You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Besiktas want to end Karius loan

TLW

Loris Karius could be on his way back to Liverpool according to a fresh report.

The much-maligned gloveman is currently in the second year of a loan deal at Turkish club Besiktas.

The move has been anything but smooth with the German making a number of errors which were noticeable in his time at the Reds.

Besiktas have had a very poor start to the season currently sitting eighth on the Superlig table with nine points from as many games although they are unbeaten in their last three league games

The disappointing start to the season by the Turkish giants has extended to the Europa League where they are yet to take a point in Group K from three games.

Naturally the powers-that-be are not happy with the current situation and a report in the Mirror (via Takvim) says that Karius could be sent back to the Reds.

Karius has been at his inconsistent best in the new campaign conceding 16 goals in 11 games, but has kept a clean sheet in his last three league fixtures.

The 26 year-old has always had confidence in his game and recently said he had not given up hope of continuing his Liverpool career.

“Will I play for Liverpool again? Of course it's an option and a good option to still be there.

“Maybe I'll play for them again, you never know. It's still far ahead. If it's not Liverpool, it will be another decent team, so I'm not worried about any scenario.

Karius also said he has put his Champions League nightmare behind him.

loris-karius.jpg

“I don't think about Kiev anymore. 

“It's so long ago, nearly two seasons now. There were so many circumstances. 

“I had a bad injury and nobody was talking about it. People can say what they want - it doesn't really concern me anymore.

“I am happy Liverpool won the Champions League the following year, and they have a good chance again this year, so let's see where it takes them. 

“I still speak to the goalkeeping coach and some of the players."

If the keeper did return to Melwood, there is no question that he would be at back of the queue batting it out with Caoimhin Kelleher for the third string spot.

View full article

If there is one good thing to come from it,it was that you cannot get a top class number one goalkeeper paying Aldi prices. I also think Liverpool did not research this guy's fragile mentality or obsession with social media before we signed him. If he is shipped back he will be lost in transit for quite a while. Give him to French baggage handlers is my suggestion.

Thoroughly unlikeable, separate to his unforgivable deficiencies as a goalkeeper. Very much 'me, me, me' -- definitely the weirdest signing we've made as he just didn't seem to fit the blueprint in terms of ability or personality.

“I’ve enjoyed my time here. Of course if you play in England you are a bit more in the spotlight, but it’s a good club here, of course with some problems now and then. It was not always easy the last year and a bit since I’m here but overall the first season was quite good. The Premier League is the best league so it’s interesting of course but also I am still under contract at Liverpool, so maybe I’ll play for Liverpool again, you never know.

“It’s difficult to say now. If it’s not Liverpool it will be another decent team I am sure, so I am not worried.”

Karius the clown was probably paid by Real to throw that game. Those errors were inexplicable. Even the Bale overhead goal would have been saved by a decent goalie. I would be fuming if he ever plays for Liverpool again, even a reserve game. Just get him away from the club, as far as fucking possible.