You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Does standing a candidate in Canterbury make Brexit more or less likely?

Just now, Duff Man said:

And the Lib Dems have ruled out working with Labour under Corbyn, so why would they stand aside?

I don't think it will be decisive in Canterbury. Whoever we stand in Canterbury will do very little work there and have very little impact on Duffield's vote.

The Lib Dems spoke to Labour (among others) about standing aside in mutually agreed seats and they weren't interested.

Won't Labour standing a candidate in, for example, Cheltenham, harm the Lib Dems chances there?

This whole "you should stand aside for us, but we won't stand aside for you" thing is utter bollocks.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I didn't pass English until I was 15.

Nevertheless, I was rather hoping for some sort of evidence to support your claim.

Its not uncommon for people to pass GCSE's early. They are a piece of piss anyway so get over yourself you soft cunt. 

Do you not listen to her speeches and waffle? Read her tweets? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Its not uncommon for people to pass GCSE's early. They are a piece of piss anyway so get over yourself you soft cunt. 

Do you not listen to her speeches and waffle? Read her tweets? 

I've read her tweets and listened to her speeches, which is why I can't recall her saying anything like what you are claiming.

The 'rhetoric' in this article alone suggests she would rather Brexit than Corbyn as leader. She has zero chance of becoming prime-minister which rules out her 'desire' to pull Brexit. The best option for no Brexit is a labour win which with a Labour/Yellow Tory pact would pretty much guarantee a second referendum with a likely remain victory. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jo-swinson-corbyn-general-election-brexit-referendum-coalition-a9185896.html

Show me again where I was lying SD? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The 'rhetoric' in this article alone suggests she would rather Brexit than Corbyn as leader. She has zero chance of becoming prime-minister which rules out her 'desire' to pull Brexit. The best option for no Brexit is a labour win which with a Labour/Yellow Tory pact would pretty much guarantee a second referendum with a likely remain victory. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jo-swinson-corbyn-general-election-brexit-referendum-coalition-a9185896.html

Show me again where I was lying SD? 

That just says she won't vote to make him PM. Nothing there about preferring Brexit to Corbyn.

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The Lib Dems have to be seen as attacking Corbyn to try and convince Tory remainders it's ok to vote for them.

Jo Swinsons little swipe at Corbyn and Labour today, using something so horrible as a tool to discredit pretty much sums her up. It is actually vile.