You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

20 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Sold their souls. What, exactly, does that mean? What, exactly, are you talking about? Which agreements, which policies, etc; what exactly was the details of this Faustian pact? But yes, winning support of influential media publications is important.  

I’ve heard this ‘pressure on the government about policies’ thing. Firstly, which policies? Also, in what way will it impact a Johnson-led Tory majority? The reality is we will likely have a Tory government with Tory policies. Again. 

A few people have already answered the first part of this. Just to add that yes it's important to have influential media publications, that's what Labour have now with Momentum, but If Blair hadn't have sided with Murdoch, and had rained them in a bit, then this would have made Brexit less likely. 

As for pressure on the government about policies, only yesterday Johnson had to backtrack on putting corporation tax down to save money for the NHS, yet Tories always say that putting corporation tax down actually brings in more money. 

Also in April this year the Government had to bring the maximum stake from £100 a spin to £2 on FOBT'S in betting shops. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

This bit is pointless. Asking Fake News Swinson what she'll do if she becomes PM. 

It's like asking me what position I'd play Mo Salah in to accommodate the signing of Messi when I become Liverpool manager. 

Its like asking SD a straight question.