You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

6 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

A really tough read that.

Horrible. People actually being threatened with violence and being sent violent imagery etc and he won't help them out. Probably because the harassment wasn't coming from the left and it didn't have any political currency for him. 

On the broader issues being discussed, social media is the worst thing that's happened to politics. Do potential candidates not think that their social media will be rummaged through once they look like making the step up into national politics? Whilst their views can't be condoned in some cases neither can their downright stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

They weren’t my words. Maybe you’re right. It’s purely coincidental that Garrard and other pro-Israel lobbyists are giving not inconsiderable amounts of money as donations in kind to many of the politicians that have been at the forefront of all the allegations against the Labour Party. Mad things, coincidences. 

I don't doubt for a second that they have interests which align. It's a leap to say that one is giving money to the other to make stuff up.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't doubt for a second that they have interests which align. It's a leap to say that one is giving money to the other to make stuff up.

Ian Austin just yesterday...

He said he was telling “decent, traditional, patriotic Labour voters that they should be voting for Boris Johnson at this election”, claiming that Corbyn had “spent his entire time in politics working with and defending all sorts of people: extremists and in some cases antisemites and terrorists”.

Austin added: “In the end, I don’t think he’s a patriot. I don’t think he loves his country. I think he always picks our country’s enemies, whether that’s the IRA, during the Troubles, or describing Hamas and Hezbollah as his friends, or parroting Putin’s propaganda when the Russians sent hitmen to murder people on the streets of Britain.

“But most shamefully of all for a party that’s got a proud record of fighting for equality and opposing racism, the Labour party’s been poisoned with anti-Jewish racism under his leadership and it is a complete and utter disgrace.”

That’s making stuff up. 

Are any of the antisemitism campaigners concerned about the growing trend on social media of anti-Corbyn Jewish people doubting that pro-Corbyn Jewish are actually Jewish people and asking them to prove their Jewishness. 

Jo Bird got similar treatment. And it's happening to a lot of pro-Corbyn Jewish people. It's really quite ugly. 

20 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Mate of mine has been nominated to run for parliament. For the Tories...

I congratulated him, and told him I hope he loses!

Nah, you’re not getting away with that. Who is he and where is he standing?

ATL -

It's coming up to the end of the first week of the election campaign, but Boris Johnson has still not had a single press conference

Whereas Jeremy Corbyn has answered questions from representatives of the media and the general public at every policy presentation he has given in the last week.

Johnson is 'frit' as one of his predecessors once said.

Guest Pistonbroke
21 minutes ago, Anubis said:

ATL -

It's coming up to the end of the first week of the election campaign, but Boris Johnson has still not had a single press conference

Whereas Jeremy Corbyn has answered questions from representatives of the media and the general public at every policy presentation he has given in the last week.

Cheers mate. I could read that without putting my reading glasses on, so eyesight not deteriorating. 

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

ATL -

He is a massive shithouse. Won’t take questions. I imagine any tv debates will be carefully scripted and managed. Hopefully Corbyn shouts louder. 

56 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Mate of mine has been nominated to run for parliament. For the Tories...

I congratulated him, and told him I hope he loses!

He should thank his lucky stars that he's not on your kill list.

He's not, is he?

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Trumo said:

He should thank his lucky stars that he's not on your kill list.

He's not, is he?

Be funny if he's called, Bill. 

48 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nah, you’re not getting away with that. Who is he and where is he standing?

No chance! Thankfully, he doesn't really have a chance, but you never know, next time they might give him a closer or even safe seat, and I don't want to have to deal with the guilt by association!

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

ATL -

I've noticed that when the media are reporting from whichever stage managed event or photo opportunity he's about turn up at, like that rally the other day, they're just reporting that he's visiting an undisclosed part of the West Midlands/East Midlands/North East. The Tories are obviously very keen to not disclose the area he's visiting as they know there wil be protests, but why the media are going along with it isn't explained.

I don't think we will see much of him meeting the general public, especially in these Labour held seats they're targetting. No idea why..................................

36CA1920-D701-4206-A4ED-C8DBF15EF2C1.gif

A6324C18-AA3F-4758-ACAC-30B4C3BF6BFD.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I've noticed that when the media are reporting from whichever stage managed event or photo opportunity he's about turn up at, like that rally the other day, they're just reporting that he's visiting an undisclosed part of the West Midlands/East Midlands/North East. The Tories are obviously very keen to not disclose the area he's visiting as they know there wil be protests, but why the media are going along with it isn't explained.

I don't think we will see much of him meeting the general public, especially in these Labour held seats they're targetting. No idea why..................................

36CA1920-D701-4206-A4ED-C8DBF15EF2C1.gif

A6324C18-AA3F-4758-ACAC-30B4C3BF6BFD.jpeg

He's even running scared of 6th form pupils. 

15 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Another smear attack. Guy apparently has done nothing of the sort. Real sinister this.

350E9142-9F74-4344-8779-2AFB70298340.jpeg

Too late the damage is done you cunt. I'm fucking sick of this anti-semitic tripe. Disagreeing with Israels government policy of murdering palestinians is not anti-semtisim its being a fucking human being. Cunts