You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

I don't think its wildly unrealistic to hope that if everyone under the age of 25 gets off their collective arse and everyone over 70 doesn't fancy going out in the cold then we might just get some form of a coalition that usurps the lot currently in charge. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, M_B said:

I don't think its wildly unrealistic to hope that if everyone under the age of 25 gets off their collective arse and everyone over 70 doesn't fancy going out in the cold then we might just get some form of a coalition that usurps the lot currently in charge. 

That’s not what is being suggested though. Some people are saying that Labour will win. Win, means get the most seats.

Not going to happen. Sorry, but anyone who thinks Labour will get the most seats is delusional.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

That’s not what is being suggested though. Some people are saying that Labour will win. Win, means get the most seats.

Not going to happen. Sorry, but anyone who thinks Labour will get the most seats is delusional.

It’s all to play for. You just have no ambition 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

No. It’s about a politician being caught in a lie.  Which is what he did, but it’s being spun about something else.  

Just read the transcript, and I don't know what he was thinking. Such a stupid, pointless lie. I don't get it.

20 minutes ago, moof said:

If Labour mobilise enough people to get out and vote then of course they can win. It doesn’t make you some kind of objective über pundit sitting outside of the bubble if you predict doom and gloom

I don’t think it makes you an Uber pundit, I just think it’s pretty much nailed on not to be a Labour majority. There’s lots of space for debating why and who is at fault, but the likelihood of a Labour victory is pretty slim. I’m obviously hoping they can get enough seats to form a coalition, but even if that happens we’ve got issues if it’s the SNP. If they don’t, then I think it’s obvious what happens. 

18 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Win to me is a majority, otherwise you rely on others to win the right to rule. 

1 hour ago, moof said:

It’s all to play for. You just have no ambition 

I think you’re confusing ambition with expectation mate. Nothing would please me more than seeing Labour in power after this election. I just think the chances of it are very slim.

What makes you so confident?

46 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Win to me is a majority, otherwise you rely on others to win the right to rule. 

Fair enough, I don’t see it that way. By your logic the Tories didn’t win two of the last 3 elections but they’ve still been in power.

12 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Not winning this election may be a blessing in disguise for Labour.

Too right, if they win it they'll have to follow through on all their promises. And unless those trillions of proposed trees have money growing on them, that's going to be a tough ask.

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They’ve got 91k Twitter followers to his 75k. 

That settles that then.

Not sure where you got 91k from anyway, but they have 179k followers and have been on the go since 1913, Bastani's Novara Media was founded 2011 and they have 98k, so I don't think he's doing too badly.

8 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

That settles that then.

Not sure where you got 91k from anyway, but they have 179k followers and have been on the go since 1913, Bastani's Novara Media was founded 2011 and they have 98k, so I don't think he's doing too badly.

Rachel Riley is much more important than both then, since she has more than twice as many as the NS i NM combined.

16 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Too right, if they win it they'll have to follow through on all their promises. And unless those trillions of proposed trees have money growing on them, that's going to be a tough ask.

There's also a lose-lose over Brexit, political crisis or dealing with all the negotiations, problems, economic aftermath. Fighting to keep the nation's boat afloat only to be rewarded by thank you and good-bye from the electorate at the next elections, like Syriza.

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Rachel Riley is much more important than both then, since she has more than twice as many as the NS i NM combined.

I was playing along with his daft argument not taking it seriously. If we go along with that line of stupid reasoning we'd all have to take Trump seriously with his 67mil followers. I should've just saved time and energy by posting the Partridge shrug .gif instead.