You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Labour had the same invitation as everyone else to join Unite to Remain with the Lib Dems, Greens and Plaid Cymru. The only conditions were a commitment to support Remain, the intention to implement electoral reform and being willing to stand down. Labour weren't interested and that bird has flown.

I think the idea of teaming up with the Lib-Dems made them vomit violently. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I think the idea of teaming up with the Lib-Dems made them vomit violently. 

How very odd, we don't seem to have that effect on them in Cumbria, Broxtowe, Colchester, Eden, Stroud or Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole, where we are in coalition at local level.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

How very odd, we don't seem to have that effect on them in Cumbria, Broxtowe, Colchester, Eden, Stroud or Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole, where we are in coalition at local level.

I couldn't give a flying fuck mate. 

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What sort of storage system do they have for their footage, where you reach for yesterday's footage and get something 3 years old?

It was in the system because they used the older footage in preview material before the ceremony.

6 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I think the is a portion of the electorate every bit as gullible as the target audience trump goes after. The big difference here is this isn't a presidential run off, so the press will want a view other than Johnson's for the Tories and they will start to undermine each other. 

yeah fair enough, yet the BBC - chief amongst others - seem to be doing everything they can to facilitate the fucking threeway Terry Scott, Maggie Thatcher,  Saville love child 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What sort of storage system do they have for their footage, where you reach for yesterday's footage and get something 3 years old?

A former producer on twitter says you have to actually apply to the archive department for earlier footage, so they knew full well what they were doing.

21 minutes ago, Anubis said:

A former producer on twitter says you have to actually apply to the archive department for earlier footage, so they knew full well what they were doing.

It seems a lot of risk and effort for a pretty insignificant gain if it was deliberate.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Apparently he looked a right pissed up scruffy state in the real footage. 

If the real footage is what you can find on the Internet, it really doesn't seem worth the trouble. Corbyn apparently doesn't bow low enough. All this sometimes feels like Japan in the middle of the Edo period with the ritualized speeches by court officials. 

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Labour had the same invitation as everyone else to join Unite to Remain with the Lib Dems, Greens and Plaid Cymru. The only conditions were a commitment to support Remain, the intention to implement electoral reform and being willing to stand down. Labour weren't interested and that bird has flown.

The problem with this is that remain parties would have to win an election first to be able to do this.

406 Constituencies voted to leave, 247 were Conservative. I know some of the leave seats were only marginal and some people will have died, and some peoples opinion's will have changed etc, but how to do you get 325ish seats in parliament for remain parties? The only reason we haven't left yet is because May made such a big fuck up of it! 

I don't see how there is any possible way to win this election now for Remain? Labour's best move now, would be to offer their own deal vs ...no deal I'm sorry to say. 

If Brexit is going to happen, and now it almost certainly is, I would rather do it under Labour than under those cunts.    

42 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Isn't the danger for the Tories that their more reasonable remain voters will look at the Lib Dems now rather than get lumbered with a Tory/Brexit Party hybrid? I don't think his announcement makes much of a difference unless the Tories stand down in some of these seats.

The Brexit Party not standing in Tory seats eliminates any chance of Labour had of getting the most seats. 

I'm sure the Lib Dems will take some strong remain Seats off the Tories, but The Brexit Party will split the vote in huge number of Leave areas and let the Tories in.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nick Boles is a slanderous lying cunt. 

I think that article reflects the thoughts of a very large percentage of the country. In the last week I have talked to 2 people who told me they won't vote because their seats are labour/Tory fights and they can't bring themselves to vote for either. There's no getting away from it in my mind, it's a massive fuckup for labour going into this election with Corbyn. 

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

That article might have had some credibility if it wasn't written by somebody that hadn't been voting for 9 years of austerity alongside the honourable Jo Swinson, his choice of PM, to honourably cancel the referendum result that she voted for because she didn't like the result. 

He never talks about austerity, I'm sure he still supports it. His point is nothing to do with that, his point is the 2 major parties are living in the extremes, there's nowhere for people to turn who don't support one of those extremes and the current FPTP voting system means nobody can have a credible alternative. 

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think that article reflects the thoughts of a very large percentage of the country. In the last week I have talked to 2 people who told me they won't vote because their seats are labour/Tory fights and they can't bring themselves to vote for either. There's no getting away from it in my mind, it's a massive fuckup for labour going into this election with Corbyn. 

I live in a pretty safe Tory seat, and its quite the leveler when people say how can you vote for Corbyn, when you reply how can you vote for Boris Johnson? 

In hindsight, the opposition parties should have all stood together and voted against an election. Corbyn should have chosen to stand down, and given his backing to somebody like Rebbecca Long-Bailey and Labour would have stood a better chance, but as I mentioned earlier I still don't see how that would stop Brexit due to the amount of leave voting constituencies?