You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Nope. 

I didn’t say that either.

remember that you are free to give  all your spare cash to the poor people you walk past. But you don’t. 

You have no idea how much I give to whom; but charity is (like the man said) a cold grey loveless thing. It's far better to willingly be a part of a society that collectively decides not to tolerate the murderous cruelty of extreme inequality. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This isn’t going to win me any friends....but you lucked out meeting a rich bloke who fancied you.  That’s not the norm, big tits or not. 

Very amusing. Just for the record, my ‘rich bloke’ wasn’t rich when we got together. For the first two years of our relationship I paid to keep him. We started a business and grew it together. But you carry on being a misogynist as well as a selfish cunt.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Teasmaid said:

Very amusing. Just for the record, my ‘rich bloke’ wasn’t rich when we got together. For the first two years of our relationship I paid to keep him. We started a business and grew it together. But you carry on being a misogynist as well as a selfish cunt.

That house though, just dropped in. 

ill take the cunt, but not misogynist. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Uh oh... Richard Burgon just pronounced it Epstine as opposed to Epsteen. Lucky he didn’t do the “shhh”, so hopefully that saved him.

How many times do you need to be told that it was the "shhh" which was the issue in the first place for those who complained?

36 minutes ago, Teasmaid said:

Well said. Some nasty shit this fella is spouting recently

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

How many times do you need to be told that it was the "shhh" which was the issue in the first place for those who complained?

You are actually the first person who has confirmed that the “shh” was the issue, not the “tine”. @Pistonbroke posted earlier that in Germany, whether you’re Jewish or otherwise, Epstein is pronounced as Epshtine. So it’s not an exclusively Jewish thing. There might have been a Yiddish twang that Corbyn did, but I’m not super clear on that. 

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You are actually the first person who has confirmed that the “shh” was the issue, not the “tine”. @Pistonbroke posted earlier that in Germany, whether you’re Jewish or otherwise... Epstein is pronounced as Epshtine. So it’s not an exclusively Jewish thing. There might have been a Yiddish twang that Corbyn did, but I’m not super clear on that. 

There was no "issue." 

It was a transparent act of faux outrage. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Here’s a reason for not supporting the manifesto;

I don’t want to pay any more tax.  The people I’ve observed are hostile to me and people like me.  

What is “people like me”? Conceited, spiteful little Tory helmets? Yeah, funny that 

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You are actually the first person who has confirmed that the “shh” was the issue, not the “tine”. @Pistonbroke posted earlier that in Germany, whether you’re Jewish or otherwise, Epstein is pronounced as Epshtine. So it’s not an exclusively Jewish thing. There might have been a Yiddish twang that Corbyn did, but I’m not super clear on that. 

Listen, just accept it's because he was calling all Jews pedophiles and move on. Now, about those T-shirts you ordered. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Yep. That’s more.  And that’s this year. This is the ‘selling phase’.  It’s going to be more isn’t it? I’m sure* you are all lovely people but I don’t want to give you my money. Sorry. 

*I know you aren’t 

I'm not British so have no skin in the game but Rico you're an intelligent man. You know how taxation works. You wouldn't be giving the 20 quid a week to "they", you'd be giving it to "we". 

You see that housing, healthcare and all front line services in your country need investment. 

So why don't you want to pay £20 a week to help some people who say they need it to improve these things? 

Is it because you don't want to help or you don't like the people that want to help? Genuinely. 

41 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I'm not British so have no skin in the game but Rico you're an intelligent man. You know how taxation works. You wouldn't be giving the 20 quid a week to "they", you'd be giving it to "we". 

You see that housing, healthcare and all front line services in your country need investment

So why don't you want to pay £20 a week to help some people who say they need it to improve these things? 

Is it because you don't want to help or you don't like the people that want to help? Genuinely. 

Never mind other people's needs, even if you couldn't give a toss about other people no one can seriously believe that they themselves could never need access to struggling front line services, or services (the cost  of which might be about to go through the roof due to disaster capitalism) that are about to become a struggle.

Apart from proper rich people of course, which are not Rico and the people like him. 

That's why I think he was trolling with that post, for a change. 

59 minutes ago, moof said:

What is “people like me”? Conceited, spiteful little Tory helmets? Yeah, funny that 

And who are the people he's observed, who would presumably benefit from him paying more tax, that are hostile towards him? 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

There's a serious point there actually. There are a lot of people who think society's problems aren't their responsibility because government should be addressing them. 

I had a pretty easy childhood, was sent to a boarding school early on, my folks paid for my university + living allowance... Probably didn’t make the most of it, but I now realise that it was a privilege, because I didn’t earn any of it. I’m not shying away from that. Just sheer dumb luck that both my parents had good jobs (my mum is still practicing but my dad’s retired). Not every kid is as lucky as I was growing, I think we can agree on that... and I am *very* passionate about not punishing kids for their parents mistakes or misfortunes. The government should have a role to play in ensuring underprivileged kids get the same opportunities to succeed and make something of themselves as those more fortunate. It’s the main reason I always vote for Labour (or Labor in Australia), even though it is almost always the case that it’s more financially appealing for me personally to vote for the right wing party. I honestly don’t believe that’s too radical a stance at all. Have a look at the below tweet. It’s heartbreaking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Razoray said:

You see that housing, healthcare and all front line services in your country need investment. 

It’s because I’d rather have it in my pocket than anyone else’s. Very simple really.  

I’m marginally more selfish than most people on here but I’m willing to admit it.  Like I said, there’s absolutely nothing stopping people paying or donating all their spare cash.  Every single one of you walks past homeless people all the time and you don’t give them money.  You don’t feel guilty walking past someone who could literally freeze to death that night.  How do I live with myself, well, exactly the same way you do when you walk past that homeless guy.  But I don’t pontificate about it.  

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The state of Rico’s posts from last night. He’s obviously just come off the Breitbart forum saying “I’m going to spend an hour wining up the commies on that football forum I go on”.

It was a meeting, we were telling Rachel and Tracy what to post. 

8 hours ago, Teasmaid said:

We’re currently trying to flog our business and Labour’s proposed abolition of entrepreneurs’ relief means we’ll pay 50% tax on the sale price instead of the current 10%. That’s an obscene amount of money, but I would still give my right arm to have Jeremy Corbyn as PM. There is literally nothing that money could buy that I would want more than a Labour victory. 

Great post, good luck with the sale.

8 hours ago, Teasmaid said:

So he wasn’t earning £250k a year then?  

and there’s absolutely nothing stopping you donating the extra cash to Labour. Is there? Or homeless charities?