You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite,Underappreciated,Players that never lived up to their Rep

Lee909

Who are the players you loved watching.

Not the best players in the world,not the most consistent or the players that lived up to the early hype. Or just those that shone brightly over a short spell

Ill start with Adriano

The death of his father was the turning point in his spiral but that man had one of the most powerful and deadly left foots ive ever seen

It was like someone cloned Ronaldo on PES(Has to be Pro Evo for him) took a few points of his skill and touch but ramped his power and distance shooting up to 150

• Upvote 1

Anyone you want. 

He was my favourite player to watch in the world at that time. I'd still rather watch him than Messi or Portuguese Ronaldo. He just looked like he was having fun and actually enjoying the game far more than either of them do

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Anyone you want. 

He was my favourite player to watch in the world at that time. I'd still rather watch him than Messi or Portuguese Ronaldo. He just looked like he was having fun and actually enjoying the game far more than either of them do

That big toothy smile of his and he loved a good no look pass.

• Upvote 1

Andy Goram anytime he played against Celtic. That fucker was like a wall in the 90's. I remember one old firm game, I think they won 1 nil at Ibrox and had about 3 shots all game. Celtic had about 30. Van Hooijdonk just couldn't get it past the fat uvf bastard. 

Jorge Cadete

Jackie McNamara

Scott Brown

Enid Blyton 

Not in any way their faults but when you think of the Liverpool team that had Beardsley, Barnes, Houghton etc and they were not able to play in European competition, that certainly stopped them being world star footballers. 

Most of the foreign players pre 2005 never lived up to the hype because the hype was mainly mystique built up around them.  Knobheads would rave about players they had never seen play more than a handful of times.

Having said that young I’m going to be a massive hypocrite and say I think Pavel Nedved never gets the plaudits he deserves.  It felt like every time I watched him he was the best player on the pitch.  He was a genuinely two footed, skilful all round attacking player and I always wanted us to sign him.  He would have been fantastic in the premier league.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Most of the foreign players pre 2005 never lived up to the hype because the hype was mainly mystique built up around them.  Knobheads would rave about players they had never seen play more than a handful of times.

Having said that young I’m going to be a massive hypocrite and say I think Pavel Nedved never gets the plaudits he deserves.  It felt like every time I watched him he was the best player on the pitch.  He was a genuinely two footed, skilful all round attacking player and I always wanted us to sign him.  He would have been fantastic in the premier league.

I was privileged to be able to watch Nedved play live once back in 2003 and I couldn't take my eyes off him all day. Great player and world class imo.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Not in any way their faults but when you think of the Liverpool team that had Beardsley, Barnes, Houghton etc and they were not able to play in European competition, that certainly stopped them being world star footballers. 

This 100%. My dad has said for years that our side in 88 was as good a side he has seen anywhere in world footy. The Wimbledon loss was a seriously freak result. That side wins at least 2 European cups in that 5 year spell. That ban set us back 30 years. Fucking Chelsea cunts. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Spot on, most foreign players couldn’t hold a candle to our English lads as shown during international tournaments for decades.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Spot on, most foreign players couldn’t hold a candle to our English lads as shown during international tournaments for decades.

Baffles me that England squad 70's , 80's and early 90's. Left out or barely played some fucking belter players. Pallister is the one who sticks in my mind mostly. 22 England caps. Him and Adams together would have been fucking unreal.