You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's boss, isn't it. Climbing over the bins to dodge the audience. Ha! 

A few skirmishes outside Buckingham Palace tonight, apparently. Waxey-Lemon's kidnapping sidekick getting arrested for a typical fascist sucker punch. Shithouse. 

At least he'll have a warm bed and a bumming for Xmas, hopefully. Clean on assault and a load of Police present. What a dick. 

Watched that video of the Tory councillor at the climate change panel and actually felt a bit sorry for her. She was left to clean up the Tory candidate’s shit and just wasn’t up to it. Not sure about the bin climbing bit though. Just go back in and make a joke of it - “It seems I know as much about exits as I do about climate change.”

Admirable speed from the copper taking out Master Waxley-Lennon’s sidekick.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Watched that video of the Tory councillor at the climate change panel and actually felt a bit sorry for her. She was left to clean up the Tory candidate’s shit and just wasn’t up to it. Not sure about the bin climbing bit though. Just go back in and make a joke of it - “It seems I know as much about exits as I do about climate change.”

Admirable speed from the copper taking out Master Waxley-Lennon’s sidekick.

Or.....'After a quick inspection I see they don't believe in separating their rubbish here....tut tut' 

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's boss, isn't it. Climbing over the bins to dodge the audience. Ha! 

A few skirmishes outside Buckingham Palace tonight, apparently. Waxey-Lemon's kidnapping sidekick getting arrested for a typical fascist sucker punch. Shithouse. 

Realised straight away. 

11 hours ago, M_B said:

40 "cultural figures" have written to the guardian urging folks to vote Labour. The signatories include Chomsky.

Was glad to see Naomi Klein on the list too. I'm following her on twitter but haven't checked her page in ages, just went there and she retweeted this days ago, good to know she's seen right through the bullshit smear campaign.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The Tory candidate in my seat has pulled out of tomorrows hustings. Seems like they’re doing this up and down the country? Strategy?!

Certainly looks like a common theme. Presumably they want to keep things as tight as possible over the last week or so, and you can't fuck up if no one scrutinises you.

12 hours ago, SasaS said:

That's really unexpected. I thought Chomsky would be endorsing UKIP.

Chomsky is definitely anti-establishment but he’d never endorse UKIP. For what it’s worth, he’s also Jewish. Perhaps important in the context of Corbyn being seen by many as an anti-semite.

15 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Certainly looks like a common theme. Presumably they want to keep things as tight as possible over the last week or so, and you can't fuck up if no one scrutinises you.

Also would indicate their internal polling has them well ahead . No doubt in my mind they are ahead but based on what happened last time , potential of tactical voting, and the number of marginals up for grabs  could  be risky enough. Suspect their analysis shows whatever negative happens to them same potential to hit labour so their lead/majority will stay in place. Hard to get that C4 voting intention video out of my mind. If that was representative of a labour seat that voted leave in referendum then could be difficult night of results. 

20 minutes ago, Mudface said:

In these final days before election, we should have a concerted effort to share of old clips of the worst of them on Social Media. Flood the internet with their worst quotes and lies. It will stay in people's minds as though it was current.

Social Media must have more reach than mainstream media today.

56 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The Tory candidate in my seat has pulled out of tomorrows hustings. Seems like they’re doing this up and down the country? Strategy?!

I suspect a claim Labour supporters are an angry rabble and they’re not standing for it is incoming.

38 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Chomsky is definitely anti-establishment but he’d never endorse UKIP. For what it’s worth, he’s also Jewish. Perhaps important in the context of Corbyn being seen by many as an anti-semite.

I suspect Sasas was joking. Many have accused Chomsky of being an anti-semite himself, or at least a holocaust denier, including Stronts if I remember correctly. So in that respect it could backfire.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

They seem to be keeping everyone out of scrutiny. They think they have it in the bag so don't want to risk fucking things up because they know the moment people look past Brexit then they are fucked.

I don't know a single person who has ever been polled, so I am paying no attention to the polls. The Tories are shitting it and I am doing my level best to convince people to vote Labour. My dad told me I should vote Tory yesterday - I said we'd have to agree to disagree - I didn't even bother suggesting that he should vote Labour, as you need to pick your battles.

Labour are winning this election.

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't know a single person who has ever been polled, so I am paying no attention to the polls. The Tories are shitting it and I am doing my level best to convince people to vote Labour. My dad told me I should vote Tory yesterday - I said we'd have to agree to disagree - I didn't even bother suggesting that he should vote Labour, as you need to pick your battles.

Are they fuck, mate. 

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

In these final days before election, we should have a concerted effort to share of old clips of the worst of them on Social Media. Flood the internet with their worst quotes and lies. It will stay in people's minds as though it was current.

Social Media must have more reach than mainstream media today.

Pointless. The daily heil have posted a story about Corbyn meeting an IRA bomb maker back in 1984 today. Labour is just an arm of Sinn Feinn as far as the right wing media reading public are concerned. 

Watching the "paper review" on Sky news and it is just propaganda. 

The articles they read are obviously more anti Labour (due to the newspapers being mainly anti Labour), including one written by a Tory M.P.

The 2 independent reviewers are Matthew Parris, former Tory MP and a deputy writer from the Sun. 

Obviously they dismiss the Guardian article as bluff and then "review" the Lord Finkelstein (Tory Lord) article slagging off Corbyn, which obviously they both agree with and then jump in with their own opinion of Corbyn/Labour.

Absolute joke and they will be on again in 30 minutes to do the same again.

The closing line from the Sun "journalist" was people don't believe Corbyn because he has made so many promises of good things that the people are too "bright" to believe they can be delivered. 

I would argue they are to "demoralised" to believe we can live in a fair and decent society.

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

They’re not going to win mate, don’t kid yourself.

It’s a very long shot that they will be able to form a minority government, let alone actually win.

16 minutes ago, Brownie said:

They’re not going to win mate, don’t kid yourself.

It’s a very long shot that they will be able to form a minority government, let alone actually win.

There's a long way to go in this yet.  Labour support won't fall, the other parties will have flakes who will quickly change vote should something tempt them in the coming week.

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Watching the "paper review" on Sky news and it is just propaganda. 

The articles they read are obviously more anti Labour (due to the newspapers being mainly anti Labour), including one written by a Tory M.P.

The 2 independent reviewers are Matthew Parris, former Tory MP and a deputy writer from the Sun. 

Obviously they dismiss the Guardian article as bluff and then "review" the Lord Finkelstein (Tory Lord) article slagging off Corbyn, which obviously they both agree with and then jump in with their own opinion of Corbyn/Labour.

Absolute joke and they will be on again in 30 minutes to do the same again.

The closing line from the Sun "journalist" was people don't believe Corbyn because he has made so many promises of good things that the people are too "bright" to believe they can be delivered. 

I would argue they are to "demoralised" to believe we can live in a fair and decent society.

They did promise a lot, which can backfire with voters that have been around a bit longer.