You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is it possible to block websites so I can't look at them anymore. If I keep calling Boris a cunt on the daily mail it's only a matter of time before some Russian plutonium comes my way. Besides it's grim.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daily-mail-blocker/ghjadbffkapbnlbccfjoljfhgolbofhi?hl=en-GB

Yikes 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/12/revealed-conservative-councillors-islamophobic-social-media?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Twenty-five sitting and former Conservative councillors have been exposed for posting Islamophobic and racist material on social media, according to a dossier obtained by the Guardian that intensifies the row over anti-Muslim sentiment in the party.

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yikes 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/12/revealed-conservative-councillors-islamophobic-social-media?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Twenty-five sitting and former Conservative councillors have been exposed for posting Islamophobic and racist material on social media, according to a dossier obtained by the Guardian that intensifies the row over anti-Muslim sentiment in the party.

Not to mention the prime minister being a hateful racist bastard 

19 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

You wouldn't know this from the tub-thumping coverage by our media and some of our psychopath warmongers in politics. 

Who are the the 2% of people thinking Britain and France were wrong to declare war on Germany in 1939, or 17% that are not sure it was right?

Makes me feel a bit more positive seeing that!

Another potential seat for Labour;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-members-split-5050-letting-20862909

This is the Tory MP that represents my hometown. 

In the Summer of 2018 it emerged that he had been sending lude messages to two barmaids and offering to pay them for sex. His wife was 7 months pregnant at the time. 

If he is allowed to stand again, there is absolutely no chance he will win. This is in a town that voted 65% to leave and The Brexit Party Candidate has been campaigning there since August! After being bombed out by Farage, he has now turned round and publicly said he will support whichever candidate has the most chance of beating Andrew Griffiths, irregardless of their parties views on Brexit!    

On a recent poll on facebook for the area 92% said that they wouldn't vote for him at the next election based on just over 1000 votes.

Did anyone just see the Tory party political broadcast that was on after their news programme on BBC? 

Fuck me. It was woeful. Following Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson around an office while he made a cup of tea (he left the bag in), asking him what his favourite food was and his favourite band (The Clash or The Rolling Stones - yeah, right!) plus him letting on to the token Asian he passed in the corridor. 

Plus, full of lies, including how Parliament allegedly blocked his Brexit deal. 

It was awful. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Did anyone just see the Tory party political broadcast that was on after their news programme on BBC? 

Fuck me. It was woeful. Following Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson around an office while he made a cup of tea (he left the bag in), asking him what his favourite food was and his favourite band (The Clash or The Rolling Stones - yeah, right!) plus him letting on to the token Asian he passed in the corridor. 

Plus, full of lies, including how Parliament allegedly blocked his Brexit deal. 

It was awful. 

I am delighted I didn't see it. Just reading that has made me angry. 

Lib Dem candidate unilaterally stands down in Canterbury. 

Labour had a majority of 187 at 2017 election. LD got 4500.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/12/lib-dem-candidate-stands-aside-to-avoid-nightmare-of-tory-win

The Liberal Democrat candidate in a marginal Labour seat has unilaterally decided to stand down, saying that while the two parties could not agree on a pact he wanted to avoid the “nightmare” of handing the constituency back to the Conservatives.

In an article for the Guardian, Tim Walker said that while he did not trust Jeremy Corbyn on Brexit, he wanted to give Rosie Duffield, the Labour candidate who took Canterbury from the Tories for the first time in 2017 by just 187 votes, the best chance of winning.

23 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The labour party is fucked. It's going to go like Scotland, a non enmity. The confusion over its Brexit stance ( Corbyn was right to pledge to acknowledge the result of the referendum) and the bogus anti Semite nonsense ( Corbyn innocent)  has plunged a dagger to it's heart. The labour party is about to get fucking hammered. I'm gutted.

Who'd have thought it might affect Labour and ordinary people eh?  A right wing project (Brexit), built on right wing idealogy and propaganda, controlled by a hard right government and supported by a right wing press. 

Who'd have fucking thought it? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Lib Dem candidate unilaterally stands down in Canterbury. 

Labour had a majority of 187 at 2017 election. LD got 4500.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/12/lib-dem-candidate-stands-aside-to-avoid-nightmare-of-tory-win

The Liberal Democrat candidate in a marginal Labour seat has unilaterally decided to stand down, saying that while the two parties could not agree on a pact he wanted to avoid the “nightmare” of handing the constituency back to the Conservatives.

In an article for the Guardian, Tim Walker said that while he did not trust Jeremy Corbyn on Brexit, he wanted to give Rosie Duffield, the Labour candidate who took Canterbury from the Tories for the first time in 2017 by just 187 votes, the best chance of winning.

Fair fucks to him.