You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Are they aware that Theresa May's husband has died further along the table ?

Probably just saw the bill for his Theresa's shoes. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not long back from the Hancock hustings. Great fun. The audience was properly hostile to him which I was not expecting at all. He was jeered and laughed at pretty much every time he spoke because he was talking bollocks. He mentioned nurses and as he got to the numbers people were going “oooh” and “how many?” and a lone frail cry came from the back saying “get it right, Matt...” 

Almost every answer he gave ended with the “Get Brexit Done” shite and there was only about 10 people in the room applauding, drowned out by everyone else groaning. And this is a Leave town. 

The last question was about bringing more honesty into politics and he was last to go. He finished his answer by shouting something like “AND NOTHING ANGERS ME MORE IN THIS COUNTRY THAN THE ANTI-SEMITISM IN THE LABOUR PARTY!” knowing that it would cause a kick off. It ended up with Matty boy physically pushing away the bloke that was chairing the meeting so he could carry on shouting about Corbyn, all while people were shouting at him. Then he just sat back with a smug grin on his face as the chair was pleading for calm and people were making dramatic exits left, right and centre.

My favourite was amongst all the chaos when some fella with one of the poshest accents I’ve ever heard stood up and rather politely boomed louder than anyone in the room “YOU’RE A LIAR, MR HANCOCK!” Then he swung his Tim Sherwood style gilet over his shoulder and marched out. 

Tremendous. I’ve heard they’re meant to be doing another one in Newmarket next week. I need a ticket. 

Turns out it was my mate who said “get it right, Matt.” I was sat on the other side of the room and a bit further back and thought it came from someone behind me. It’s gaining traction on Twitter...

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Turns out it was my mate who said “get it right, Matt.” I was sat on the other side of the room and a bit further back and thought it came from someone behind me. It’s gaining traction on Twitter...

Like a sketch from Little Britain. 

9 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Got Green which was a few points ahead of Labour, thanks for link. Voting Labour this time anyway though, just did postal ballot a bit ago. Would've voted Green like last time but don't like the idea of never having voted for Corbyn if this is the last chance, considering how much I agree with so many of his views, how much he's changed things, and how amazing it is that he's Labour leader still after what he's been through.

Yeah, I got Green 68, Labour 62.

38 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I got Green 68, Labour 62.

Was almost the same, 65 Green, 62 Labour I think. The only odd thing was that Lib Dems weren't a huge amount behind, but I suppose that's more to do with their ideas/policies in general, and without factoring some of their current members and the bullshit coalition they were in not so long back.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Was almost the same, 65 Green, 62 Labour I think. The only odd thing was that Lib Dems weren't a huge amount behind, but I suppose that's more to do with their ideas/policies in general, and without factoring some of their current members and the bullshit coalition they were in not so long back.

Yes, I think Lib Dem was about 40 for me. Social policies I guess. The other two were minus 60 or something.

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If they had a single chance of winning an election, I’d probably join the party and get involved. 

I did join the Greens a few years back, after the 2015 election I think it was. I was very happy to give them my money, vote for, and support them. 

However Brexit happened, May happened, more GE's happened, and as I live in a Labour-Tory marginal I've had to switch my vote back to Labour so my Green membership lapsed unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

I did join the Greens a few years back, after the 2015 election I think it was. I was very happy to give them my money, vote for, and support them. 

However Brexit happened, May happened, more GE's happened, and as I live in a Labour-Tory marginal I've had to switch my vote back to Labour so my Green membership lapsed unfortunately. 

Yeah, makes sense. If we had a reasonable voting system, I’d vote for them first most likely. 

13 minutes ago, Moo said:

Same as that mate. Would sadly be unforgivable to waste votes on the Greens this time out in my opinion, but would dearly love a left-wing coalition with Lucas holding a prominent position such as deputy leader and one of the top jobs. She’s a superb politician shot through with competence and integrity, tucked away out of sight most of the time. Little becomes this country’s current politics more than that.

Labour are, very happily but counter-intuitively, given I live in one of the bluest parts of the whole fucking country and it tends to be only the Lib Dems with any chance of breaking that up in certain seats, my best option here to stop Connor Burns retaining his seat.

2nd last time, as was surprisingly the case in several of the 8 seats across Dorset. Almost impossible to calculate all the variables on how votes will be affected this time out, but it wasn’t even close in 2017 between 2nd and 3rd, so get to vote with heart and head.

Guest Pistonbroke

She's definitely one of the better politicians and speaks excellently with both passion and honesty. I also liked that Leanne Wood when she was the leader of Plaid, but mainly for the way she handled herself on those podiums, her and Lucas where by far the most competent speakers. 

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Same as that mate. Would sadly be unforgivable to waste votes on the Greens this time out in my opinion, but would dearly love a left-wing coalition with Lucas holding a prominent position such as deputy leader and one of the top jobs. She’s a superb politician shot through with competence and integrity, tucked away out of sight most of the time. Little becomes this country’s current politics more than that.

That would be incredible if that happened. 

16 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not long back from the Hancock hustings. Great fun. The audience was properly hostile to him which I was not expecting at all. He was jeered and laughed at pretty much every time he spoke because he was talking bollocks. He mentioned nurses and as he got to the numbers people were going “oooh” and “how many?” and a lone frail cry came from the back saying “get it right, Matt...” 

Almost every answer he gave ended with the “Get Brexit Done” shite and there was only about 10 people in the room applauding, drowned out by everyone else groaning. And this is a Leave town. 

The last question was about bringing more honesty into politics and he was last to go. He finished his answer by shouting something like “AND NOTHING ANGERS ME MORE IN THIS COUNTRY THAN THE ANTI-SEMITISM IN THE LABOUR PARTY!” knowing that it would cause a kick off. It ended up with Matty boy physically pushing away the bloke that was chairing the meeting so he could carry on shouting about Corbyn, all while people were shouting at him. Then he just sat back with a smug grin on his face as the chair was pleading for calm and people were making dramatic exits left, right and centre.

My favourite was amongst all the chaos when some fella with one of the poshest accents I’ve ever heard stood up and rather politely boomed louder than anyone in the room “YOU’RE A LIAR, MR HANCOCK!” Then he swung his Tim Sherwood style gilet over his shoulder and marched out. 

Tremendous. I’ve heard they’re meant to be doing another one in Newmarket next week. I need a ticket. 

I've seen Mobile phone coverage of this Hancock come across as a right tosser as per