You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Fair fucks to him. 

Shame the party doesn't care about Brexit;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50398820

Mr Walker said the Lib Dems had tried to do a deal with Labour over the seat, and when that failed he made the decision himself to stand down.

The Lib Dems told the BBC they will be selecting a new candidate to contest the Kent constituency.

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

EJMJt30XkAAhtIg?format=png&name=small

Fella I work with said he refuses to vote for Labour because Corbyn is a "protest politician" who votes down any tory policy. 

So he dislikes the fact that the leader of the opposition is stopping the tories having free reign to do as they wish.

22 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Fella I work with said he refuses to vote for Labour because Corbyn is a "protest politician" who votes down any tory policy. 

So he dislikes the fact that the leader of the opposition is stopping the tories having free reign to do as they wish.

Well somebody has got to do it as no one else is going to.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Good man. Bishop Auckland is where I was born and went to School, more fool the BBC for interviewing people in a safe Labour seat. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Good man. Bishop Auckland is where I was born and went to School, more fool the BBC for interviewing people in a safe Labour seat. 

They were saying it might no longer be safe labour because apparently it was heavily leave in the referendum. Is that were you're from mate yeah? No wonder you moved to Dachau. 

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They were saying it might no longer be safe labour because apparently it was heavily leave in the referendum. Is that were you're from mate yeah? No wonder you moved to Dachau. 

I was only born in the hospital, the same one as Bob paisley in fact, before they demolished it shortly after my birth. I also went to secondary school there. Only been back there a few times in the proceeding 39 years. I'm not surprised they voted for Brexit whatsoever, although it has been a safe labour seat for the best part of a century you never know with the Brexit party. The Tories won't do well. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I was only born in the hospital, the same one as Bob paisley in fact, before they demolished it shortly after my birth. I also went to secondary school there. Only been back there a few times in the proceeding 39 years. I'm not surprised they voted for Brexit whatsoever, although it has been a safe labour seat for the best part of a century you never know with the Brexit party. The Tories won't do well. 

The hospital wasn't run by nuns and demolished after being partially destroyed in an inexplicable fire, was it?

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
28 minutes ago, Mudface said:

The hospital wasn't run by nuns and demolished after being partially destroyed in an inexplicable fire, was it?

It was called 'Durham Western' and was in Bishop Auckland mate. It wasn't the main hospital from what I remember, that was the General Hospital which was renamed after they upgraded the Bishop Auckland Infirmary in the late 40's. My mother was a Catholic and I'm sure she said it was run by Nuns (hence the fact it wasn't the main Hospital) and that it was demolished after Arson...I mean an inexplicable fire shortly after I was born in August 64. 

OK, need to be serious in case people don't get that I'm playing along with the joke.....

It was the the Hospital in Bishop Auckland, and I haven't got a clue about the history of the hospital. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Isn't it up for sale ? I'm sure I read it was and Trump was mentioned as a possible buyer.

I also read that the Barclay brothers were looking to sell it. Wasn't that Bezos from Amazon interested?