You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

I spoke to a fellow union rep yesterday, 40 and lives with her parents in Rochdale, her parents are urging her to vote - great. For anyone but Corbyn! The reason for this - 'he'll let all and sundry in to the country'!

This is the kind of shit that destroys my head about the working class in this country! All that matters is immigration and Brexshit, not the NHS, not workers rights, not green issues, not redistribution of wealth! Just get out of Europe and keep the foreigners out!

Turkeys voting for Christmas!

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, moof said:

here is the BBC eviscerating Boris Joh... oh, wait. No. It’s a video of him eating a scone. 

This is what you call holding power to account. Great job by the ever crusading Beeb journalists 

However in football terms conservative HQ is playing a blinder. Frivolous photo shoots, the odd get Brexit done and pack him off to bed without him saying anything damaging. They have the lead so are going try and hang on without shooting themselves in foot. Rees Mog mothballed Johnson muzzled bar the oven ready comments wheel out lesser known MPs for commentary keep it tight at back. I suppose best we can hope for at minute is a last minute equaliser.  

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

I spoke to a fellow union rep yesterday, 40 and lives with her parents in Rochdale, her parents are urging her to vote - great. For anyone but Corbyn! The reason for this - 'he'll let all and sundry in to the country'!

This is the kind of shit that destroys my head about the working class in this country! All that matters is immigration and Brexshit, not the NHS, not workers rights, not green issues, not redistribution of wealth! Just get out of Europe and keep the foreigners out!

Living with your parents when you're 40 is absolutely disgraceful anyway, but if they're certified fucking morons? Jesus.

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

Living with your parents when you're 40 is absolutely disgraceful anyway, but if they're certified fucking morons? Jesus.

They're the generation that Enoch Powell appealed to - and they may well have been taken in by the Fascist Yaxley-Lennon's lies about what happened in Rochdale and elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, clangers said:

So the BBC and Andrew Neil have caused Labour to have 24 hours negative coverage after an aggressive interview and it turns out they don't even have an agreement in place to put Boris through the same ordeal. He's now obviously backtracking. I'm assuming the BBC will now be in deep shit for deeply biased coverage?

Not while fuck knows how many millions of people queue up to pay for the service they wont.

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

However in football terms conservative HQ is playing a blinder. Frivolous photo shoots, the odd get Brexit done and pack him off to bed without him saying anything damaging. They have the lead so are going try and hang on without shooting themselves in foot. Rees Mog mothballed Johnson muzzled bar the oven ready comments wheel out lesser known MPs for commentary keep it tight at back. I suppose best we can hope for at minute is a last minute equaliser.  

Don't forget the Star Trek style Andrew Neil proximity alert sensors.

21 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Don't forget the Star Trek style Andrew Neil proximity alert sensors.

I think they will accept the chicken fallout  rather than expose him. As I have said all about parking the bus now. They need a jolt from a close/closing poll to make them shift from current strategy. In fact it will be a success if they come through this unscathed based on the propensity of their leader to be a lying, bumbling idiot.

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Ask her if she's ever had proper sex.

Fruit and veg don't count.

I've come to terms with it being very very likely that Cuntface will still be PM after this election. 

But, I also can't take that YouGov poll as bring accurate. That the Tories will be about 140 seats ahead of the next closest party? People above have raised issues regarding the timing of the poll. Plus, I can't help but think that the surge in voter registration in the 18-35 age range hasn't been factored in and that this could make a huge difference. 

Then there's some of the recent NHS stuff that Labour have put out. It's a bit vague and there's no "gotcha" the NHS is up for sale line in the documents. But, it still seems to be a message that is resonating with some of the electorate. I also think that Johnson's refusal to do the climate change debate, if seized upon during the debate, on screen, by the likes of Corbyn and the Greens (Lucas, I presume), then this could encourage the younger voting bracket to get out and vote anybody but Tory. Then there's the tactical voting angle. 

Only time will tell. And there's time to change minds still. But, I can't be having that poll prediction myself. 

Apparently an article has been unearthed where Johnson has described British young people as having a " Nigerian interest towards money" Which is obviously not being widely reported or challenged.

Imagine how many headlines there would be if Corbyn wrote about a " jewish interest towards money?"

51 minutes ago, sir roger said:

What do we make of this story that Labour are ' changing strategy ' to concentrate on Leave areas ? I would have assumed they would have been a big focus of any plan for the last 2 weeks anyway as most of them are on our 'protect at all costs ' list.

My guess is that it's not a change at all.

• Upvote 1

Irrespective of the outcome, I think that this will go down as one of the dirtiest, distasteful and dishonest elections we've ever seen in this country. 

Hopefully it doesn't set the tone for future elections. The latest example being:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/28/revealed-tory-candidates-issued-with-attack-manuals-on-how-to-smear-rivals

16 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Irrespective of the outcome, I think that this will go down as one of the dirtiest, distasteful and dishonest elections we've ever seen in this country. 

Hopefully it doesn't set the tone for future elections. The latest example being:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/28/revealed-tory-candidates-issued-with-attack-manuals-on-how-to-smear-rivals

Fucking hell. Absolute gutter politics.

Nothing I didn't know already, but maybe news to some.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50585818

General election 2019: Tory and Labour spending plans 'not credible' - IFS

Neither the Conservatives nor Labour are offering "credible" spending plans ahead of the election, an influential research group has said.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) said it was "highly likely" the Tories would end up spending more than their manifesto pledges.

Labour, it warned, would be unable to deliver its spending increases as it has promised.

Neither was being "honest" with voters, director Paul Johnson said.

The Liberal Democrats' manifesto, he said, would involve lower levels of borrowing than under Labour or the Tories, but would still be seen as "radical" in "most periods".

However, he added that, given the uncertainty around Brexit, it was difficult to determine what the exact effects of the three parties' blueprints would be.

Labour, the Conservatives and the Lib Dems have all published their manifestos, including spending and taxation plans, ahead of the 12 December general election.

Labour is promising to renationalise rail, mail, water and energy, as well as give a 5% increase to public sector workers in their first year in government if elected.

The Lib Dems say stopping Brexit would deliver an extra £10bn a year for public services - they also want to increase all income tax rates by 1% to fund more NHS spending.

The Conservatives have pledged to postpone a scheduled corporation tax cut - from 19% to 17% - to increase spending on public services.

Speaking in London, Paul Johnson said the Conservatives were continuing to "pretend that tax rises will never be needed to secure decent public services".

Labour, he added, "pretends that huge increases in spending can be financed by just big companies and the rich".

Mr Johnson also said it was "highly likely" Labour would need to raise taxes beyond what it is promising to pay for its proposed £80bn a year in extra spending.

"In reality, a change in the scale and the scope of the state that they propose would require more broad-based tax increases at some point."

He criticised a Tory pledge not to raise income tax, national insurance or VAT over the next five years as "ill advised", adding the government would "regret" it.

He also added that the party had "failed to come up with any kind of plan or any kind of money" for social care services.

Stuart Adam, senior research economist at the IFS, warned that Labour's promise that it would only raise taxes on the richest 5% of taxpayers was "clearly not true".

He said the party's proposals to scrap a tax break for married couples and change taxes on company dividends would also affect people outside this bracket.

He added that its planned rise in corporation tax would be "passed on" to workers in the form of lower wages, and to consumers in the form of higher prices.

• Upvote 1