You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I think the out vote is far greater than people on here acknowledge but that's just my own opinion.

I thought the Tom Watson lead push for labour to go full remain would be a disaster and it's looking that way. The EU are hated (legitimately) in working class areas.

Are they fuck. 4 years ago no one gave a fuck.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Gnasher has turned full Tory, blaming proletarian woes on immigrants and letting exploitative employers off. Wow.

I don4 blame immigrants at all. All reports seem to confirm that it's the settled immigrants that suffer most (along with the poor and the working class) from mass immigration.

I have no issue in paying an extra 50p or whatever  for a punet of strawberrys if it allowed an immigrant to earn a fair wage.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I don4 blame immigrants at all. All reports seem to confirm that it's the settled immigrants that suffer most (along with the poor and the working class) from mass immigration.

I have no issue in paying an extra 50p or whatever  for a punet of strawberrys if it allowed an immigrant to earn a fair wage.

You are basically taking your own views and pretending like the whole of the uk apart from a few on here feel the same. 

19 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

See how weighting can impact polls.

This is the key to the election, getting the young vote out there. I do find it hard to believe that only 10% of 18-24 year olds will vote however. From my own limited experience here in the University, the level of interest in the election among the students is pretty high. Coupled with the amount of new registrations since the election was called, I think a 10pt Tory lead may be a tad misleading (fingers crossed).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50397856

Hospitals 'imploding' as waits at worst-ever level

More patients than ever before are on hospital waiting lists in England and delays in A&E have hit their worst level since records began.

The target to start cancer treatment within 62 days of an urgent referral is also being missed.

The monthly statistics are the worst since targets were introduced, over a decade ago, prompting doctors to warn the system was "imploding".

None of the three key hospital targets has been met for over three years.

The figures show:

4.42 million patients on the waiting list

84.8% of them waiting under 18 weeks - below the 92% target

83.6% of accident-and-emergency patients admitted or transferred within four hours - below the 95% target

76.9% of cancer patients starting treatment within 62 days - below the 85% target

You have to admire the Tories response;

"These figures show just how important it is that we stop Jeremy Corbyn...

With rising demand, and with dedicated staff already working exceptionally hard, the last thing our NHS can afford is Labour's plans for a four-day week and uncontrolled and unlimited immigration, which would cripple our health service

- leaving it understaffed and underfunded,"

The Tory strategy basically seems to lie and exaggerate the fear of and only talk about Labour policies. They either don't have any of their own or are scared of how bad they are and how bad their record is. 

The above is a perfect example.

8 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50397856

Hospitals 'imploding' as waits at worst-ever level

More patients than ever before are on hospital waiting lists in England and delays in A&E have hit their worst level since records began.

The target to start cancer treatment within 62 days of an urgent referral is also being missed.

The monthly statistics are the worst since targets were introduced, over a decade ago, prompting doctors to warn the system was "imploding".

None of the three key hospital targets has been met for over three years.

The figures show:

4.42 million patients on the waiting list

84.8% of them waiting under 18 weeks - below the 92% target

83.6% of accident-and-emergency patients admitted or transferred within four hours - below the 95% target

76.9% of cancer patients starting treatment within 62 days - below the 85% target

You have to admire the Tories response;

"These figures show just how important it is that we stop Jeremy Corbyn...

With rising demand, and with dedicated staff already working exceptionally hard, the last thing our NHS can afford is Labour's plans for a four-day week and uncontrolled and unlimited immigration, which would cripple our health service

- leaving it understaffed and underfunded,"

The Tory strategy basically seems to lie and exaggerate the fear of and only talk about Labour policies. They either don't have any of their own or are scared of how bad they are and how bad their record is. 

The above is a perfect example.

" Well, if we didn't inherit such a mess from the last Labour government..." 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is set to face a small crowd of protestors at an event in Glastonbury. 

That's if he turns up. Rumours abound that he's going to swerve it. 

If so, who's the chicken again?? 

He doesn't want to meet the plebs. He was forced to yesterday and it showed how bad he is with people who don't suck up to him. 

Even during this campaign, the media are not allowed to say where he is going. Truly a man of the people. 

14 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

He doesn't want to meet the plebs. He was forced to yesterday and it showed how bad he is with people who don't suck up to him. 

Even during this campaign, the media are not allowed to say where he is going. Truly a man of the people. 

They won't wheel him out unless the polls start going badly. 

So little said by any of the opposition parties about his lies, corruption and manipulation of the police and media is gaining any traction. It's truly shocking. 

Whenever I see this horrible cunt on TV all I hear is her bleating "but I'm politically omeless"

Looks like she's found her spiritual home then...

I know Sugar , Brady and the baldy one are cunts but it's eerily coincidental that a TV show can produce so many

Apprentice winner Michelle Dewberry to stand for Parliament

A winner of The Apprentice television programme is to stand for Parliament in the upcoming general election.

Michelle Dewberry is running as an independent in the Hull West and Hessle constituency.

The Hull-born business consultant was chosen as the winner of the 2006 series by Sir Alan Sugar.

Labour's Alan Johnson announced he was stepping down as an MP at the election after holding the seat for almost 20 years.

Ms Dewberry said she was providing an alternative to voters who supported the UK leaving Europe, but did not support other Conservative policies.

"As a Brexiteer, I will give these voters an option of supporting the Tory Brexit, without the compromise of the other policies and to truly stand for Hull and Hessle's needs," she said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-39810250

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is set to face a small crowd of protestors at an event in Glastonbury. 

That's if he turns up. Rumours abound that he's going to swerve it. 

If so, who's the chicken again?? 

Apparently "Johnson had to abandon" an event due to possible protests. 

Unable to defend their record just want to be allowed to tell lies.

Elsewhere on the election campaign trail:

Guest Pistonbroke
13 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Whenever I see this horrible cunt on TV all I hear is her bleating "but I'm politically omeless"

Looks like she's found her spiritual home then...

I know Sugar , Brady and the baldy one are cunts but it's eerily coincidental that a TV show can produce so many

Apprentice winner Michelle Dewberry to stand for Parliament

A winner of The Apprentice television programme is to stand for Parliament in the upcoming general election.

Michelle Dewberry is running as an independent in the Hull West and Hessle constituency.

The Hull-born business consultant was chosen as the winner of the 2006 series by Sir Alan Sugar.

Labour's Alan Johnson announced he was stepping down as an MP at the election after holding the seat for almost 20 years.

Ms Dewberry said she was providing an alternative to voters who supported the UK leaving Europe, but did not support other Conservative policies.

"As a Brexiteer, I will give these voters an option of supporting the Tory Brexit, without the compromise of the other policies and to truly stand for Hull and Hessle's needs," she said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-39810250

Didn't this bint stand as an independent in the last election and things didn't go so well for her?

Edit: That article is also a bit misleading. It says she'll be running as an independent again whereas other media outlets are saying she's running as a Brexit Party candidate. 

38 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Genuinely don't think they give a fuck about stopping Brexit (not at that level of the party, anyway). In fact they're probably quite glad it came along, as it's been incredibly useful in 'remain-washing' their role in the absolute horror show that is the last 9 years of British politics.

12 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Genuinely don't think they give a fuck about stopping Brexit (not at that level of the party, anyway). In fact they're probably quite glad it came along, as it's been incredibly useful in 'remain-washing' their part in the absolute horror show that is the last 9 years of British politics.

Ignoring most of the abject nonsense in this post and focusing only on your initial claim, why is it incumbent upon the Lib Dems to unilaterally stand down where they've not been competitive? Let alone for a party who we don't even know are for or against Brexit, and who voted against a second referendum in parliament.

It should never be forgotten that the Lib Dems wanted to make a deal where each stood down in selected seats, and Labour rejected it.

• Downvote 1