You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 30/10 League Cup 20:30

Bjornebye

21 minutes ago, an tha said:

Liverpool XI: Kelleher, Williams, Gomez, Van den Berg, Milner, Lallana, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Elliott, Origi, Brewster.

Substitutes: Adrian, Jones, Kane, Larouci, Chirivella, Clarkson, Koumetio.

Love that line up. Love it to bits. No automatic first teamers, as it should be. Great line up. Really looking forward to it now.

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Love that line up. Love it to bits. No automatic first teamers, as it should be. Great line up. Really looking forward to it now.

It's an interesting line up to see, but i am not sure if it is one that can beat what is a pretty experienced Arsenal team.

We'll see

10 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Do you think? I genuinely think it’s about the same. Our midfield is way more experienced than theirs. Their defence is more experienced than ours but we have Milner at LB. Forward line is much of muchness.

Looks it to me ...how many debutants in their team or players with 1 first team appearance.

I am bored so will have a look and come back 

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Looks it to me ...how many debutants in their team or players with 1 first team appearance.

I am bored so will have a look and come back 

I reckon if you add the number of first team appearances, it’d be pretty close between the two teams.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

It's an interesting line up to see, but i am not sure if it is one that can beat what is a pretty experienced Arsenal team.

We'll see

They have a shot and there's some real quality in our team despite the young players. 

Anyway I've got my glass of milk, my bottle of coke and my can of Carabao. We're doing this. 

1 minute ago, alles ist gut said:

I don’t think the issue is ‘level of experience’, per se, more that there’s no-one in that midfield with the ability to stop their midfield doing whatever they want, and the central defenders behind them are both out of form. We’ll be fine if Arsenal never actually get the ball.

Is Van Den Berg out of form already? I agree with the midfield. This Lallana as a no 6 experiment should never have started. He’s not metronomic enough, and he takes too much risks in his general play.

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I reckon if you add the number of first team appearances, it’d be pretty close between the two teams.

I think it is more spread, we've got kids with virtually zero experience all over park - they haven't.

I've posted theirs, i'll do ours now.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Arsenal: Career first team club games

Martinez - 82

Bellerin - 191

Holding - 93

Mustafi - 253

Kolasinac - 209

Torreira - 175

Willock - 31

Maitland Niles - 109

Ozil - 539

Saka - 15

Martinelli - 40

Us:

Kelleher - 1

Williams - 0

Van den Berg - 23

Gomez - 98

Milner - 715

Lallana - 431

Keita - 213

Chamberlain - 295

Elliott - 4

Brewster - 1

Origi - 244

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Looks like Jurgen has obviously decided he isn't that bothered about this competition & he has all the data etc. so that's fair enough. Arsenal look tempting at 15/8.

Come on this is hardly surprising.  He's been doing it in the domestic cups for a while.   It used to bother me that we were binning trophies to compete for the top four but when it's cause you're challenging for the league and champions League, fuck it. 

There's no way this squad can compete on four fronts after all, that's just silly.  FFS,  this is the back up to our world class front three. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Come on this is hardly surprising.  He's been doing it in the domestic cups for a while.   It used to bother me that we were binning trophies to compete for the top four but when it's cause you're challenging for the league and champions League, fuck it. 

There's no way this squad can compete on four fronts after all, that's just silly.  FFS,  this is the back up to our world class front three. 

Yeah we barely have a proper back up left back. We can't really compete for everything thats just a fantasy. If it happens it happens.