You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Horrible if it did happen but does anyone else suspect this didn't happen at all?

Would have thought there'd be photos of him showing his injuries. Left the country without talking to the police about it. Who's the security group who seem to get mentioned a few times.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

But the Brexit party dropped out ages ago. Why would people still be moving their support now? The country is full of bellends. 

Probably since that big poll came out that showed that The Brexit Party were more damaging to Tory than Labour.

Had a look on some far right facebook groups earlier, The conversation went like this.

JEREMY CORBYN IS NOT FIT FOR OFFICE, ONLY BORIS CAN STOP HIM LEADING OUR COUNTRY.

Comment 1. I'm voting Nigel

Comment 2. NOOOOO! YOU WILL SPLIT THE VOTE

Comment 3. You are in a marginal mate, vote conservative as they can get in.

Comment 1 Reply. Too late I've already posted it.

Cue an angry response!

11 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Probably since that big poll came out that showed that The Brexit Party were more damaging to Tory than Labour.

Had a look on some far right facebook groups earlier, The conversation went like this.

JEREMY CORBYN IS NOT FIT FOR OFFICE, ONLY BORIS CAN STOP HIM LEADING OUR COUNTRY.

Comment 1. I'm voting Nigel

Comment 2. NOOOOO! YOU WILL SPLIT THE VOTE

Comment 3. You are in a marginal mate, vote conservative as they can get in.

Comment 1 Reply. Too late I've already posted it.

Cue an angry response!

Let's hope there's loads of them. 

On 30/11/2019 at 00:33, Captain Turdseye said:

Turns out it was my mate who said “get it right, Matt.” I was sat on the other side of the room and a bit further back and thought it came from someone behind me. It’s gaining traction on Twitter...

Hancock’s got his mate to come on Twitter and try and turn this around. The woman is a councillor in Newmarket and apparently turned up with him after they went out leafleting first. She’s put on Twitter that she had to run out and lock herself in her car because she was scared. Absolute bollocks. I don’t recognise her but loads of people were mingling for a bit afterwards including Hancock himself and I’d bet good money that she was one of them. Now he’s trotting out the line that he’ll fight anti-semitism wherever sees it. Slimy, lying cunt. Nobody had mentioned race/religion/sexuality or anything like that until he started at the end. People were asking why there’s no GP appointments or public transport. He’s also saying it was a dozen Labour activists shouting over everyone else. I’ve never been to a meeting that’s had more than ten people in it. He’s talking shite. 

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-health-secretary-booed-at-hustings-for-attacking-jeremy-corbyns-antisemitic-attitude-11876471

Daniel Sugarman, the public affairs officer for Board of Deputies of British Jews, said: "I've seen many Jews extremely angry at Labour candidates at hustings so far this election campaign. I haven't seen anything CLOSE to the vitriol the Tory candidate for West [Suffolk] gets here for just mentioning Labour antisemitism. The cries of "liar"...

"The people responsible for this are those who have denied this antisemitism problem, called it a smear, falsely claimed it was being done to "silence criticism of Israel", & those who have shared such lies. You've whipped up this mob against us. We will never forgive you for it."

Whipped up a mob. Alright, knobhead. It was supposed to be the final sentence of the hustings, Hancock knew exactly what he was doing. I said that to him afterwards when everyone was milling about and he just turned away and carried on talking to his chums. The question was ‘How can we bring more honesty into British politics?’ and he answered with his nurses pledge and ‘Corbyn’s an anti-Semite.’ That’s the very definition of a fucking smear.

People had every right to be pissed off because he wouldn’t answer the question. There was only four questions all night. He managed to talk about ‘getting Brexit done’ in each of the other three. Apparently the Brexit impasse is the reason why he can’t address the issue of people parking on double yellow lines in the town centre. Now I’ve got no beef with the parking issue because it’s a mission to get from the car park to Greggs and back but he was openly taking the piss there.

The few active Labour people I know agreed beforehand that we’d spread out around the room, clap for our candidate and stay quiet after he spoke. I was amazed when it started and the majority there were against him. The fella that writes for the local rag said it’s never happened like that here before and the couple of times I’ve canvassed in the last year or so I’ve found that Labour voters are like rocking horse shit. You’re essentially going out to knock on people’s doors so they can tell you that Corbyn’s a bastard. 

One or two of ours definitely got involved in the furore the end. I guess they must hate Jewish people now. The old bloke who takes the minutes at Labour meetings just got up and walked straight out because he’s got high blood pressure. There was one bloke, Barry, who’s got some learning difficulties, sat about four rows from the front heckling like fuck right the way through. Me and the boy spent most of it smirking and trying not to laugh but when Hancock pushed the fella away and everyone jumped up I shouted “Get yer hands off him!” Thankfully I was out of range of the mic on that phone so my bad wool accent can’t be heard. 

Lying bastards, man. 

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I saw that earlier and read a back and forth between him and Billy Bragg which was interesting. 

There isn’t a shred of doubt in my mind that the bought and paid for right-wing media in this country are complicit with the Tory government in perpetuating all of this to a dangerous level. Hancock is a prime example of how it’s being weaponised. It’s sad that it’s being weaponised by both sides but people gobbing off on Twitter and claiming everyone who supports Jeremy Corbyn is sub-consciously anti-Semitic is not helping anyone. 

24 minutes ago, an tha said:

Thicker than whale omelettes

But sadly very representative of the morons who are swallowing Johnson's bullshit.

And even worse is there is gonna be more than enough of them across Labour held seats where Leave is popular to give that fucking prick Johnson and his cronies a majority.

All of them swallowing hook line and sinker his Brexit shite 

Guardian :

Leaked documents picked up by Labour as proving that the NHS was “on the table” in trade talks with the US were initially disseminated online by anonymous posters operating in a way similar to a Russian information operation known as Secondary Infektion, according to a social media research firm.

b3hBRPq.gif

RUSSIA!

Other facts are available. Like the fact she is British, born in Britain before the war in Kosovo. Maybe she is somebody who isn’t putting a foreign land above her own because of something that happened two decades ago and is more concerned with the welfare of people now. Maybe she has a nuanced view, realising that it’s between Corbyn and Boris Johnson, who seemed incredibly flippant when talking about ‘Kosovo-style social cleansing’  when defending his benefit cap, as pointed out by Clegg and Cable at the time. 

• Upvote 1