You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-general-election-latest-kate-ramsden-resign-corbyn-israel-child-abuse-a9193926.html

A Labour general election candidate has quit after it emerged she likened the actions of the Israeli government to those of a child abuser.

Kate Ramsden stood down over a blog post in which she also reportedly alleged that antisemitism claims against Jeremy Corbyn were “orchestrated by the wealthy establishment”.

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They kind of abuse kids though. Particularly if they're harmlessly playing football on a beach. 

I say abuse. I actually mean murder. 

The “orchestrated by wealthy establishment” part veers too close to anti-semitism for my comfort.

He's managed to upset everyone in this short 10 second clip and pretty much make the case for an independent Scotland and Wales. Insult the DUP who are a union party, admits FOM is a good thing therefore upsetting remainers who want FOM and leavers who hate it. If we take his words it is also makes a case why we should have a softer option on a referendum ballot. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Tories have promised to make it easier for foreign Doctors and Nurses to get Visas. The Tories used the 'Keep Immigrants out' to boost their Brexit ambitions. Massive U-Turn by the cunts, almost like they think the electorate have short memories and are thick. How on earth anybody who is working class can trust them enough to give them their vote is beyond me. 

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't know if they're true, I imagine they must have some truth to them, but equally I'm not sure what sure any of it has to do with anything I said.

Of course you don’t. 

17 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't dispute that for a second. But where is the evidence that they are making payments to individual British politicians to trump up antisemitism claims against Her Majesty's Opposition?

17 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

"Cricumstantial evidence", "logic" - no, I want actual proof. Of politicians who are bought and paid for by Jewish interests.

You asked. I gave. Next comes the part where you pull some pedantic shit. I’ve read this book before. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They're not overly offensive. It's more the issue that it's not really a great look for a prospective member of parliament. Some borderline xenophobic ones have been discovered too. 

They are from 2011 and 2014, when this would be considered innocuous enough for the telly, which is where some of it seems to come from. 

39 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Of course you don’t. 

You asked. I gave. Next comes the part where you pull some pedantic shit. I’ve read this book before. 

Okay, not sure I'm following, but correct me if I have this wrong. David Garrard, a (British) businessman counts as an Israeli or Jewish interest, and he is paying people like Ian Austin to inflate antisemitism claims against Labour?

Will Labour have any candidates left by December at this rate?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50344324

Clacton Labour candidate quits over 'Shylock' comment

A Labour candidate has pulled out of the election race over using an anti-semitic remark.

Gideon Bull denied calling a Jewish councillor Shylock directly but admitted using the term during a private meeting.

The Haringey councillor, who was standing in Clacton, Essex, said he did not realise the Shakespearean character was a Jew.

The Labour Party has not responded to Mr Bull's resignation.

A complaint about Mr Bull's use of the term was made to the party in July.

Mr Bull said it was "entirely false" that he had been referring to councillor Zena Brabazon.

He said: "I used an analogy when referring to a housing decision being called in by backbenchers.

"I was not referring to the councillor, who was not part of the call in.

"When she politely informed me that this saying was offensive, I immediately apologised and explained that I did not know that Shylock was Jewish and I would never have mentioned Shylock if I had known this. I grew up in a working class area in Ilford where this was a common saying, but I didn't know it was offensive."

He added the "most important thing" was to get a Labour MP elected in Clacton, where his parents live.

Shylock is a ruthless Jewish moneylender and principal antagonist in The Merchant of Venice.

Ms Brabazon declined to comment.

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Okay, not sure I'm following, but correct me if I have this wrong. David Garrard, a (British) businessman counts as an Israeli or Jewish interest, and he is paying people like Ian Austin to inflate antisemitism claims against Labour?

They weren’t my words. Maybe you’re right. It’s purely coincidental that Garrard and other pro-Israel lobbyists are giving not inconsiderable amounts of money as donations in kind to many of the politicians that have been at the forefront of all the allegations against the Labour Party. Mad things, coincidences.