is that mad?

Whether you read them or not is not the issue. It doesn't mean that anything that they, or any other source, says, can be dismissed out of hand merely because it comes from them.

If a statement or opinion has validity, then it is immaterial whether the person saying it is chief economist at EvilCorp or Head Fluffer for Vivid Entertainment.

55 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'd prefer to see money funnelled to the neediest in society, which I suppose is why the Lib Dem manifesto is more generous to low-income groups, but each to their own.

It was nice of Jo Swinson to apologise for the Lib den part in Austerity. now if she could only bring back those 700,000 dead people back to life and end her squirrel genocide I reckon we could put her down as a maybe. 

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

The Liberal Democrats' head of media, Rosy Cobb, has been suspended over allegations that she deliberately faked an email to a journalist.

https://www.prweek.com/article/1667821/lib-dems-head-media-suspended-fake-email-allegations

More? SD still yet to comment on all of these I notice. 

Saijid Djavid with blatant lies about reducing homelessness by 50% and that it peaked under Labour who are to blame for it. We live in a world where the media allow these lies to go unchallenged. The world is corrupt. I don't know why we even bother getting worked up about it anymore. 

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He's busy Googling PR Week to see if they can be dismissed as a source. 

Oh he will just ignore it. He didn't come online for a day when the last lot was posted on here. Nobody can tell me he isn't a tory and make me believe them.