You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Here’s a reason for not supporting the manifesto;

I don’t want to pay any more tax.  The people I’ve observed are hostile to me and people like me.  

If you're earning £100k a year you'll pay an extra £19.50 a week 

If you're earning £80k you'll pay a whopping £0 

Brexit has already cost you a whole lot more and it'll only get worse and more expensive

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

If you're earning £100k a year you'll pay an extra £19.50 a week 

Yep. That’s more.  And that’s this year. This is the ‘selling phase’.  It’s going to be more isn’t it? I’m sure* you are all lovely people but I don’t want to give you my money. Sorry. 

*I know you aren’t 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Yep. That’s more.  And that’s this year. This is the ‘selling phase’.  It’s going to be more isn’t it? I’m sure* you are all lovely people but I don’t want to give you my money. Sorry. 

*I know you aren’t 

Meanwhile Brexit has cost you £29 per week and it hasn't even happened yet

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Can I refer you to my views on Brexit?  Regular viewers will be aware. 

Your views are immaterial

In this election you have a choice of voting for a hard Brexit with all the costs, dangers and misery it'll bring

Or paying an extra £19.50 on a £100k and a decent shout on killing Brexit dead

Cognitive dissonance

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Your views are immaterial

In this election you have a choice of voting for a hard Brexit with all the costs, dangers and misery it'll bring

Or paying an extra £19.50 on a £100k and a decent shout on killing Brexit dead

Cognitive dissonance

Woooo. 

You’re assuming everyone else votes the same way as they done. 

4 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's galling when you realise that the US are impeaching their president for colluding with a foreign power, and here we are, with a government working with Russia, and we're told to fuck off and stop being poor, it's our fault, and we should be proud to have our children fingered by the Royal family. 

These bastards are ripping the piss out of us.  Michael Gove should be dragged behind a horse through Whitechapel.  If someone bagged up his remains I'd pay for a bag of them, and I'd take it to a witchdoctor to curse his family forever. 

Su-fucking-perb.

We’re currently trying to flog our business and Labour’s proposed abolition of entrepreneurs’ relief means we’ll pay 50% tax on the sale price instead of the current 10%. That’s an obscene amount of money, but I would still give my right arm to have Jeremy Corbyn as PM. There is literally nothing that money could buy that I would want more than a Labour victory. 

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Lying that I don't know her? I've only ever heard of her off this forum. I've genuinely no idea who she is, aside from clearly being a Corbyn hater who'd fucking get it. 

I have heard of her and indeed seen her on Countdown, and as I've never found her the least bit attractive I have no qualms in expressing my absolute disdain for her now.  Even before this Corbyn business I could barely stand the sight and sound of her. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t want to pay any more tax.  The people I’ve observed are hostile to me and people like me.  

Is this a serious post or trolling? 

"The people I've observed" makes it sound so shallow that it reads as a pastiche of the persona you like to portray. 

If serious (hopefully not), which "people" is it that you speak of? 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you the CEO of that gas company you work for?

Also, of course, anyone who says "I'm happy that rough-sleepers die in the street as long as I get to keep every last penny of my £100k salary" is not a nice person: it's morally sound to be hostile to them.

29 minutes ago, Teasmaid said:

We’re currently trying to flog our business and Labour’s proposed abolition of entrepreneurs’ relief means we’ll pay 50% tax on the sale price instead of the current 10%. That’s an obscene amount of money, but I would still give my right arm to have Jeremy Corbyn as PM. There is literally nothing that money could buy that I would want more than a Labour victory. 

This isn’t going to win me any friends....but you lucked out meeting a rich bloke who fancied you.  That’s not the norm, big tits or not. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Are you the CEO of that gas company you work for?

Also, of course, anyone who says "I'm happy that rough-sleepers die in the street as long as I get to keep every last penny of my £100k salary" is not a nice person: it's morally sound to be hostile to them.

Nope. 

I didn’t say that either.

remember that you are free to give  all your spare cash to the poor people you walk past. But you don’t. 

• Downvote 1