You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

10 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Corbyn needs to bring up Russia and Johnson's "model" girlfriend on Tuesday. 

Jennifer Arcuri says Boris Johnson 'cast me aside like some gremlin'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50450167

During the interview to be aired later, Ms Arcuri addressed the now prime minister directly, saying: "I've been nothing but loyal, faithful, supportive, and a true confidante of yours.

"I've kept your secrets, and I've been your friend.

"And I don't understand why you've blocked me and ignored me as if I was some fleeting one-night stand or some girl that you picked up at a bar because I wasn't - and you know that.

"And I'm terribly heartbroken by the way that you have cast me aside like I am some gremlin."

24 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The. Latest. Survation. Poll. Is. Quite. Depressing. 

I said that the next one would be worse but I didn’t think it would be as bad as this.

We’re fucked aren’t we?

As I said in the Epstein thread, someone in work today said that the girl making the accusation Is “just as guilty” as Prince Andrew.

Someone else suggested the Trump impeachment is a witch hunt.

This is what we’re up against.

Just now, SasaS said:

They are saying it's not comparable with previous polls, it shows the effect of pacts on total number of votes. With most of the Brexit votes probably going to the Conservatives, there should be a rise in their overall support.

Yeah they listed the parties and candidates standing for each seat as opposed to just listing all parties.

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

What is?

I’ve gone to the opposite of my foolish  doom mongering. Now I’m ignoring anything negative. Seriously, I’ve no ability to change anything, I can’t even be bothered to respond to the absolutely ludicrous post about comparative popularity made by AoT. What’s the point? I’m just going to let it wash over me and pretend it’s alllll good.

I haven’t seen the poll numbers, but I’m resigned to Labour not getting a majority and not getting more seats than the Tories. I’m moving on. We are going to have a Tory government, we are leaving Europe in a way that means things are going to get worse for those in need, the NHS will be under threat, and I suspect Labour will choose somebody hideous like Rebecca Long-Bailey to pick up the baton. 

So, ya know, fuck it. Don’t worry, be happy. Cause every little thing... 

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’ve gone to the opposite of my foolish  doom mongering. Now I’m ignoring anything negative. Seriously, I’ve no ability to change anything, I can’t even be bothered to respond to the absolutely ludicrous post about comparative popularity made by AoT. What’s the point? I’m just going to let it wash over me and pretend it’s alllll good.

I haven’t seen the poll numbers, but I’m resigned to Labour not getting a majority and not getting more seats than the Tories. I’m moving on. We are going to have a Tory government, we are leaving Europe in a way that means things are going to get worse for those in need, the NHS will be under threat, and I suspect Labour will choose somebody hideous like Rebecca Long-Bailey to pick up the baton. 

So, ya know, fuck it. Don’t worry, be happy. Cause every little thing... 

So you won't be posting in this thread again? 

1 hour ago, Denny Crane said:

This is the Survation poll. The Brexit vote is strong in this one. 

That's just grim, no doubt Corbyn did well in 2017 but he was facing T. May as his opponent, Brexit wasn't seen as the issue it is now, Labour were seen as a safe harbour for remainers and I hate to say that BJ is far more effective at building his core vote. Still three weeks to go so here's hoping....

21 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That post about doubling of support vs 1997 to 2015 Labour. It was a Stronts special. But honestly, I’m retired from making long posts on the GF to ‘win’ an internet debate. It just doesn’t matter. 

giphy.gif