You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Denny Crane said:

So it begins sending your first- born to... 

Screenshot-20191115-195010.jpg

Only the kids that come from underprivileged families though. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Bjornebye said:

victorian-kids-3-e1466492131916.jpg?w=46

How long before someone comes along with the bright idea of using old buildings as workhouses for the poor? Pick fruit and veg and you can have bed and board and a damned good shaming, and the odd bumming by toffs in a top hat. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

How long before someone comes along with the bright idea of using old buildings as workhouses for the poor? Pick fruit and veg and you can have bed and board and a damned good shaming, and the odd bumming by toffs in a top hat. 

That is the Gove/Rees-Mogg/Johnson dream. They can't understand why its still not 1837. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

That is the Gove/Rees-Mogg/Johnson dream. They can't understand why its still not 1837. 

2037 could be similar at the rate things are going. 

I have fibre broadband at home, provided by Virgin and it’s fucking shit. I pay £40 a month and apparently get 100mb but it goes down all the time and I often just turn my wifi off and use my data.

I have no option to switch because BT fibre isn’t available here.

When I go abroad, the general connectivity of data, whether it be wifi or 4g, is miles better than it is here.

It needs sorting and you obviously can’t trust the Tories or the private sector to do it.

22 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I have fibre broadband at home, provided by Virgin and it’s fucking shit. I pay £40 a month and apparently get 100mb but it goes down all the time and I often just turn my wifi off and use my data.

I have no option to switch because BT fibre isn’t available here.

When I go abroad, the general connectivity of data, whether it be wifi or 4g, is miles better than it is here.

It needs sorting and you obviously can’t trust the Tories or the private sector to do it.

Guess I must be one of the lucky ones, as I have Virgin too and I just clocked my speed at 266 Mb/s.

19 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Much faster broadband for all would also help with improving the environment as it would mean more people would be able to work from home. 

Out of interest, what professions? Considering 60% of the country has Virgin and 97% has super fast already, what is stopping people now? Not saying it won’t BTW, just interested in what is currently unable to be done right now?

43 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Jesus christ they were fucking thick. Boris johnson would step over them if they were dying in the street. 

If you met any of these pricks on holiday you'd want to kick their heads in within 2 minutes. 

In the Maldives? 

So it’s not the poor people, it s the poor people who agree with you. Ok. 

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Yes, it's currently 10% FTTH- which will give giga bit speeds. I'm surprised at the figure for over 100 Mbps, presumably that's pretty much all Virgin- if so, I didn't realise they had that much coverage.

FTTH is capable of much more than 1GIG, jut needs the cost of interfaces to come down, and the tech to keep improving

1 minute ago, arthur friedenreich said:

FTTH is capable of much more than 1GIG, jut needs the cost of interfaces to come down, and the tech to keep improving

Read some stuff about upcoming technology making fibre to the house obsolete in the next decade today. Anybody got info on that?

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, sorry to hear yours sucks mate. I’d be on to the fuckers to sort it or fuck them off. 

Fuck them off to get 12mb with Sky for a similar price which will be equally shit?

They’re preaching to the converted with this policy mate. Broadband is fucking shite in this country, unless you’re lucky to be one of the 8%.

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Fuck them off to get 12mb with Sky for a similar price which will be equally shit?

They’re preaching to the converted with this policy mate. Broadband is fucking shite in this country, unless you’re lucky to be one of the 8%.

I’m not part of that 8% and mine is mental. I don’t know where you live but if your choice is between fucked and shite, then I don’t think you’re representative of the 92% of others who aren’t FTTH