You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

The Lib Dems and FBPE are going to do Brexit aren't they. A few people have reported the Best for Britain account for disseminating fake information that would make Russian Bots blush. A tactical voting website that says vote Lib Dem in most scenarios. Get Carole Cadwallder on it, Russians could be wanting people to vote Lib Dem to do hard Brexit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jenson said:

What facts are these then?

That, in my opinion, the policy is overly complicated purely to try to hold on to Labour brexit supporting voters. Its not difficult to understand the policy nor is it difficult to understand that in a GE where brexit is the most overriding issue, Labour have fudged it. 

In my opinion, the fact of the matter is that Labour have a massive weakness on Brexit. Many Labour supporters are allowing hearts to rule heads.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

That, in my opinion, the policy is overly complicated purely to try to hold on to Labour brexit supporting voters. Its not difficult to understand the policy nor is it difficult to understand that in a GE where brexit is the most overriding issue, Labour have fudged it. 

In my opinion, the fact of the matter is that Labour have a massive weakness on Brexit. Many Labour supporters are allowing hearts to rule heads.

Ok, your opinion I can understand, even though I disagree. I don't think Labour have fudged it, they are the only party that has an even split between leave and remain supporters. As such, there is no way they can jump wholesale to one side or the other without alienating a huge chunk of potential voters.

The whole Brexit divide now has become toxically polarised and I find it sad that trying to find middle ground is perceived as weak.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Lib Dems? Being dishonest? With their reputation? Whatever were they thinking....

Fucking hell, that's embarrassing. 

"If you could only vote Lib Dem or Tory because it wasn't worth voting Labour, who would you vote for?"

And they still lose out, probably because they were miles behind last time-

General election 2017: North East Somerset[13][14][15][16]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
  Conservative Jacob Rees-Mogg 28,992 53.6 +3.9
  Labour Robin Moss 18,757 34.7 +9.9
  Liberal Democrat Manda Rigby 4,461 8.3 +0.4
  Green Sally Calverley 1,245 2.3 -3.2
  Independent Shaun Hughes 588 1.1 +1.1
Majority 10,235 18.9 -5.9
Turnout 54,043 75.7 +2.0
  Conservative hold Swing -3.0

I went to that Best For Britain site at https://www.getvoting.org put in my postcode, and got this back-

image.png

along with-

image.png

Which is clearly nonsense. The Tory MP at the moment is anything put a remain MP, he's consistently voted with the government on everything Brexit-related. I wouldn't have said the Scottish Tories were for remain either. Worst of all, the constituency is a Tory/ SNP marginal, with Labour in 3rd. The Lib Dems get barely 3%, what the fuck's the point of voting for them? This site's really dangerous if people are relying on it to cast their vote.

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

"If you could only vote Lib Dem or Tory because it wasn't worth voting Labour, who would you vote for?"

Turnout 54,043 75.7 +2.0

We are wondering about the intelligence of electorate. There is stupid and buck stupid and BathNes Lib Dems are in the later category. I really don't know whether to chuckle or despair . So one day in to campaign we have disinformation from usual press and media outlets aided and abetted by nonsense by anyone with a social media account. This is going to be cluster of a GE along the lines of Brexit Referendum people not knowing what they voting for. 

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

A wise man said today ...

lPQh79Be_bigger.jpg

Every time Labour attacks the Lib Dems or the Lib Dems attack Labour they inch the Hard Right Tories closer to power.

It couldn’t be more depressing to watch everyone expecting it to be everyone else’s responsibility to behave in a measured way.

Guest Pistonbroke

It'll be interesting to see how the DUP fair in NI. I can see Dodds losing his seat, the mong. Also at least two other seats are marginal. 

31 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Turnout 54,043 75.7 +2.0

So when given an option between Tory and Lib Dems 8% of people chose Labour. Ironically the same percentage of people that chose the Lib Dems in the actual election in that constituency.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It'll be interesting to see how the DUP fair in NI. I can see Dodds losing his seat, the mong. Also at least two other seats are marginal. 

What's their stance on Brexit going to be now. Perversely surely they have to campaign for Remain now ??  Keep the union together by remaining in EU ?

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, clockspeed said:

What's their stance on Brexit going to be now. Perversely surely they have to campaign for Remain now ??  Keep the union together by remaining in EU ?

I'm not sure they know what they want themselves mate, well apart from bungs. The Tories paid them to jump into bed then threw them under a bus. They have said they are opposing the latest deal vehemently yet they are the only main party in NI that supports Brexit, they have left themselves with nowhere to go.