You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Read some stuff about upcoming technology making fibre to the house obsolete in the next decade today. Anybody got info on that?

I can’t see how it ever becomes obsolete, fuck all travels faster than the speed of light, the only hindrances on transfer speed are the terminating interfaces and congestion on the line. Plus a fixed line guarantee is always going to be preferable to wireless, which makes a good backup and is useful for travelling. We still don’t Uber’s stand all the services that can be provided across hi-speed connectivity.

3 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

I can’t see how it ever becomes obsolete, fuck all travels faster than the speed of light, the only hindrances on transfer speed are the terminating interfaces and congestion on the line. Plus a fixed line guarantee is always going to be preferable to wireless, which makes a good backup and is useful for travelling. We still don’t Uber’s stand all the services that can be provided across hi-speed connectivity.

They don't have a stand mate. Thats whats unique about Uber. You just get them on the app. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I flew with them in December to Bali and back, and it was really really good.

We’ve used them consistently over the last 15 years,, travelling home at average once a year and the service has gone downhill. Compared to BA or qantas they are still better, but they were shitloads better. We used to be able to get the odd upgrade with miles, started getting much more difficult, the inflight service used to be booze all the way and back, now it’s like getting a free bevy out of Rico.

John Curtice says there is a 66% chance of the Tories getting a majority.

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/107986/chances-labour-majority-almost-zero-claims

One of my mates works in Stoke and says Labour are finished there. They've turned on both of their Labour MP's and only care about Brexit.

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/107986/chances-labour-majority-almost-zero-claims

One of my mates works in Stoke and says Labour are finished there. They've turned on both of their Labour MP's and only care about Brexit.

We should have a referendum on nuking Stoke again. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Shocked. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It's like nobody has considered Johnson's deal and the fact it is nothing more than Brexit in name only. They also forget that after a deal is agreed the transition period begins, a whole year of fucking about again, probably a lot longer as it will be extended the same as getting a Brexit deal agreed was. Then you have to factor in a pissed off NI and the Scots who would want another referendum, Wales thereafter? Even the Tories could end up binning Brexit in the end, or going with a shit deal that nobody wants. Who will the wankers in places like Stoke blame then? 

I do wonder if purely from a strategical point of view Labour should have offered a referendum on Remain vs Leaving with no deal?

I know it's very high risk, but I think it could have won them the election, as it kills off anybody voting for the Brexit Party and would still get a similar amount of Remain voters?

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's like nobody has considered Johnson's deal and the fact it is nothing more than Brexit in name only. They also forget that after a deal is agreed the transition period begins, a whole year of fucking about again, probably a lot longer as it will be extended the same as getting a Brexit deal agreed was. Then you have to factor in a pissed off NI and the Scots who would want another referendum, Wales thereafter? Even the Tories could end up binning Brexit in the end, or going with a shit deal that nobody wants. Who will the wankers in places like Stoke blame then? 

Remoaners probably?

I could see another big split in the Tories at the end of 2020 with the ERG pushing to leave with no deal and some remain Tories only supporting the deal? I don't think there will be many remain orientated Tory MP's this time though?

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I do wonder if purely from a strategical point of view Labour should have offered a referendum on Remain vs Leaving with no deal?

I know it's very high risk, but I think it could have won them the election, as it kills off anybody voting for the Brexit Party and would still get a similar amount of Remain voters?

Not after repeating the line of getting a no deal Brexit off the table before doing anything else.

Would be suicide.

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Remoaners probably?

I could see another big split in the Tories at the end of 2020 with the ERG pushing to leave with no deal and some remain Tories only supporting the deal? I don't think there will be many remain orientated Tory MP's this time though?

That is the main issue mate. People think voting Tory guarantees a Brexit, it doesn't. It just guarantees more party squabbling as the Uk can't get the Unicorn deal they want. 

6 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Quite a few people on here use the cliche Corbyn couldn't win an election. There hasn't been much discussion on how Labour being considered being anti-brexit makes it a very uphill task with anybody as leader. It's almost if Corbyn hadn't been leader Brexit would have disappeared. Labour are the only party who are going against the total number of constituencies who voted a particular way on Brexit. This in comparison to the parties below. 

All seats won by the Scottish National Party and the Green Party, and a majority of the seats won by the Liberal Democrats and Plaid Cymru, voted to Remain. 

Labour are fucked regardless of these policy's and the broadband one is a divisive one anyway. This is a one issue election, brexit. Remain vote will be far more diluted than the brexit vote. With stubborn leaders who probably would rather a Tory government and brexit than work together. Scotland will vote SNP though fuck knows why because it's not like they will have enough power on their own to call for a referendum on independence, but I guess their just sick of English shite and a Labour party that took them for granted.

5 years of Boris and the crypt kickers directing the long term future of this country. I can't even fuck off because freedom of movement will end. Im in a dimension where the bad guys always win.

8 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

We’ve used them consistently over the last 15 years,, travelling home at average once a year and the service has gone downhill. Compared to BA or qantas they are still better, but they were shitloads better. We used to be able to get the odd upgrade with miles, started getting much more difficult, the inflight service used to be booze all the way and back, now it’s like getting a free bevy out of Rico.

The bar is lovely too.  Although it’s a bit vulgar having to mention you’re from first class to make sure you get the Dom rather than Verve.  

34 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The bar is lovely too.  Although it’s a bit vulgar having to mention you’re from first class to make sure you get the Dom rather than Verve.  

Veuve you daft Tory twat!

i have travelled business and used the bar, paying myself rather than on a jolly, however the point stands, it’s gone downhill.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Veuve you daft Tory twat!

i have travelled business and used the bar, paying myself rather than on a jolly, however the point stands, it’s gone downhill.

Never flew business on an A380, but apparently it is amazing. My folks kindly upgraded my flight back to London for my wife and I, as a wedding gift, on Garuda in August last year. Whilst I thought it was very nice, I don’t think I’ll ever actually pay for it myself. We’re stopping over to see them for a week or so on our way down to Melbourne in January. Tempted to ask if I could use their points to upgrade for my last leg. However, in all likelihood it’d be wasted on me. I’m not the best of flyers and every single time we hit turbulence I get heart palpitations. So really, I’ve been ‘knocked out’ for at least half of the journey on most long haul flights I’ve been on in the past 5 years at least, with the help of a rather lovely cocktail of wine and xanax.

• Upvote 1