You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Be interesting to see if Neil calls on Johnson to apologise for calling gay people "bum boys" and  his numerous racist remarks about Muslim's and  black people

I'm sure Laura will be tweeting this later.....Or probably not

EKXf_Q_X0AAnFNk.jpg

He managed to survey all those people pretty bloody quickly.  Although as he ‘represents’ 13% of British Jews even if he’s right it doesn’t change the claim. 

• Downvote 2

Anyone seen a single piece of media speculation yet on the timing of Corbyn only having access to this the day after voter registration closed?

Closed at midnight, he’s out at 10am for his press conference. I’d want to know who made this unredacted version available to him and when if I were a journalist.

I’m going to wildly speculate that a man for whom saving the NHS has formed most of his campaign and who has been urging people to register to vote on a daily basis, wouldn’t have sat on something which would inevitably inspire many people who hadn’t already to register to vote.

I am just a big tinfoil hat wearing naive cult member, mind.

• Upvote 1

Barry Gardiner on Politics Live (BBC).

50% about Corbyn interview last night

35% about losing tax allowance for married couples

15% about NHS, which is the reason he came on. 

The level of journalism basically

"Have the Tories signed any deals with the USA yet ?"

"They have not signed any deals because they are not allowed to sign deals until we actually leave the EU"

"So what you are saying is no deals have been signed, isn't this just scare mongering"

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Anyone seen a single piece of media speculation yet on the timing of Corbyn only having access to this the day after voter registration closed?

Closed at midnight, he’s out at 10am for his press conference. I’d want to know who made this unredacted version available to him and when if I were a journalist.

I’m going to wildly speculate that a man for whom saving the NHS has formed most of his campaign and who has been urging people to register to vote on a daily basis, wouldn’t have sat on something which would inevitably inspire many people who hadn’t already to register to vote.

I am just a big tinfoil hat wearing naive cult member, mind.

Apparently its been available on Reddit for the past month. 

The BBC says he just did.

Boris Johnson has apologised for incidents of Islamophobia in the Conservative Party.

Speaking on the campaign trail in Cornwall, the PM told reporters there is a "zero tolerance approach" to Islamophobia and all other kinds of prejudice in the party, and promises to begin an independent inquiry into such incidents by December.

Asked whether he apologised for the Islamophobia that had taken place, Mr Johnson said: "Of course, and for all the hurt and offence that has been caused - of course we do.

"And all that is intolerable, and it's so important as a country that we don't allow that kind of thing and that's why we're going to have the independent inquiry."