You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

3 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

Fucking hell.Utterly depressing.Usually reluctant to say ‘these cunts will get what they deserve when they vote Tory’ but not this lot.

So they say Corbyn is untrustworthy but give no reasons why.Contrast this with Johnson. “He’ll always give you an answer - even if it’s a lie hahaha he’s just a loveable buffoon.”

Jesus fucking wept what in the name of fuck is wrong with these cunts.

Bullshit baffles brains.

Raab also said that in fact, despite all the denials, the US could just decide they want to charge us more for medicines, but “Why would they do that?”

Nobody ever show him Bambi’s mum getting shot or tell him it was his parents leaving that tooth fairy money.

19 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

But the Brexit party dropped out ages ago. Why would people still be moving their support now? The country is full of bellends. 

You can see from the poll that BXP were down 1%. 

They haven't dropped out of all of the seats, so, where they are standing, there can still be some drift towards the Tories.

Also, the polls don't count the undecided, as some of them decide thr closer we get, some will decide Tory. I think I saw its something like 20-30% that decide to vote Conservative in the end, so much less than Labour,  but could still add to an uptick.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The few active Labour people I know agreed beforehand that we’d spread out around the room, clap for our candidate and stay quiet after he spoke. I was amazed when it started and the majority there were against him. The fella that writes for the local rag said it’s never happened like that here before and the couple of times I’ve canvassed in the last year or so I’ve found that Labour voters are like rocking horse shit. You’re essentially going out to knock on people’s doors so they can tell you that Corbyn’s a bastard.

Seems a bit odd that they were so against him, considering the majority he had in 2017. I know Raab has had a similar issue and is in trouble, but he is in a heavy remain area, just checked and West Suffolk was 63% Leave in the referendum. Was the area it was held in more left leaning than the rest of the constituency or something?

I know he has made a massive knob of himself since the Tory leadership campaign, but presume there is no chance of him actually losing, is there?

1 hour ago, The Woolster said:

You can see from the poll that BXP were down 1%. 

They haven't dropped out of all of the seats, so, where they are standing, there can still be some drift towards the Tories.

Also, the polls don't count the undecided, as some of them decide thr closer we get, some will decide Tory. I think I saw its something like 20-30% that decide to vote Conservative in the end, so much less than Labour,  but could still add to an uptick.

They've been utter shite though. Anybody who's allowed this election campaign to bring their vote from anywhere to the Tories wants putting down. 

1 hour ago, The Woolster said:

Seems a bit odd that they were so against him, considering the majority he had in 2017. I know Raab has had a similar issue and is in trouble, but he is in a heavy remain area, just checked and West Suffolk was 63% Leave in the referendum. Was the area it was held in more left leaning than the rest of the constituency or something?

I know he has made a massive knob of himself since the Tory leadership campaign, but presume there is no chance of him actually losing, is there?

Nah, no chance. The town is the poorest part of the constituency. It’s got a few estates that were built for London overspill from the 50’s onwards. Now there’s constantly new developments going up for people priced out of Cambridge & Bury St Edmunds but never any new infrastructure. There’s hardly any jobs and the public transport to get out is shite, but the main thing people are pissed off at is the GP situation. The population is going up but the amount of doctors is going down. 

782D1999-37DE-43AD-A769-3FFE1AB744D4.jpeg

But even saying all that, the Brexit wankers and people who vote Tory for reasons I can’t work out are still in the majority I reckon. The rest of the constituency is mostly leafy villages and then Newmarket up the road. All guaranteed to be mostly Tory voters. I think the best we can hope for is to take a chunk out of his majority but I wouldn’t be surprised if it went up again. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Labour. Organise an event, 20 notes a pop to piss on Thatchers Grace, 30 notes for a shit. Manifesto costs covered and you wouldn't have to upset the greedy bastards who are worried about paying an extra 20 notes a month for better public/social services etc. I'm sure the Tory party could reciprocate and have a 'Piss on a homeless person' event, instead of burning their dosh they could put it towards the cost of their Unicorn Manifesto.