You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

I was out canvassing for a couple of hours myself this morning. One fella told me he always used to be a Labour voter but he’s not anymore. I asked why and he said that he used to work as a HGV driver going between all the abattoirs in the wider area but the government (bastards) closed them all in 1987. 

Nineteen eighty seven. For fuck sake. Can’t vote for Labour this year because his industry was decimated while Thatcher was the Prime Minister 30 years ago. Oh, and there’s a pothole at the end of his road. I’m not sure if or how exactly this pothole is Corbyn’s fault because I didn’t think it was a good use of my time to hang around and ask. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I was out canvassing for a couple of hours myself this morning. One fella told me he always used to be a Labour voter but he’s not anymore. I asked why and he said that he used to work as a HGV driver going between all the abattoirs in the wider area but the government (bastards) closed them all in 1987. 

Nineteen eighty seven. For fuck sake. Can’t vote for Labour this year because his industry was decimated while Thatcher was the Prime Minister 30 years ago. Oh, and there’s a pothole at the end of his road. I’m not sure if or how exactly this pothole is Corbyn’s fault because I didn’t think it was a good use of my time to hang around and ask. 

How did it go generally apart from that fella?

52 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah but they are gonna clean the dog shit up over the road 

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Brexit going on and on and on certainly hasn't helped. The Tories have somehow convinced a lot of voters that they are the party to get it done despite being split throughout the whole process. They are now turning it into a vote winner as they use Johnson to bang on about it, as if it is what they wanted all along. Quite clearly they are the party which will profit the most off the back of Brexit, without it they'd be pretty much flapping. Hence all the crap about 'Let's get this done' 'Let's make Britain great again' etc. They also seem to have fooled a lot of people by promising to rebuild public services, despite it being those cunts who cut them to the bone. They quite possibly may invest heavily in the Armed forces and the Police as other services are ignored after an election. mainly because when Brexit is done and dusted and the reality kicks in the Worm will quite literally turn.

On labour. The fact Brexit has gone on and on seems to have damaged them more, they've certainly played their own part and If they could have envisaged the total time wasted on Brexit they might have had a different approach, we'll never know. Corbyn has been constantly attacked by the Media and it has certainly been an organised effort by those who pull the strings. Even without Brexit this would have gone on. I'm not sure if any other prospective leader would have handled things any better, plenty would have crumbled. It's shocking that modern day politics is being viewed as a popularity contest between leaders of the various parties and not the core beliefs, manifestos and policies. It's just playing into the Medias hands, the media who just push out pathetic lies in order to keep the status quo for the rich people who back them. 

Another five years of Tory Gov't doesn't sound good, especially when the important stuff post Brexit needs dealing with. That transition period and sorting out actual deals could be a whole lot trickier to negotiate and you'll have a Man Child and a bunch of cunts looking after your destiny. 

I agree again with much of what you've got to say. But I don't think politics being a popularity contest is a new thing, I'm 50 next year and I don't remember an election which wasn't a popularity contest or it certainly played a massive part. The only time it comes down to policies in my opinion is when neither side has a popular leader. That happened in the last election. To my memory it happened in 92 when it was Major against Kinnock. I hate to fucking say it, but Johnson is clearly a popular leader. He has turned the Tories ratings around since he took over and he managed 2 terms as a leader of a labour city, this all despite being an utter cunt. 

Anyone who thinks they can ride into downing Street by being unlikeable is kidding themselves. 

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

It's not very likely that all pollsters are biased against Labour, or that they are all working for  the Conservatives.

Maybe it's the same demographic getting polled all the time. 

I've never been asked who I'm voting for, and my opinion is the only one that matters, so it's not difficult for me to assume that everyone taking part in those polls are cunts. 

Turnout will decide this election, especially of the under 25s.

All the polls are weighted with the assumption that the young don’t vote. If they do, and in big numbers, the polls will be turned on their heads.

Fingers crossed that the number of new registrations since the call of the election means that might just happen.

23 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The opening lines of a piece on the Tory manifesto launch, earlier today. 

"Compared to the Labour manifesto, Boris Johnson's plan for the country is a shopping list of promises, not an encyclopaedia of ambitions."

CCHQ? 

The Spectator? 

The Telegraph? 

Nope. It's the good old BBC! 

Laura Kuenssberg of course.

It also said, “Vote to leave the EU at speed, and enact the 2016 referendum, or choose Labour to push for another big national ballot”.

Just take a second to let that sink in. You’d expect that line from a Tory politician or something, not a BBC journalist.

They are taking the piss out of us and laughing in our faces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

Laura Kuenssberg of course.

It also said, “Vote to leave the EU at speed, and enact the 2016 referendum, or choose Labour to push for another big national ballot”.

Just take a second to let that sink in. You’d expect that line from a Tory politician or something, not a BBC journalist.

They are taking the piss out of us and laughing in our faces.

She got away with smearing Corbyn a few years ago, so she must feel invincible.